I really thought this was a joke - Bias Response Teams

Layer upon layer of liberal nuttery built up for a result like this. Kind of like the formation of a pearl, but one that is made of microlayers of shit.
Essentially, yes.

They have been very patient over the last couple of decades, constantly pounding away, making more and more people afraid to say what they think, making more and more people hyper-sensitive to the slightest "micro-aggression" (and there has never been a more appropriate term), looking for every last opportunity to scream, put their targets on the defensive, and control the language.

So now, here we are. Campus Bias Response teams to shelter the brittle "feelings" of our little snowflakes. Had we predicted this ten years ago, we'd be laughed out of the conversation.

Enjoy.

Yep, the fruits of creeping gradualism in full view.

Worst part is that this is not an isolated case. It's how they operate across the board. They're not satisfied until whatever their cause dujour is has achieved full retard status, and even then it's not enough.

Layer upon layer of liberal nuttery built up for a result like this. Kind of like the formation of a pearl, but one that is made of microlayers of shit.
Essentially, yes.

They have been very patient over the last couple of decades, constantly pounding away, making more and more people afraid to say what they think, making more and more people hyper-sensitive to the slightest "micro-aggression" (and there has never been a more appropriate term), looking for every last opportunity to scream, put their targets on the defensive, and control the language.

So now, here we are. Campus Bias Response teams to shelter the brittle "feelings" of our little snowflakes. Had we predicted this ten years ago, we'd be laughed out of the conversation.

Enjoy.

Yep, the fruits of creeping gradualism in full view.

Worst part is that this is not an isolated case. It's how they operate across the board. They're not satisfied until whatever their cause dujour is has achieved full retard status, and even then it's not enough.
It has to be a consistent, full-out assault or it's not nearly as effective. They want everyone, everywhere, at every moment to feel they'd better watch what they say or else.

I'd say we're damn near there.

Holy crap, I was going through some of the horrific offenses being perpetrated on our gentle snowflakes here http://uodos.uoregon.edu/Portals/0/BRT/Annual Report 2014-2015.pdf, and I was almost brought to tears.

Examples:

BRT%20Complaints_zpsoewwnoax.gif~original

Insanity doesn't begin to describe this shit.

No way will these students ever have the ability to lead. A sign asking people to clean up is sexist? WTF? If those are what they deem serious infractions that cause them to run and tattle, what will they do when they encounter genuine criminals? Will they cry and tell the mugger that they are being bullies or will the rapist be accused of being insensitive to their gender? If they think that above list is worthy of complaining about then they have a very rude awakening ahead, unless the libs completely take over and simply outlaw free speech. Even if we can't say things, we'll still be in trouble for having the wrong expression on our faces. Good grief, this is becoming a serious problem.

Kids on playgrounds get into trouble for not playing with everyone. I'm sure they get in trouble for not being inclusive. Looks like college is becoming just like kindergarten, right down to the whining about everything.

The left has big issues with free speech, when you says things they don't like, and all this is designed to stop it. It's not that people are that offended, at least not until they realized they could squeal on people they don't like and get them in trouble, but the left is using these insane rules to shut people up when they don't agree with them.

While people in this world are actually being hurt, the left is training students to focus on wording on signs or other little things. I guess it distracts them from real problems that they are ill-equipped to handle anyway.

The left has ignored brutal murders of gays and infidels, intimidation by the Black Panthers at voting polls, teens playing the knock-out game that hurt and killed people, gangs killing each other on the streets of Chicago and other cities, BLM continuing to call for murder of cops, neglect of our veterans, maniacs in the Middle East always threatening the world, a bad economy, dangerous borders and other real life bad things.

Instead of addressing problems that are negatively affecting everyone, the left is focused on pretending to protect a few little groups and the majority are now a target. They watch every little thing people say and do and they overreact to everything. It's starting to feel suffocating. Can you feel Big Brother breathing down your neck right now?

Can't even wear your hair in braids or dreadlocks or you are guilty of cultural appropriation.You can't hold a fiesta and serve Mexican food or wear hats or you are out of line. On the other hand, you better take a taco if it's offered or you are racist.

Hard to keep up since the new rule seems to be to shut your mouth and do what you're told- or else!!!

Cant wait for politcal officers in each unit in the military to keep their minds right on global warming /////remember no matter how outnumbered you are it doesnt matter cause the real fight is against warming

Political Correctness is getting more and more bizarre: On a College Campus? Don’t Try to Tell a Joke

In the ongoing and aggressive effort to protect the feelings of our helpless and put-upon college snowflakes, colleges are creating Bias Response Teams (think of them as PC SWAT units) to jump into action when a student reports being offended.

