I listened to Rush for the first time Wednesday.

I used to listen to him a lot, i don't like either party but i'm not someone who just needs my opinion repeated back to me. I agreed with him sometimes, didn't other times.

The thing that made me turn the dial was his drug issue. He used to bash users all the time, who knows how many times he was high himself when he was bashing them. What an opportunity he had to help all the americans who, like him, struggle with addiction. Instead one or two soundbites, he swept it under the rug and now of course he never talks about drugs at all.

I don't have to agree with someone, but I can't stand hypocrites.

I've listened to Rush daily since 1992. I don't recall him ever berating drug users. I thought that was probably because he had or did . . .
I do recall him using the phrase " . . long-haired, maggot-infested, dope-smoking . . . " a lot but that's it, but I don't consider that to be bashing them as you are suggesting. It was more a mention of them in passing to make other points.

BTW his drug using was because he had excruciating pain in the lower back which was urepairable with surgery and he must have seen that as a threat to his career and ultimately his livelihood. It's not the same thing as spacing out on dope.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Rush Limabugh, but he is owed an incredible amount of gratitude. He is the Father of Conservative Talk Radio. He started it all. Without him, you would still only have the Liberal Media spin on everything. It's certainly no coincidence the Liberals/Democrats hate him so much. Yeah he messes up from time to time, but Conservatives and especially Talk Radio owe quite a bit to the man. We will never have to go back to the one-sided Liberal Media spin. And Rush Limbaugh deserves most of the credit for that.

You must be honored that the father of your conservative talk radio is a leaking septic tank.

Just pointing out that the man has done a lot of good. He does mess up from time to time, but without him there would be no real effective counterweight to Liberal Media Bias. He single handedly created that counterweight. But obviously you're coming at this from the Left. So i don't expect you to like or respect the man. But for Conservatives, the man was fighting the good fight long before it was fashionable. They owe him everything.

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the many nothing but gratitude.

Since he's so over the top, it's a 2 sided coin.

He's also created this enormous "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media" mentality. So now anytime a republican does or says something stupid (Palin provided many examples of this) they can just blame it on the media.

Nice strawman you have there. You have fun beating on it.

Rush has a bunch of new listeners this week. He has gained popularity cuz you dumb libs pushed it too far and even people who didn't listen to rush now think he got screwed and are throwing him some support.

Limbaugh took on Liberal Media Titans like ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,PBS,and many others when it wasn't fashionable. For a long time he did that all by himself. Without Rush Limbaugh, there would be no counterweight to the massive Liberal Media Bias. So while i do disagree with him on some issues, i have to respect him for his bravery & perseverance. All Conservatives owe the many nothing but gratitude.

He's also created this enormous "I'm a republican, I'm a victim of the media" mentality. So now anytime a republican does or says something stupid (Palin provided many examples of this) they can just blame it on the media.

He teaches cynacism and narcicism, it's definitely entertaining - but scary when person(s) follow-suit and actually alter their behavior based on it.......like when people call in and mock themselves by gushing in agreement when he's being facetious.

Sure, it's scary any time someone does this.

It wasn't free, they charge for it along with the other services.

you got robbed, bruv.

AOL.com - News, Sports, Weather, Entertainment, Local & Lifestyle

Not really, but what does this have to do with the subject?

Well, everything that you listed as coming with membership is right there for free, I don't know what else to call it but a robbery.

What it has to do with the question is that I didn't know people still got "aol" memberships, except for memberships in companies owned by aol. It's news to me.

I used to listen to him a lot, i don't like either party but i'm not someone who just needs my opinion repeated back to me. I agreed with him sometimes, didn't other times.

The thing that made me turn the dial was his drug issue. He used to bash users all the time, who knows how many times he was high himself when he was bashing them. What an opportunity he had to help all the americans who, like him, struggle with addiction. Instead one or two soundbites, he swept it under the rug and now of course he never talks about drugs at all.

I've listened to Rush daily since 1992. I don't recall him ever berating drug users. I thought that was probably because he had or did . . .
I do recall him using the phrase " . . long-haired, maggot-infested, dope-smoking . . . " a lot but that's it, but I don't consider that to be bashing them as you are suggesting. It was more a mention of them in passing to make other points.

BTW his drug using was because he had excruciating pain in the lower back which was urepairable with surgery and he must have seen that as a threat to his career and ultimately his livelihood. It's not the same thing as spacing out on dope.

Rational people know this, even most on the left know this. They will just say anything, no matter how stupid, as long as it means they don't have to think too hard or admit that they are wrong. Typical.

Oh, he's far from perfect. I'm just pointing out that he did create some sort of counterweight to the overwhelming Liberal/Democrat Media Bias. He brought about at least some balance where there was none before. It's always better to get all the spin. And in the past we only got Liberal/Democrat spin. So like all human beings, he has some positive attributes along with some negative attributes. But Conservative Media owes just about everything to the man.

Rush has a bunch of new listeners this week. He has gained popularity cuz you dumb libs pushed it too far and even people who didn't listen to rush now think he got screwed and are throwing him some support.

That would be me.

I don't know how long I'll listen, I do like to hear Clark Howard.

There's never any shortage of people who would love to be told what to think.

Dittoheads grow like weeds.

And nothing... NOTHING better to fertilize them than the great fertilizer himself.

Well, everything that you listed as coming with membership is right there for free, I don't know what else to call it but a robbery.

What it has to do with the question is that I didn't know people still got "aol" memberships, except for memberships in companies owned by aol. It's news to me.

I didn't just get the membership, I've had it since 1993. The question wasn't "Do people still get AOL memberships" it wasn not a question at all, it was about Rush and my impression of his show. Total fail there pal.

I didn't just get the membership, I've had it since 1993. The question wasn't "Do people still get AOL memberships" it wasn not a question at all, it was about Rush and my impression of his show. Total fail there pal.

I took a subject out of the OP (your aol membership) and discussed it. Sue me, but I don't believe your story.

The exact line you used, and the fact that you can still recall it, shows him bashing drug users.

With most drug use it's about ppl prone to addiction, Rush being one of them. Most ppl in their lifetime are prescribed the same or similar drugs to what he took, it's just a matter of who gets addicted or not.

And his drug use is far more damaging than someone who smokes MJ.

Nice strawman you have there. You have fun beating on it.

No, it's a reality i have here, but no it's not nice.

Being biased as you are towards republicans, i can understand why you wouldn't see it.

It's like the parent who blames the teacher for their kid failing at science.

And his drug use is far more damaging than someone who smokes MJ.

How so?

I was talking about the physical toll it takes on the human body, abusing prescription drugs is much worse on the body than MJ use is.

Fine; and no doubt you are correct about that. But the greater harm is social and from the use of MJ, on multiple levels emanating out from the individual, his or her family, associates, the crime it induces into communities not able to cope with it, and on and on. You can't buy a bag of dope without incurring risk to innocents associated with you. Potheads are very good at getting by undetected in automobile accidents which they have caused because of their habits. They can't even be open in their interpersonal relationships to any healthy degree.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back