I Like Guns

I would say that school shootings by students themselves are the result of poor or non-existant parenting by stewing rabbits that shouldn't procreate in the first place.

.....out of the mouths of right-wing Trailer Trash.

I would say that school shootings by students themselves are the result of poor or non-existant parenting by stewing rabbits that shouldn't procreate in the first place.

.....out of the mouths of right-wing Trailer Trash.

Some people would really benefit by having a 45-70 government model shoved up their ass and the trigger pulled.
You are one of those people.

there was a time when school children were taught shooting in schools and summer camps. Children learned how to use guns properly, taught respect and what guns could do. kids with knowledge about guns are not the problem just like with adults, it is the untrained and illegal people who use guns illegally that are the problem. Just like with the problem with terrorism go after the problem not harrass the people who are not the problem. we all know who is the problem is. Leave us LEGA GUNOWNERS ALONE!!!!

Charging $2 for every bullet will not prevent any crime at all. Do you think having a $2 fine in addition to the regular sentence would help deter murder? The cost of ammo has increased a great deal over the last 2 years, gun crimes have not decreased.

You are absolutely right, Screaming Eagle.

To reduce gun violence, one must reduce gun ownership.

There is no other alternative.

At least not one for people who care about civil rights.

Charging $2 for every bullet will not prevent any crime at all. Do you think having a $2 fine in addition to the regular sentence would help deter murder? The cost of ammo has increased a great deal over the last 2 years, gun crimes have not decreased.

Why? Gun ownership among law abiding people does not account for gun violence. Gun ownership among criminals is already illegal.
SO what is your solution??

My solution is to allow hunters and legitimate gun owners to own, buy and keep the guns they need to pursue their work or hobbies as they see fit.

If you want to hunt, by all means hunt. If you're a farmer, by all means keep a gun around if you need one on the farm.

But one needs a 9mm weapon or an automatic weapon for hunting. Guns that are used only for killing American people have no place in American homes.

My solution is to allow hunters and legitimate gun owners to own, buy and keep the guns they need to pursue their work or hobbies as they see fit.

If you want to hunt, by all means hunt. If you're a farmer, by all means keep a gun around if you need one on the farm.

But one needs a 9mm weapon or an automatic weapon for hunting. Guns that are used only for killing American people have no place in American homes.

I own about 20 guns of all descriptions. I do no hunting, never have. My guns are for killing Americans. Specifically Americans that try to do myself or my family harm.
They are tools, nothing more. Criminalizing a tool makes little sense, especially when it will only affect the law abiding. Of all the gun control schemes tried in this country over the last 40 years not a single one, except shall-issue carry permits--has been shown to reduce crime.

Rabbi -

Your guns have only one real, provable, calculable outcome - they increase the likelihood that a member of your family will die of gunshot wound.

Fact.

Our second amendment rights are not about hunting, it is about defending ourselves from government. Gun ownership reduces crime. You can't keep guns out of the hands of criminals, to take them away from law abiding citizens is to give the criminals free reign.

which means the killers have the guns :eusa_whistle:

Fully automatic assault weapons, 9mm hand guns, all must be made available to the
citizenry of America.
"The maintinence of a peoples militia must not be infringed upon by anyone"
You can not ban any form of personal weaponry, its unconstitutional!.:eek:

Guns must be in all American Homes! to prevent Governmental tyranny from within America, and from external
threats!

Last edited:
Rabbi -

Your guns have only one real, provable, calculable outcome - they increase the likelihood that a member of your family will die of gunshot wound.

Fact.

COmpletely bogus and already addressed in a different thread. I have maintained a firearm in my home for almost 30 years. Not a single person has been hurt with it. Of the people I know with firearms, and that's over a hundred, the story is similar. Not a single person has been hurt with them.
I'd suggest getting acquainted with the facts before posting stupid nonsense like this.

Rabbi -

You have opinions.

I have numbers.

# Higher household gun ownership correlates with higher rates of homicides, suicides, and unintentional shootings (Harvard Injury Control Center).

#Gun death rates are 7 times higher in the states with the highest compared with the lowest household gun ownership. (Harvard Injury Control Research Center, 2009).

Or let me guess - joethegunman.com has "rebutted" Harvard as well! :razz:

Rabbi -

You have opinions.

I have numbers.

# Higher household gun ownership correlates with higher rates of homicides, suicides, and unintentional shootings (Harvard Injury Control Center).

#Gun death rates are 7 times higher in the states with the highest compared with the lowest household gun ownership. (Harvard Injury Control Research Center, 2009).

Or let me guess - joethegunman.com has "rebutted" Harvard as well! :razz:
You have no numbers. You only have opinions. Wrong opinions, as it turns out. Your studies have been shown to use faulty methodology. THey are thoroughly debunked. Your credibility is taking a hit by continuing to insist they are authoritative. They are not. Nor could you explain how having a gun makes one more likely to die from a homicide in a way that passes the laugh test.

At this stage I have not seen anything presented which would lead me to believe the Harvard Injury Control Centre - or the other dozen studies which came to similar conclusions - have got it wrong in any way at all.

By all means present an authorative, peer-reviewed case - your opinions I am less interested in.

At this stage I have not seen anything presented which would lead me to believe the Harvard Injury Control Centre - or the other dozen studies which came to similar conclusions - have got it wrong in any way at all.

By all means present an authorative, peer-reviewed case - your opinions I am less interested in.

If by this stage you have not seen anything then you are not going to see anything. You will see what you want.
Carl Gustav Mannheim is rolling in his grave.

Forum List

Back