I listened to Rush for the first time Wednesday.

So, really, the question is:

Since Rush Limbaugh has such a strong opinion on jail time for drug addicts...

Why isn't he in jail now?

Ok, I'm bored, I'll play.

First, the original post:

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the many nothing but gratitude.

Then your first strawman:

[Since he's so over the top, it's a 2 sided coin.

He's also created this enormous "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media" mentality. So now anytime a republican does or says something stupid (Palin provided many examples of this) they can just blame it on the media.

Prove where he says "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media". Prove that it was Rush that is powering the GOP blief that the media is biased toward the democrats. That is the head and shoulders of your strawman.

What did Palin say that was stupid? You call it stupid but you are biased. You call it styupid because it sets up your argument artificially. that is the arms and legs of your strawman.

I called you on it:

Nice strawman you have there. You have fun beating on it.

You said:

No, it's a reality i have here, but no it's not nice.

Being biased as you are towards republicans, i can understand why you wouldn't see it.

It's like the parent who blames the teacher for their kid failing at science.

I'm not biased toward the GOP, I'm a libertarian, but it suits your 2nd strawman to misrepresent my stand. I support Rush Limbaugh on this issue because of the rediculousness and hypocrisy of the left's criticism. I made that quite clear. your second statement, an analogy, is further building upon the misrepresentation of what Rush has done.

Well that was a bit of an improvement, now expand on that a little bit.

Tell me how I've misrepresented Rush's position. Then we can begin our discussion.

You're welcome.

So, really, the question is:

Since Rush Limbaugh has such a strong opinion on jail time for drug addicts...

Why isn't he in jail now?

And since obviously his word meant nothing in terms of jail time and drug addicts, why should we think he believes anything he's saying over the airwaves is what he actually thinks?

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the many nothing but gratitude.

[Since he's so over the top, it's a 2 sided coin.

He's also created this enormous "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media" mentality. So now anytime a republican does or says something stupid (Palin provided many examples of this) they can just blame it on the media.

Prove where he says "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media". Prove that it was Rush that is powering the GOP blief that the media is biased toward the democrats. That is the head and shoulders of your strawman.

What did Palin say that was stupid? You call it stupid but you are biased. You call it styupid because it sets up your argument artificially. that is the arms and legs of your strawman.

I called you on it:

You said:

No, it's a reality i have here, but no it's not nice.

Being biased as you are towards republicans, i can understand why you wouldn't see it.

It's like the parent who blames the teacher for their kid failing at science.

I'm not biased toward the GOP, I'm a libertarian, but it suits your 2nd strawman to misrepresent my stand. I support Rush Limbaugh on this issue because of the rediculousness and hypocrisy of the left's criticism. I made that quite clear. your second statement, an analogy, is further building upon the misrepresentation of what Rush has done.

Tell me how I've misrepresented Rush's position. Then we can begin our discussion.

You're welcome.

Fair enough, maybe he didn't invent the i'm a republican i'm a victim of the media mindest. Maybe he did, at minimum, he markets that idea round the clock. Once you listen to him more, you'll learn that. I listened to him for years, he usually doesn't go a half hour without doing it.

Hey PredFan

You should have cancelled AOL because AOL sucks! Forget loyalty to Rush--- AOL SUCKs!

Should call themselves the Slow and Hated Internet Tyrants.

The only reason I had not is because i had so many other accounts that i signed up for that required e-mail addys. I used my aol addy on most of them. I was willing to continue the subscription because of the pain in the ass it would be (and now is) trying to go and change all those addresses. I'm sure i forgot some.

I have noticed that my aol addresses still work. I guess they will until the end of March. Probably should call my bank and tell them not to accept any charges from AOL from now on.

I called you on it:

You said:

You're welcome.

Fair enough, maybe he didn't invent the i'm a republican i'm a victim of the media mindest. Maybe he did, at minimum, he markets that idea round the clock. Once you listen to him more, you'll learn that. I listened to him for years, he usually doesn't go a half hour without doing it.

But, I hear that on Hannity, I hear that on Boortz, I hear it on FOX and I read it on this board. It isn't something Rush made up. The Main Stream Media is biased to the left (and to be fair, FOX is biased to the right).

