I listened to Rush for the first time Wednesday.

Well, everything that you listed as coming with membership is right there for free, I don't know what else to call it but a robbery.

What it has to do with the question is that I didn't know people still got "aol" memberships, except for memberships in companies owned by aol. It's news to me.

I didn't just get the membership, I've had it since 1993. The question wasn't "Do people still get AOL memberships" it wasn not a question at all, it was about Rush and my impression of his show. Total fail there pal.

I took a subject out of the OP (your aol membership) and discussed it. Sue me, but I don't believe your story.

That's because you are intellectually lazy. It's easier to deny my story than to address what my story says.

Since he's so over the top, it's a 2 sided coin.

He's also created this enormous "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media" mentality. So now anytime a republican does or says something stupid (Palin provided many examples of this) they can just blame it on the media.

Nice strawman you have there. You have fun beating on it.

No, it's a reality i have here, but no it's not nice.

Being biased as you are towards republicans, i can understand why you wouldn't see it.

It's like the parent who blames the teacher for their kid failing at science.

Wow! Two strawmen in a row! Are you building an army?

I didn't just get the membership, I've had it since 1993. The question wasn't "Do people still get AOL memberships" it wasn not a question at all, it was about Rush and my impression of his show. Total fail there pal.

I took a subject out of the OP (your aol membership) and discussed it. Sue me, but I don't believe your story.

That's because you are intellectually lazy. It's easier to deny my story than to address what my story says.

there's no level of difficulty involved in addressing your story.

here, i'll address it: good for you, i think you're lying. assuming you're not, who0pty-d0o.

yea, real difficult.

Nice strawman you have there. You have fun beating on it.

Being biased as you are towards republicans, i can understand why you wouldn't see it.

I see you have nothing to counter me with other than getting emotional over your defense of Rush, I understand.

Have a great weekend :).

I listen to rush this past week and many of his commercials are gone.

The station here in Miami (WIOD) are using their commercials to fill in the gaps. I guess the station is paying Rush for the programming air time. Even so, the commercial performed by Rush are GONE!

I wonder how long this arrangement will last. Ken Star is not known for shilling out money when he can start up another local show that can fit the bill(Star is a genius at finding local personalities, by the way. We have this Libertarian that comes on after Rush that is part laugh and part "hey he got a point here! But I still don't agree with him!").

Give it time, Rush might not be on the air in Miami.Star is just too much of a money making capitalist.

Todd Schnitt is cool I miss him.

I was talking about the physical toll it takes on the human body, abusing prescription drugs is much worse on the body than MJ use is.

Fine; and no doubt you are correct about that. But the greater harm is social and from the use of MJ, on multiple levels emanating out from the individual, his or her family, associates, the crime it induces into communities not able to cope with it, and on and on. You can't buy a bag of dope without incurring risk to innocents associated with you. Potheads are very good at getting by undetected in automobile accidents which they have caused because of their habits. They can't even be open in their interpersonal relationships to any healthy degree.

Agree to disagree, and i've never smoked MJ or abused prescriptions but all the flaws you named I think are even worse in those who abuse prescriptions because the prescriptions are addictive, MJ isn't and the addiction causes ppl do things they wouldn't do unless they were addicted.

The beer I'm going to drink this weekend is far worse than MJ.

I was talking about the physical toll it takes on the human body, abusing prescription drugs is much worse on the body than MJ use is.

Fine; and no doubt you are correct about that. But the greater harm is social and from the use of MJ, on multiple levels emanating out from the individual, his or her family, associates, the crime it induces into communities not able to cope with it, and on and on. You can't buy a bag of dope without incurring risk to innocents associated with you. Potheads are very good at getting by undetected in automobile accidents which they have caused because of their habits. They can't even be open in their interpersonal relationships to any healthy degree.

Agree to disagree, and i've never smoked MJ or abused prescriptions but all the flaws you named I think are even worse in those who abuse prescriptions because the prescriptions are addictive, MJ isn't and the addiction causes ppl do things they wouldn't do unless they were addicted.

The beer I'm going to drink this weekend is far worse than MJ.

truth

here, i'll address it: good for you, i think you're lying. assuming you're not, who0pty-d0o.

yea, real difficult.

"Whoopty do" is as high a level of thought you can come up with? You didn't hurt yourself did you?

yea, real difficult.

"Whoopty do" is as high a level of thought you can come up with? You didn't hurt yourself did you?

It superceded the OP, so it was good for the gander.

I see you have nothing to counter me with other than getting emotional over your defense of Rush, I understand.

Perhaps you don't understand the definition of a strawman argument. They are designed not to have any way to defend them. That's why they are called strawman arguments. the Strawman cannot fight back because the "warrior" made them weak by intention. you misrepresent Rush's position in just such a way that makes it easier for you to criticise him. In order for me to counter your argument I'd have to accept your false premises. I do not. It's a strawman argument.

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the man nothing but gratitude.

i don't quite understand you're love for the neo-conservative wing of the republican party. that is something that ron paul despises.

Perhaps you don't understand the definition of a strawman argument. They are designed not to have any way to defend them. That's why they are called strawman arguments. the Strawman cannot fight back because the "warrior" made them weak by intention. you misrepresent Rush's position in just such a way that makes it easier for you to criticise him. In order for me to counter your argument I'd have to accept your false premises. I do not. It's a strawman argument.

Well that was a bit of an improvement, now expand on that a little bit.

Tell me how I've misrepresented Rush's position. Then we can begin our discussion.

Hey PredFan

You should have cancelled AOL because AOL sucks! Forget loyalty to Rush--- AOL SUCKs!

Should call themselves the Slow and Hated Internet Tyrants.

I'm going to have to disagree. A "buzz" on weed versus a "buzz" on alcohol (buzz meaning, mild / beginning effects) is strangely different.

Plus long term use of alcohol is far worse than long term use of MJ. It's not even close.

I think Rush doesn't drink alcohol.

Why are you posting things like this while pretending to have a problem with straw man arguments?

I've listened to Rush daily since 1992. I don't recall him ever berating drug users. I thought that was probably because he had or did . . .
I do recall him using the phrase " . . long-haired, maggot-infested, dope-smoking . . . " a lot but that's it, but I don't consider that to be bashing them as you are suggesting. It was more a mention of them in passing to make other points.

BTW his drug using was because he had excruciating pain in the lower back which was urepairable with surgery and he must have seen that as a threat to his career and ultimately his livelihood. It's not the same thing as spacing out on dope.

There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up...

...We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/1995)

These tough sentencing laws were instituted for a reason. The American people, including liberals, demanded them. Don't you remember the crack cocaine epidemic? Crack babies and out-of-control murder rates? Liberal judges giving the bad guys slaps on the wrist? Finally we got tough, and the crime rate has been falling ever since, so what's wrong?

--RushLimbaugh.com (8/18/2003)

I want to let you read along with me a quote from Jerry Colangelo about substance abuse, and I think you'll find that he's very much right…"I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of it. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you are making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that."...

What he's saying is that if there's a line of cocaine here, I have to make the choice to go down and sniff it….And his point is that we are rationalizing all this irresponsibility and all the choices people are making and we're blaming not them, but society for it. All these Hollywood celebrities say the reason they're weird and bizarre is because they were abused by their parents. So we're going to pay for that kind of rehab, too, and we shouldn't. It's not our responsibility. It's up to the people who are doing it. And Colangelo is right.

--Rush Limbaugh TV show (9/23/1993)

Source: Fair.org "Limbaugh on Drugs"

And that, my friends is what is known as hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back