I propose we raise the minimum enlistment age

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
States are in the process of passing laws that make it illegal for an 18 year old to use tobacco. If one is too young to make a decision like that then they're certainly too young to be handed an M16 and sent to war.

States are in the process of passing laws that make it illegal for an 18 year old to use tobacco. If one is too young to make a decision like that then they're certainly too young to be handed an M16 and sent to war.
Have you ever gotten burned by a CO or NCO by doing push-ups in cadence with smoking a cigarette?

The new California nanny law has an exemption for military personnel.

So, if you're eighteen, live in California, and you want to smoke, enlist.

I grew up during the Vietnam era, if you want war, you and your offspring had better be able to fight IT personally.

i actually agree with that. same as i think if you can die for your country, you should be able to at least buy yourself a beer

I grew up during the Vietnam era, if you want war, you and your offspring had better be able to fight IT personally.
I certainly didn't like what they showed on the evening news..
Me either. I do remember seeing broadcast footage of a Helicopter lifting a huge net of dead Vietcong in a net as if they were the catch of the day, talk about how we met some quota. The Cronkite report on CBS. Black and white.

Me either. I do remember seeing broadcast footage of a Helicopter lifting a huge net of dead Vietcong in a net as if they were the catch of the day, talk about how we met some quota. The Cronkite report on CBS. Black and white.
Yeah, and my Dad was there along with two uncles, they made it back okay...

My Bother was in there somewhere. They aren't a name on a wall few remember. I know a couple of them.

My Bother was in there somewhere. They aren't a name on a wall few remember. I know a couple of them.
That's sad....But those damn whine fest protest songs annoyed me more than having to hear country and western music..

I am listening to Melanie's "candles in the rain". All people want is fair wage for a living. Paying some dude to shoot a ball through a hoop for a bazillion clams, or some other dude to leads a corporation for fleeting profit, so what? l work I pay people to mange my money, they don't deserve to make more. Plain pure and simple.
I manage my own yet pay myself low wages..

I am listening to Melanie's "candles in the rain". All people want is fair wage for a living. Paying some dude to shoot a ball through a hoop for a bazillion clams, or some other dude to leads a corporation for fleeting profit, so what? l work I pay people to mange my money, they don't deserve to make more. Plain pure and simple.
I manage my own yet pay myself low wages..
You do that.

Forum List

Back