• 1 large onion, chopped
  • 4 ounces green chiles
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
  • 6 medium flour tortillas
  • 3 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded and divided
  • 1 tablespoon parsley, for garnish
  • Directions
  • Step 1 -Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Step 2 -Generously season both sides of the chicken with the taco seasoning.
  • Step 3 -In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
  • Step 4 -Add the seasoned chicken to the oil and cook on both sides until an instant thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165 degrees F and it's browned, about 5 minutes per side.
  • Step 5 -Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board and cut it into small cubes.
  • Step 6 -In the same skillet, add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
  • Step 7 -Add the green chilis and the garlic to the onions and cook until the green chiles are warmed and the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
  • Step 8 -Add the cooked chicken and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce into the veggie mixture. Stir until all the ingredients are combined and cook until the chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes.
  • Step 9 -On a clean, flat work surface, place the tortillas.
  • Step 10 -Spoon 1/2-3/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each tortilla.
  • Step 11 -Sprinkle each tortilla topped with the chicken mixture with 1/4 cup of the cheese, then roll them up.
  • Step 12 -Spoon about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
  • Step 13 -Place the filled tortillas seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
  • Step 14 -Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle them with the remaining cheese.
  • Step 15 -Bake, uncovered, until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 25-30 minutes.
  • Step 16 -Garnish the enchiladas with the parsley.
  • Step 17 -Serve.

1676598669236.jpeg

Stuffed Meatloaf

Ingredients

• 9 ounces bacon, thin-cut
  • 2 pounds of ground beef
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup green pepper, optional, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, of your choice

Directions​

Step 1 -Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2 -Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and 2/3 of the bacon, leaving an overhang of the bacon.
Step 3 -In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, green pepper, mustard, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper with your hands.
Step 4 -Shape a long log with 2/3 of the meat mixture and place it inside the prepared pan.
Step 5 -Use your hands to make a crease down the middle of the meatloaf and add the cheese to the crease.
Step 6 -Cover the cheese-filled meat with the remaining meat mixture.
Step 7 -Fold the bacon overhang on top of the cheese-filled meatloaf.
Step 8 -Cover the loaf entirely with the remaining bacon and 1/3 of the barbecue sauce.
Step 9 -Bake for 40 minutes.
Step 10 -Carefully spread 1/3 of the barbecue sauce on top of the meatloaf.
Step 11 -Continue baking the meatloaf until an instant thermometer inserted into the center reads 160 degrees F.
Step 12 -Carefully transfer the cooked meatloaf from the oven and cover it with the remaining barbecue sauce.
Step 13 -Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Step 14 -Very carefully drain the excess grease on top of the pan.
Step 15 -Slice and serve.

Rules for this thread:

I need a recipe…
@ a member
List particulars ;)

I need a recipe (idea) for dinner Sunday that is budget friendly and does not involve mac and cheese or ramen noodles.

Meister do you have any suggestions?
Is it a special occasion, or are you having guests? Why Sunday?

No guests. Sunday is the only day right now where I want to really make an effort to cook something different.
Here's something really easy, really good. In a cast iron skillet, sauté small diced onions (about a half) in a little of the oil of your choice, add minced garlic - I just use the jar stuff and use as much as I can pile onto a dinner fork in one scoop - until the onion is translucent. Add a splash or two of the wine of your choice. Add chicken thighs that you have removed the skin and seasoned. I use Cavender's Greek Seasoning, or salt and pepper, or even adobo, depending on my mood, but mostly Cavender's because it's awesome. Move the mixture to the side, and start packing them in there next to each other with no room between them (they will shrink), scooping the mixture over them. You can cook them on the stovetop, but you get a more even result by putting it in a 350 degree oven for about 60-80 minutes, flipping them over about 40 minutes in. You'll get delicious falling off the bone thighs and gravy to put over rice, along with the veggie of your choice. I do a variation of this at least once a week. Sometimes with pasta and Alfredo sauce, sometimes as part of chicken and dumplings.

The cast iron isn't required but preferable.

Rules for this thread:

I need a recipe…
@ a member
List particulars ;)

I need a recipe (idea) for dinner Sunday that is budget friendly and does not involve mac and cheese or ramen noodles.

Meister do you have any suggestions?
BBQ short ribs, I use this recipe

Forum List

Back