I just got here so lets get this barn dance started!

My name is Marilu and I'm lookin to learn a bit about politics. Not much I know yet just that the liberal ones are the gays and the conservative ones don't like it when the government starts stickin its nose in everything.

Welcome! :)

My name is Marilu and I'm lookin to learn a bit about politics. Not much I know yet just that the liberal ones are the gays and the conservative ones don't like it when the government starts stickin its nose in everything.

Welcome, you sound just like all the other right wingers on here so you will fit in well.

I thought northern Wi was pretty flat?

Welcome, you sound just like all the other right wingers on here so you will fit in well.

I thought northern Wi was pretty flat?

It is if you don't count out all the hills.

My name is Marilu and I'm lookin to learn a bit about polotics. Not much I know yet just that the liberal ones are the gays and the conservative ones don't like it when the government starts stickin its nose in everything.

This reminds me of that scene in Jurrasic park where the T-Rex chomps on the goat. Don't be a goat. Educate yourself and don't take what you see here at face value. There's more people here who suffer from confirmation bias than there are chimps with AIDS in all of Africa. And that's an internet fact. :thup:

You sound very smart! What part of the politics are on?

The part that doesn't like Marlboro cigarettes and Hamms beer.

My name is Marilu and I'm lookin to learn a bit about polotics. Not much I know yet just that the liberal ones are the gays and the conservative ones don't like it when the government starts stickin its nose in everything.

Well I think you might have it backwards! Seems to me that more conservative republicans have been outed for being in compromisingly gay positions than liberals.
Now for the second half of your misstatement. It is the conservative ones who want more power -- power to step on our rights and to shove their ideas of what constitutes an ideal society down our throats. In their ideal society no workers would have collective bargaining rights. Abortions would be highly illegal. Pot would remain highly illegal because smoking it is indicative of a counterculture mentallity. In their ideal society public schools would inculcate our kids with their brand of religion and morality. The Patriot act would be broadened giving the government forever increasing "rights" to spy on the public (for public safety), regardless of its constitutionality. Censorship would run rampant (they don't like ideas that compete with theirs, and they hate sexual openess because it is seen as degrading their ideas of morality. Any higher level discussions and concepts that they don't understand or agree with would be discouraged by making fun of them and labeling them as the rantings of "intellectuals" -- and we all know how threatening any intellectual concepts are to red state right wing conservatives.
You see, conservatives are exactly that -- they conserve the past, ie. old ways of thinking, believing, behaving.
Sorry this is so long -- but misinformation and misstatements about conservatives/liberals inflame me because those are the tactics conservatives always use to devalue anything they disagree with.

POTATO.jpg

This reminds me of that scene in Jurrasic park where the T-Rex chomps on the goat. Don't be a goat. Educate yourself and don't take what you see here at face value. There's more people here who suffer from confirmation bias than there are chimps with AIDS in all of Africa. And that's an internet fact. :thup:

Well, I know that liberals don't like smokers unless they're smoking gateway drugs that lead to heroin use that leads to thinking they can fly and the murder children. I'm just not sure if they're beer drinkers or not.

In their ideal society no workers would have collective bargaining rights.

Workers have the right to go home with a pay check at the end of the week.

Abortions would be highly illegal.

Murder is suppose to be illegal.

Pot would remain highly illegal because smoking it is indicative of a counterculture mentallity.

and it makes people stupid and leaves you wanting try harder drugs that make you want to rape and kill little old ladys and puppy dogs.

In their ideal society public schools would inculcate our kids with their brand of religion and morality.

This country started going to shit when religion and morality left American schools... mid 60's shall we say.

Last edited:
I speek hillbillee......

Ware yew frum?
Why ya call yerself a hillbilly?

:welcome:

I live in northern Wisconsin near Canada. I'm one of those great white north hillbillys.
I have an atlas around here somewhere, which shows a big lake that keeps any part of Wisconsin from being near Canada.
dc9bbr.jpg

Definition of NEAR
1: at, within, or to a short distance or time <sunset was drawing near>
2: almost, nearly <was near dead>
3: in a close or intimate manner : closely <near related>

Examples of NEAR
1. Wisconsin is near Canada.
2. <as the campers grew cold, so they gravitated nearer to the campfire>

I am with you.

Abortions would be highly illegal.

Pot would remain highly illegal because smoking it is indicative of a counterculture mentallity.

and it makes people stupid and leaves you wanting try harder drugs that make you want to rape and kill little old ladys and puppy dogs.

In their ideal society public schools would inculcate our kids with their brand of religion and morality.

This country started going to shit when religion and morality left American schools... mid 60's shall we say.

Hi, Hillbilly Girl. I cannot help but think, reading from your posts, that despite the rural "speaking voice" of your written conversational style, down-home retro avatar and seeming innocence about politics, that you are a lot more educated on social and political issues than you appear to pretend. I like it. Welcome.

Hi, Hillbilly Girl. I cannot help but think, reading from your posts, that despite the rural "speaking voice" of your written conversational style, down-home retro avatar and seeming innocence about politics, that you are a lot more educated on social and political issues than you appear to pretend. I like it. Welcome.

It's really just common sense. It's not hard to sound smart when your talking to a liberal.

Forum List

Back