Yeah, all those commercial breaks can really turn a listener off. I haven't listened to him for years. But that doesn't mean i don't think he's a good & smart entertainer. My views have just changed over the years. He was just way too Rah! Rah! Rah! for George Bush's Big Government mess. He lost a lot of credibility in doing that. That being said, this whole thing is a ridiculous Left-concocted scam. Many Left-leaning Media personalities say much worse things about Republican Women. And how often do you see the Left getting so outraged and condemning them? It just doesn't happen. This is just a stupid Left witch hunt. So i wish Rush Limbugh the best of luck.

You wrote"Rah! Rah! Rah! for George Bush's Big Government mess."

PLEASE Explain that to me! And while you are at it explain the following:
A) Dot.com Bust cost $5 trillion in market losses.. YOU EVIDENTLY HAVE NO idea what
that means but in the real world investors/businesses that lost that $5 trillion are every year since 2002 writing off against their tax bill $233 billion NOL!
400,000 jobs lost!
B) A minor event called 9/11 occurred costing another $2 trillion in write offs now after 2003 again those losses added to $233 billion now $266 billion.
LOST TAX REVENUE!!! 500,000 jobs losts.. 18,000 businesses closed!
C) Worst hurricanes in history.. 2003 -2008 $1 trillion losses! Added to $266 billion
now nearly $300 billion a year for next 20+ years against taxpayers income! LOST
TAX REVENUE!

AND of course you are probably totally ignorant of what happened in 1991???
There was a CEASE FIRE! Saddam didn't keep it. So the CEASE FIRE was broken and
continued in 2003...BUT BECAUSE TRAITORS like you and OBAMA WANTED THE USA
to lose in Iraq you and your ilk made comments like these THAT ENCOURAGED the terrorists and DISCOURAGED our troops!

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets --action of Americans
in the treatment of their prisoners.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "War is lost",
U.S. Rep. Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Senator Kerry(D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the
dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Obama(D) .."troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

AS a result the liberation of Iraq OVER in may 2003 was prolonged with 3,000 more deaths because TRAITORS LIKE YOU ENcOURAGED the terrorists and $700 billion more then necessary had to be spent!
ALL because idiots like you evidently
HAVE NO MEMORY! YOU forget dot.com/9/11/hurricanes...
HAVE NO INTEGRITY! YOU CHEERED the terrorists when the killed our troops!

SO again TELL me about "BIG Govt." WHEN HOMELAND SECURITY was being formed and cost another $600 billion because you and wussies were crying about Anthrax attacks, terrorism...etc.!!!!

YOU know you idiot...
If Bush did not have dot.com/9/11/hurricanes..
THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A SURPLUS from Bush to the next president of $156 billion!

BUT AGAIN YOU OBVIOUSLY don't KNOW about the $300 billion+ WRITE OFFS
YOU OBVIOUSLY didn't know nearly 1 million jobs were lost due to dot.com/9/11/hurricanes!

$8 trillion in losses... 1 million lost jobs.. AND NONE of it Bush's fault!

SO tell another LIE About "BIG govt.????

I called you on it:

You said:

You're welcome.

But, I hear that on Hannity, I hear that on Boortz, I hear it on FOX and I read it on this board. It isn't something Rush made up. The Main Stream Media is biased to the left (and to be fair, FOX is biased to the right).

I hear that a lot, i dunno if it's true or not. After 9/11, when our gov't was made up mostly of reps, the media annointed everyone in gov't patriotic heros and how we need to get behind them.

There was little to no questioning or blame assessed to gov't for letting 9/11 happen, it was all "Rah Rah go get those terrorists!"

Plus i dunno who's more left, the rep or dem party.

I hear that a lot, i dunno if it's true or not. After 9/11, when our gov't was made up mostly of reps, the media annointed everyone in gov't patriotic heros and how we need to get behind them.

There was little to no questioning or blame assessed to gov't for letting 9/11 happen, it was all "Rah Rah go get those terrorists!"

Plus i dunno who's more left, the rep or dem party.

I think that the initial shock of the event lasted for several months and we all were swept up in it.

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the man nothing but gratitude.

i don't quite understand you're love for the neo-conservative wing of the republican party. that is something that ron paul despises.

I love it when non-libertarians try to describe what Ron Paul likes and doesn't like. RP despises Neo-Conservatism but that doesn't automatically mean he hates Limbaugh. Being a Libertarian myself, I have witnessed the extreme bias of them MSM against all things conservative and in particular, Ron Paul. RP is not a fan of the media and is a fan of free speech. I would be interested to hear RP's take on this issue.

Forum List

Back