I need some ideas...

manu1959 said:
well.... when you act like people are invisible ... it tends to piss them off
Point well taken! Yeah, I can live with that, been doing it myself this week. :shocked:

khafley said:
You could always keep tabs on her every move, and keep notes yourself.

Don't waste your time with this. When somebody came to me with an "issue" like this about another worker, I usually pegged them for the next layoff if there was one coming. I would usually make it clear that they need to pay attention to their work and not to other's work.

Don't waste time just doing what they do.

manu1959 said:
well.... when you act like people are invisible ... it tends to piss them off

I had a "coworker" do this to me once, she stopped talking to me like it was going to hurt my feelings or somthing. It was a quiet 5 months, then she got upset when somebody else did it to her so she started talking to me again, that sucked.

Said1 said:
In a perfect world maybe. :laugh:

Maybe.. But you can spend your life getting even with people, or you can spend your life advancing.. Those that don't take part in petty games are more likely to advance...

Besides, this girl is obviously trying to make up for something in her life, and is trying to get a rise out of *someone*, or get somewhere, and she thinks she can do it by trying to stab someone else in the back.

Why make it easy for her?

Shattered said:
Maybe.. But you can spend your life getting even with people, or you can spend your life advancing.. Those that don't take part in petty games are more likely to advance...

Besides, this girl is obviously trying to make up for something in her life, and is trying to get a rise out of *someone*, or get somewhere, and she thinks she can do it by trying to stab someone else in the back.

Why make it easy for her?

I prefer a face to face confrontation with people like that, usually puts an end to things quickly.

Exchanging revenge ideas is fun, I don't think fuzzy would stoop to anything below a good natured joke anyway.

Said1 said:
I prefer a face to face confrontation with people like that, usually puts an end to things quickly.

Exchanging revenge ideas is fun, I don't think fuzzy would stoop to anything below a good natured joke anyway.

thanks for the vote of confidence!

i had someone like this when i worked at McD's in HS. It was much easier to fuck with them because there was so much more that you could do, and not get caught. Oh, the things we did to that guy...shitload of salt in his pop that he kept in the breakroom in his locker...unplugging one of the connectors to the drivethru headset battery...saran-wrap his car...take and hide his jacket...

it's harder in an office where there are too many witnesses. i don't want to threaten her...I just want to mess with her. My husband suggested unplugging the power cord for her computer and phone line.

Go to Best Buy and get a CD player/radio.

Or play your CDs in your work computer.

As far as the "revenge" thing, I think the best thing to do is to ignore the girl.

gop_jeff said:
Go to Best Buy and get a CD player/radio.

Or play your CDs in your work computer.

As far as the "revenge" thing, I think the best thing to do is to ignore the girl.

why? i have a $1500 laptop that plays cds just fine. it also plays dvds that i will play in the lunchroom with my other coworkers. my other coworkers dont have a problem and it is not against any rules. if it was, Marcy would have told me the first time i brought it in.

and the laptop isn't the issue anyway. SHE is. i am not going to change myself or what i want to do on my free time just because this woman chooses to be that way. changing MYSELF just to avoid someone being a bitch is a Liberal-style idea.

i have a replica of Hermione's wand from the HP3 movie...maybe I should bring it in, and keep it in my back pocket, and walk past her with it. she freaked out when i dressed as hermione for halloween, complete with uniform, robes, wand, cauldron, and a bunch of 'wizard treats'

i think i have an idea....

:dev1:

fuzzykitten99 said:
i didn't say that you were...it's just the thought itself was something a liberal WOULD say...basically you must change yourself to accomodate or not offend anyone else.

Apparently, it's not a Liberal idea, since not a single Lib suggested it, yet a handful of Conservs suggested it...

But..just out of curiousity, why would you want to be known as someone who stoops to petty BS games? Whatever you do finally come up with isn't going to make her look bad... It's going to make you look bad, and quite possibly backfire enough to get you into trouble - not her. What would your response to your supervisor be, then? "She told on me."?

Just curious...

Said1 said:
I think almost everyone was joking around here, I know I was. :rolleyes:

Possibly.. I based my answers around the fact that she *sounded* serious, and took the time to type that whole thing out.

Shattered said:
Possibly.. I based my answers around the fact that she *sounded* serious, and took the time to type that whole thing out.

I hope not, but it would be nice to do some of that stuff to some people who go out of their way to brown nose at the expense of others. :D

Said1 said:
I hope not, but it would be nice to do some of that stuff to some people who go out of their way to brown nose at the expense of others. :D

The thought of it (and sometimes worse) is a blast.. Just, unfortunately, in situations like that, it backfires. I would leave a voodoo doll that looks like her on the corner of my desk, with a bunch of needles in it, tho, and if asked "Oh, my 5-year old made that for me.. it's Mrs. Pincushion."...just to see if it made her nervous. If nothing, I'd make sure she saw me idly moving pins around during lunch...

Nothing that can be considered malicious, nothing that harms anything of hers, no direct contact with her whatsoever, etc.

Okay - here's what you do. If you're sure this person is the busybody, engage her in coversation on a break. "Confide" in her that there is a snitch in the office. Go into great detail about what you think of the snitch. Describe the "unknown" snitch with words and phrases like spinster, busybody, needs to get laid, needs to get a life, company whore, frustrated shrew - you get the picture.

If you want to spice it up a bit more, suggest that if you ever find out who the "unknown" snitch is, that you know some gang members you can hire to kick her ass.

Forum List

Back