I really thought this was a joke - Bias Response Teams

I wouldn't hire an Oregon Grad for fear of the harm they could bring.
Well, as the article pointed out, Oregon is just one of several, and it's spreading..
What I find interesting is that the least offense is objected to, but if a MAN wishes to use a WOMEN'S room it is those who protest that are vilified.
They make the rules.

Break 'em, and the Bias Response Team will be knocking at your door.

Is that you passively agreeing with the contention that men want to use the women's room? If sure came off that way. You wouldn't want to use an obvious bit of disinformation just to try to make your point, would you?

Well, as the article pointed out, Oregon is just one of several, and it's spreading..
What I find interesting is that the least offense is objected to, but if a MAN wishes to use a WOMEN'S room it is those who protest that are vilified.
They make the rules.

Is that you passively agreeing with the contention that men want to use the women's room? If sure came off that way. You wouldn't want to use an obvious bit of disinformation just to try to make your point, would you?

Are you denying that there are MEN that want to use the woman's room?

Are you denying science?

They make the rules.

Are you denying science?

There are transgendered women who want to use the women's room.

They make the rules.

Are you denying science?

Women can now use women's room what in the Hell are you talking about?

Are you denying science or just making up new definitions of male and female?

They make the rules.

Are you denying science?

He's just humping my leg, trying to deflect from the thread.

This is what he is. He is a waste of time.

male
māl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring.
    "male children"
    synonyms: masculine, virile, manly, macho; More

noun
  1. 1.
    a male person, plant, or animal.
    "the audience consisted of adult males"

They make the rules.

Are you denying science?

He's just humping my leg, trying to deflect from the thread.

This is what he is. He is a waste of time.

Actually, he is channeling Webster and is changing the dictionary and denying science. This is just a wedge issue that the left wishes to force on everyone. I wish they would get a new hobby.

Political Correctness is getting more and more bizarre: On a College Campus? Don’t Try to Tell a Joke
Well on the bright side at least the PC Thought Police haven't gotten to the part where they start sending the violators of approved politically correct speech to re-education camps.... YET.

Now excuse me, I just had a sudden urge to go micro-agress some University of Oregon Students, be back in a couple of hours (assuming I can avoid capture and execution by campus authorities).....:scared1:

"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thought-crime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten. The process will still be continuing long after you and I are dead. Every year fewer and fewer words, and the range of consciousness always a little smaller. Even now, of course, there's no reason or excuse for committing thought-crime. It's merely a question of self-discipline, reality-control. But in the end there won't be any need even for that. . . . Has it ever occurred to you, Winston, that by the year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now?" -- George Orwell, 1984

Well on the bright side at least the PC Thought Police haven't gotten to the part where they start sending the violators of approved politically correct speech to re-education camps.... YET.
Y'know, I no longer assume that something won't happen.

Would it be surprising if students had to go to some location for re-programming?

Holy crap, I was going through some of the horrific offenses being perpetrated on our gentle snowflakes here http://uodos.uoregon.edu/Portals/0/BRT/Annual Report 2014-2015.pdf, and I was almost brought to tears.

Examples:

BRT%20Complaints_zpsoewwnoax.gif~original

Notice that most of them are simply dismissed.

In the latest over-reaction to something patently innocuous…

It looks like the U of O has sat up something resembling 3rd party arbitration for students who feel offended. While I think this is completely unnecessary, I see why they did it. At best, it will uncover some actual bias that goes on (which I would wager was the actual intent of the body). At worst, it will be used by malcontents to simply waste everyone’s time.

There is bias that goes on; either intended or unintended. We all have biases toward those who think like, look like, sound like, or simply like us. Sounds as though U of O has recognized that and has given students a tool to address it when they may be intimidated by a professor who has been there for 33 years or simply a grad student.

At the end of the day, I don’t think U of O should have done this. The University, at it’s best, should provide a wholistic education to the student. Part of that is conflict resolution. Or, what I think you can put a premium on in 2016 America (or is it Obama’s America???? LoL) is that the price of living in a free and open society is that, on occasion, you will hear things, see things, smell things, and be exposed things that you will find offensive; when you do, turn the other cheek.

Or bitch about it on a message board when it, in no way, inflicts you.

