Is US Weak?

alpine

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012

Lately, Russia have been testing the waters with the US world dominance, in multiple different occasions.

Would Russian attempts to show weakness in US policies pay of?

Could it cause US to lose some key influence around the globe, to Russia?

What would appropriate answer be to such attempts?

Can US maintain her position in the world with the way she is currently handling the situation?

Is US weak?

US is becoming weaker, but still has the widest capabilities. Why Russia is doing provocations - maybe because there is no reason to be polite?

When the USSR had a huge superiority in submarines they were heavy hitters but only in our eyes. The world is impressed by dem big ass carriers and the flotillas that support them. The public is impressed by what they can see. Then there is all those planes and the bombs on da carriers that bring it in measured amounts that really flat scare the poop outta medium to small countries.

The subs are a taste out dated. I was working at a machine shop that made these titanium cylinders that have been placed all over the globe that can track EVERYTHING in the oceans both above and below the waterline. Since the deployment of these top secret listening devices the Russian Subs are sitting ducks.

Much weaker than ever I think.

Why?

Seriously?? I would have to make a list.
Starting with our military being down. Then on to so many people on welfare. Then to so many that do not WANT to work.
Economy is horrible.
To all the crime. To the hatred.

I could go on and on, but I think you get my point.

Why?

Starting with our military being down. Then on to so many people on welfare. Then to so many that do not WANT to work.
Economy is horrible.

I get your point but I hear a bunch of right wing talking points with nothing to back them up... Our world and economy has and always will have problems but all factors need to be considered and domestically we have done pretty good over the past 7 years and still have plenty more work to do. Militarily I keep hearing how we are in shambles... But then hear nothing but half truths to back that up. We have the strongest military force by far by far by faaaar In The world... What's the problem?

Why?

Economy is horrible.

I get your point but I hear a bunch of right wing talking points with nothing to back them up... Our world and economy has and always will have problems but all factors need to be considered and domestically we have done pretty good over the past 7 years and still have plenty more work to do. Militarily I keep hearing how we are in shambles... But then hear nothing but half truths to back that up. We have the strongest military force by far by far by faaaar In The world... What's the problem?

Sheesh. With lack of feeling you have to have any respect for me as a poster, you have to start in with the right wing crap. No. It is what I think.
And you are wrong imo. My dad and husband both served in the military (and many others I know), and the military is NOTHING like it used to be.
But, if all you can do is try and insult me with the right wing crap....forget it. I am sick of that crap, and all it shows is you want to insult and not debate.
See ya.

Why?

Economy is horrible.

Sheesh. With lack of feeling you have to have any respect for me as a poster, you have to start in with the right wing crap. No. It is what I think.
And you are wrong imo. My dad and husband both served in the military (and many others I know), and the military is NOTHING like it used to be.
But, if all you can do is try and insult me with the right wing crap....forget it. I am sick of that crap, and all it shows is you want to insult and not debate.
See ya.
Apologies... I'm sick of the partisan BS too as I constantly getting knee jerk responses/insults to my comments on this board. It's annoying and not something I want to get in the habit of doing. I respect your opinions especially since you have input from Vets who have first hand experience. I hear so much talk about how bad and diminished our military is and I know many people in the military as well... I respect the shit out of what they do. I feel like all the negative comments insult the great work that so many are doing in our Military and I hear so much dishonesty about the state of our military. We have had so many amazing successes over the years so I get frustrated when I hear nothing but negativity so people can Obama bash.

Why?

Economy is horrible.

See ya.
Apologies... I'm sick of the partisan BS too as I constantly getting knee jerk responses/insults to my comments on this board. It's annoying and not something I want to get in the habit of doing. I respect your opinions especially since you have input from Vets who have first hand experience. I hear so much talk about how bad and diminished our military is and I know many people in the military as well... I respect the shit out of what they do. I feel like all the negative comments insult the great work that so many are doing in our Military and I hear so much dishonesty about the state of our military. We have had so many amazing successes over the years so I get frustrated when I hear nothing but negativity so people can Obama bash.

I was not trying to bash Obama. I feel things have been on a down swing before he came along. And, I am not usually one that tries to insult.
The board is about to go down, so hopefully we can pick this up tomorrow. :)

Economy is horrible.

See ya.

I was not trying to bash Obama. I feel things have been on a down swing before he came along. And, I am not usually one that tries to insult.
The board is about to go down, so hopefully we can pick this up tomorrow. :)
Sounds good, apologies again for getting aggressive, it's been a long day... plus I just watched the CNN story with Obama about the Bin Laden attack and was all fired up on how awesome we are :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Nope. US is still the only real deal. But no reason to get complacent.

Greg

You think the military is weak now, you should have seen it in the 1980's. We couldn't get shelf stock repair parts..

Lately, Russia have been testing the waters with the US world dominance, in multiple different occasions.

Can US maintain her position in the world with the way she is currently handling the situation?

Is US weak?

No. The US is stupid because it is lead by neocons and warmongering fools.

If we continue this policy of confrontation with Russia, we just might get WWIII...if Hillary gets elected, it will be much more likely.

Is US weak?

If we continue this policy of confrontation with Russia, we just might get WWIII...if Hillary gets elected, it will be much more likely.

What is a policy that puts US in a confrontation with Russia?

What is annoying Russia so they are trying to retaliate and balance power?

Is US weak?

What is a policy that puts US in a confrontation with Russia?

What is annoying Russia so they are trying to retaliate and balance power?

Those questions clearly indicate you are not informed.

Here...read this column from Pat Buchanan. Hopefully it will enlighten you.

Is Russia Right To Resent the US? - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

You think the military is weak now, you should have seen it in the 1980's. We couldn't get shelf stock repair parts..

How do you measure weakness?
Or; how do you measure strength?

If you are looking at it in a military readiness perspective, there is no other force on the face of this planet that is stronger than the US military, thats a fact.

The more an army fights, the stronger it gets.

And US military has been fighting all over the world, in all types of conditions, for a loooooong time.

But;

US has a much bigger role than being a fighting machine on this planet.
The major political target for the USA, is world dominance.
And military is a key element to this goal, tho mostly not as a fighting force, but as an influencing force.

So;

Do you see the US military contribution to the US power projection and influence around the world same as in the past, especially compared to the era after the soviet collapse?
Meaning; do US military have the means to stabilize/destabilize a region in the direction of US interests, w/o undertaking costly and expensive full scale operations?

Forum List

Back