The BRT at the University of Oregon, for example, proudly lists a couple of examples of how it has rushed in to save, at the very last moment, the feelings and self esteem of a couple of tragic victims:

“A student reported that a professor wrote an insulting comment on their online blog,” according to the case files of the BRT at the University of Oregon. “[We] met with the reporter, and a BRT Case Manager held a professional development conversation with the professor.”

In another case, “a student reported that a sign encouraging cleaning up after oneself was sexist. A BRT Manager followed up to ensure the sign was removed.”

A staff member who made a “culturally insensitive remark” was reported to the dean of students.

Below is the flowchart used by the University of Oregon BRT to address the dangerous flood of free expression that is so damaging the psyches of our barely-out-of-diapers children.

From the piece:

Which is not to say that rude and hostile students should live free of consequences. By all means, let their friends and neighbors shame them. It may even be appropriate to teach them to change their views. But the right place for such an undertaking is the classroom, and the correct educational vehicle is the professor. When professors are free to criticize their students, and students are free to defend themselves, a beneficial exchange of ideas can take place. Everybody walks away better informed.

The anti-bias bureaucracies are an entirely different animal, since their authority stems from the university administration itself. Students who are called before a bias tribunal are at an enormous disadvantage, and will feel like their continued enrollment requires deference to the authority figures.

And while some students doubtlessly say some awful things that merit an administrative response, others seem like clear victims of an ideologically -motivated campaign of silencing. A campus where students live in constant fear of becoming the subjects of formal complaints—where everyone is encouraged to collect information on each other and turn it over to the authorities—is not a healthy community. It’s 1984.

Bias%20Response%20Flowchart_zps6s7mzigv.gif~original
This is just wonderful.
Ya know what? To all the fragile little kiddies who cannot bear to hear anything with which they disagree....Fuck your safe space. I just rendered it with a scorched earth policy.
Screw your stupid triggers. Shove your microagression up your ass.
Do these people really believe that life in the real world is going to respect their fucking safe space?

Holy crap, I was going through some of the horrific offenses being perpetrated on our gentle snowflakes here http://uodos.uoregon.edu/Portals/0/BRT/Annual Report 2014-2015.pdf, and I was almost brought to tears.

Examples:

What a bunch of Two year olds.
It resembles having a younger sibling that is in their tattling stage. Where even the most insignificant issue results in "I'M TELLING".....
These millenials are by far the least prepared for adulthood and life in the real world.
I can only imagine one these spoiled little delicate snowflakes screeching to their boss about their safe spaces and trigger proof environments.

All of this outrage is nice. And...all of the hand wringing about how our young people are not being prepared for life is riveting. But...it's all weak sauce when it comes to reality.

Here is an opposing point of view. Maybe reading this will lower your blood pressure a bit.

Has political correctness really ‘run amok’ on college campuses?
Only a true believing far left wing moon bat would ascribe to this deplorable behavior.

Derrrrrrr. Otaaayyyyyy!

I wonder what it is that triggers some people to hop on this bandwagon? Why is it that some people are so eager to buy into any theory that tells them that our greatest asset....our young people....are incompetent, easily bruised, losers?

Why do some people ignore all of the evidence that tells them that our young people are incredibly capable, enlightened and poised to take their place in society?

Any thoughts on what causes this behavior, Mac?
Because this is the reality this generation presents.
Nowadays, a millenial that presents themselves as a stable, self sufficient achiever willing to do the hard work it takes to succeed and is described as having their head screwed on straight is perceived as "amazing"....

All of this outrage is nice. And...all of the hand wringing about how our young people are not being prepared for life is riveting. But...it's all weak sauce when it comes to reality.

Here is an opposing point of view. Maybe reading this will lower your blood pressure a bit.

Has political correctness really ‘run amok’ on college campuses?
Only a true believing far left wing moon bat would ascribe to this deplorable behavior.

Derrrrrrr. Otaaayyyyyy!
The response is typical lib.

Imagine when the Managers have to retrain the snowflake because they are incapable of performing the required tasks that they were hired for in the first place.

Then the demand for a safe space takes precedence over performance.

They already do. I deal with a slew of 24-28 year old "engineers" at work. I (a Maps & Records Tech) now have to do 50-60% of their work because they are unable to do it themselves. Anything they prove to be incapable of handling gets dumped on my department because we have a core group that's been here long enough to know how to get things done. Yet I don't get an additional portion in my paycheck.
looks like you company is in need of a serious house cleaning...
BTW, I do not have an engineering degree and I can run through anything having to do with geography, geodetics etc like crap through a goose. it's easy stuff....I taught myself how to read topomaps. I have a fairly good knowledge of metes and bounds.
And I don't need a safe space.

