I listened to Rush for the first time Wednesday.

Say what you want about Rush Limabugh, but he is owed an incredible amount of gratitude. He is the Father of Conservative Talk Radio. He started it all. Without him, you would still only have the Liberal Media spin on everything. It's certainly no coincidence the Liberals/Democrats hate him so much. Yeah he messes up from time to time, but Conservatives and especially Talk Radio owe quite a bit to the man. We will never have to go back to the one-sided Liberal Media spin. And Rush Limbaugh deserves most of the credit for that.

Rush isn't going anywhere.

You're right because he sells the one thing the rw's want and need a lot of - mindless hate.

Say what you want about Rush Limabugh, but he is owed an incredible amount of gratitude. He is the Father of Conservative Talk Radio. He started it all. Without him, you would still only have the Liberal Media spin on everything. It's certainly no coincidence the Liberals/Democrats hate him so much. Yeah he messes up from time to time, but Conservatives and especially Talk Radio owe quite a bit to the man. We will never have to go back to the one-sided Liberal Media spin. And Rush Limbaugh deserves most of the credit for that.

You're right because he sells the one thing the rw's want and need a lot of - mindless hate.

You dumb Left-Bots love mindless hate. So what's your problem?

What's your excuse for all your mindless hate?

Rush is interesting to listen to because he basically teaches people how to be cynical and narcissistic. He should write a manual.

Very funny line from the op -

I cancelled my AOL membership and told them why.

Anyone who is still with AOL wouldn't cancel their "membership" because he dumped lushbo.

And, "membership"? They really it a membership??

You rw's have a really rough row to hoe, don't you.

I cancelled my membership, and I did it because they dumped Rush. You liberals think that simply because you speak something, it is true.

I never listened to Rush before, if I have the opportunity to listen to the radio all day, which is very rare, I will listen to Boortz from 9am to 1pm, and then I listen to Clark Howard until 3pm when Hannity comes on. That's IF I get to listen for that long.

So, because of this butthurt from the left, and the sponsors pulling out, I wanted to support Rush. Here's my take:

1. There were fewer commercials than I'm used to, that's a good thing.
2. There were still commercials, still sponsors, I don't know if they are new or not.
3. Rush has moved on.
4. He's entertaining (though not as much as Boortz).

I'll listen again. Probably try to support his sponsors, and btw, I cancelled my AOL membership and told them why.

I don't know if you listened to Rush on the day he explained how the sponsorship with his show works. There are sponsors for the affiliates and then sponsors his show directly deals with. He actually did not lose any sponsors. I'm not going to go into the explanation because it was long and frankly I don't remember the whole thing since I was listening to it when I was at work.
That said, even though I agree with some of what Rush says, I find him too full of himself and that's off putting to me. I like to listen to Hannity when I get the chance but usually at that time, I'm at the Health Club.
At any rate, you are correct, Rush has moved on, and without any loss of sponsors.

I didn't hear that, thanks for the info.

I cancelled my AOL membership and told them why.

Anyone who is still with AOL wouldn't cancel their "membership" because he dumped lushbo.

I cancelled my membership, and I did it because they dumped Rush. You liberals think that simply because you speak something, it is true.

I think what he meant to ask you was:

what the fuck is an "aol membership?"

And you buy mindless stupidity from somewhere, where is that anyway?

You sign up for the service and you pay money. They call you a "member", got it?

You sign up for the service and you pay money. They call you a "member", got it?

What service?

Playing games eh? Ok, let's see where you are going with this...

News feed including business, world events, social news, games, e-mail services, web browsing, parental controls, and others.

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the man nothing but gratitude.

Last edited:
Last edited:

You must be honored that the father of your conservative talk radio is a leaking septic tank.

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the many nothing but gratitude.

Since he's so over the top, it's a 2 sided coin.

He's also created this enormous "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media" mentality. So now anytime a republican does or says something stupid (Palin provided many examples of this) they can just blame it on the media.

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the many nothing but gratitude.

Since he's so over the top, it's a 2 sided coin.

He's also created this enormous "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media" mentality. So now anytime a republican does or says something stupid (Palin provided many examples of this) they can just blame it on the media.

He teaches cynacism and narcicism, it's definitely entertaining - but scary when person(s) follow-suit and actually alter their behavior based on it.......like when people call in and mock themselves by gushing in agreement when he's being facetious.

You must be honored that the father of your conservative talk radio is a leaking septic tank.

Wow! your highly intelligent and well thought out arguments are difficult to argue against.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back