Y'know, I no longer assume that something won't happen.

Would it be surprising if students had to go to some location for re-programming?
You must be reading my mind because I was just considering the huge upcoming business opportunities in the post higher education, political correctness de-programming academy market.

"NightFox Academy: Since you've blown a bunch of money on tuition to make your rugrats totally unable to function outside the Academia Ivory Tower, now you can pay for your kids to get a degree in how to deal with the REAL WORLD" :D

Even trying to stay out of their way can get a student reported for purposeful avoidance.
I'm an incredibly shy person and b/c of that I know only a few people.

I was asked to list 10 references, 3 were family b/c I ran out of people I would call actual friends.

moved a lot, so I was constantly the knew kid, so you either avoided people or fought.

These snowflakes would have had me in front of a tribunal, getting judged and re-educated.

How do you make it ok to torment a person that wants to be left alone?

The o.p.'s first impression was correct; these are a joke. That someone in Oregon doesn't realize the fact doesn't change anything.

Whatever company hires one of these graduates is going to have their hands full. Just imagine the Human Resource Manager's face when the snowflake asks for a "safe space".

:lol:

Don't think it's happening now?

True story:

Last year I had a delivery to a job site at Progressive Insurance. I pulled all the way into the back where the construction trailer was. I was a little confused at the environment. They had a track of some sort go all the way from the main building to the back which was quite a distance for a city property.

So I asked the guy unloading me about it. He told me that Progressive called it a Stress Track. Yes. If you ever felt any stress, you simply went to your supervisor and informed him or her that you were stressed and were heading out to the Stress Track. If your supervisor gave you any grief about it, you were to report that supervisor to the Inhuman Resource department.

The construction crew was there for several months before my delivery, so I asked him how stressed people were at that company? He replied that he's never seen such a large group of people so stressed in his life. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

People brought bikes there, running equipment, one guy apparently had a pogo stick to relieve his stress. You were also allowed to invite friends and family to the Stress Track to entertain you as you worked out your frustration.

What's the stock value for Kimberly Clark.

When these snowflakes hit the real world there is going to be a rush to the aisles for Depends.

That's what happens too.

We spend time trying to protect the feelings of people and we end up raising egg shells. So fragile, so delicate that when they finally get a job and get balled out at work, they come back with a gun and kill people. Then the liberals blame the gun for the problem.
Their lives as children are scripted, structured and sterile. Presumably a safe environment, confined to indoor activities. Unimaginative and lacking social interactions other than through social media and video games.

When we were kids we disappeared until the street lights came on. We could walk miles to our favorite fishing and swimming spots. We rode our bikes everywhere.

Kids can't go to the end of the street alone without a neighbor calling the police or CPS.

Is it any wonder why they are like this when they get to College.

Much of it has to do with entertainment. Like you, our only entertainment inside as a child was a television set with rabbit ears that got about five or six channels, only about two or three very clear, and we had a radio and record player.

You watched television all winter long, so in summer, all they really had on during prime time were reruns.

So yes, we spent much of our childhood outside playing games, hanging around the bowling alley or Woolworths. If you had any money, pitch in and get a pizza, but you never spent anytime at home.

Spring is here and now I watch how my tenants react to it. The older people like myself come outside, open their windows, we sit on some lawn chairs and BS. My younger tenants? They act the same way as in winter. Windows closed solid, the only time they come out is to get to their cars, they don't talk to many people because they don't know many people.

The funny thing? It's my younger tenants that tell me all winter long "I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here already!" :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Layer upon layer of liberal nuttery built up for a result like this.

Kind of like the formation of a pearl, but one that is made of microlayers of shit.

Layer upon layer of liberal nuttery built up for a result like this. Kind of like the formation of a pearl, but one that is made of microlayers of shit.
Essentially, yes.

They have been very patient over the last couple of decades, constantly pounding away, making more and more people afraid to say what they think, making more and more people hyper-sensitive to the slightest "micro-aggression" (and there has never been a more appropriate term), looking for every last opportunity to scream, put their targets on the defensive, and control the language.

So now, here we are. Campus Bias Response teams to shelter the brittle "feelings" of our little snowflakes. Had we predicted this ten years ago, we'd have been laughed out of the conversation.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back