Southeast Asia was a deadly theater. In all reality, it was the first war Americans faced where guerrilla warfare was the rule of the day.
Charlie did not play by the rules of civilized warfare. They were a vicious and cunning enemy.

Examples:

What's the stock value for Kimberly Clark.

When these snowflakes hit the real world there is going to be a rush to the aisles for Depends.
I think some good advice for kids entering college is to go into law.

These delicate snowflakes will be filing so many lawsuits in the future there won't be enough lawyers. Whenever they think they're being slighted the shit will hit the fan.

My youngest daughter starts college in the fall, majoring in biomedical engineering. Maybe she should re-think that.
We have a glut of Lawyers. The numbers have dropped 7%. Pretty soon they're going to just be suing each other.

Your daughter shouldn't rethink her choice. She should proceed and keep her mind on her career.
Depends on the type of law one wishes to practice. Trail lawyers get the worst rap.
There are many other functions attorneys perform.

Even trying to stay out of their way can get a student reported for purposeful avoidance.
I'm an incredibly shy person and b/c of that I know only a few people.

I was asked to list 10 references, 3 were family b/c I ran out of people I would call actual friends.

moved a lot, so I was constantly the knew kid, so you either avoided people or fought.

These snowflakes would have had me in front of a tribunal, getting judged and re-educated.

How do you make it ok to torment a person that wants to be left alone?
I am an incredibly nasty person. I tone it down here normally if I say something it will be cruel, insulting or humiliating. In order to spare the feelings of total strangers, I will often say nothing. When addressed, I will likely walk away saying nothing. If asked to give ten references, I could possibly come up with one. I have always moved with regularity so never had to extend myself to make friends. As a kid I fought with everyone until they learned to stay away from me.

Purposeful avoidance is my way of being sociable.

Even trying to stay out of their way can get a student reported for purposeful avoidance.
Wiht that one report, I can say this. I would not last a week on that campus.
I usually go out of my way to avoid people.
I guess I would offend everybody. And why is this? Because I wished to avoid interaction unless it is on my terms.
I look at this way. People for the most part are high maintenance. They require coddling. Thye have "problems"....I avoid drama like it were the Black Plague.
I have very few friends. Don't need 'em. I have my small circle. That's that.
I guess as a college student, I'd be a loner. Who cares.

Southeast Asia was a deadly theater. In all reality, it was the first war Americans faced where guerrilla warfare was the rule of the day.
Charlie did not play by the rules of civilized warfare. They were a vicious and cunning enemy.
The indian wars or the revolution doesn't count?

Review history.

I'm an incredibly shy person and b/c of that I know only a few people.

I was asked to list 10 references, 3 were family b/c I ran out of people I would call actual friends.

moved a lot, so I was constantly the knew kid, so you either avoided people or fought.

These snowflakes would have had me in front of a tribunal, getting judged and re-educated.

How do you make it ok to torment a person that wants to be left alone?
I am an incredibly nasty person. I tone it down here normally if I say something it will be cruel, insulting or humiliating. In order to spare the feelings of total strangers, I will often say nothing. When addressed, I will likely walk away saying nothing. If asked to give ten references, I could possibly come up with one. I have always moved with regularity so never had to extend myself to make friends. As a kid I fought with everyone until they learned to stay away from me.

Purposeful avoidance is my way of being sociable.
I'm a fairly nice person. I interact with the public in people's homes every day. So it's difficult for me to ignore the utter stupidity of some people. I just flip a switch, become the ultimate in diplomacy and move on. Even if a customer becomes unreasonable, I just let it roll off my back and work with them. After all its their home. I respect that.
That is until someone steps on my toes. Depending on how hard that person steps, I can turn into a real asshole.
I don't ask for much. Just leave me the hell alone. And don't fix shit that isn't broken.

It has to be a consistent, full-out assault or it's not nearly as effective. They want everyone, everywhere, at every moment to feel they'd better watch what they say or else.

I'd say we're damn near there.

If the left is worried about bias, they better send some teams out immediately to the DNC since they have shown clear bias against Sanders. Then ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and MSNBC need to have a visit for their clear favoritism of liberals. They all stick together and bash Republicans, then want FOX off the air because one news outlet dares to speak up for conservatives.

Notice that only certain people get called on things. No white would be taken seriously if they complained that they were being called 'honky.' No student would get very far with a complaint that someone wrote Hillary on the sidewalk. The left could use enamel paint on the front of the building and they'd still claim freedom of speech.

White students with dreadlocks get beat up and told not to commit the crime of cultural appropriation. Beyoncé dyes her hair blond and no one dare say a word.

The only bias they care about is that which goes against the moronic political correctness.

Forum List

Back