I just don't get soccer.

Soccer is superior to most other sports. First off, in EPL (English Premier League) at least, there is no instant replay. So when there is a 90 minute match, the match lasts about 90-100 minutes. Half time is about 15 minutes so you invest 2 hours tops. No time outs, stoppage time is about 5 minutes per half (hence the 100 mins). Seldom are there crowds who are more invested in their teams. When they lose, the fans always look like they have just seen a tragedy and have a look on their faces that says, "If I had only cheered more....we wouldn't have lost."

The most outlandish knock on soccer is the scoring. If they gave 7 points for a goal, the score would be 14-7 or 14-0 or 7-7 or 21-14 or something like that. Would that make the game "more exciting"? No? Well, when you get 6 points in American football for pushing the ball across a line, fans go crazy!!!! Well, if you only got one point for that; would it make the game "less exciting" No. So it's a push. But American football lets it's teams get partial credit when they are unable to move the ball and attempt a field goal or extra point; essentially rewarding failure.

As for the skill level involved...please attempt to--using only your feet--keep the ball close enough to where a defender cannot get it but still try to advance it 150 yards down the field, propel it across the field to a team mate who has to stop it not using her hands or arms.... Very hard. At it's highest levels, soccer is the most exciting of all team sports.

Soccer is superior to most other sports. First off, in EPL (English Premier League) at least, there is no instant replay. So when there is a 90 minute match, the match lasts about 90-100 minutes. Half time is about 15 minutes so you invest 2 hours tops. No time outs, stoppage time is about 5 minutes per half (hence the 100 mins). Seldom are there crowds who are more invested in their teams. When they lose, the fans always look like they have just seen a tragedy and have a look on their faces that says, "If I had only cheered more....we wouldn't have lost."

The most outlandish knock on soccer is the scoring. If they gave 7 points for a goal, the score would be 14-7 or 14-0 or 7-7 or 21-14 or something like that. Would that make the game "more exciting"? No? Well, when you get 6 points in American football for pushing the ball across a line, fans go crazy!!!! Well, if you only got one point for that; would it make the game "less exciting" No. So it's a push. But American football lets it's teams get partial credit when they are unable to move the ball and attempt a field goal or extra point; essentially rewarding failure.

As for the skill level involved...please attempt to--using only your feet--keep the ball close enough to where a defender cannot get it but still try to advance it 150 yards down the field, propel it across the field to a team mate who has to stop it not using her hands or arms.... Very hard. At it's highest levels, soccer is the most exciting of all team sports.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

It feels like kickball for retarded adults.
They fall down and act like pansies at the slightest hint of a fowl. They play for hours and only score one or two times.

BORING
Try watching Rugby.
It makes football look like a game for fairies.
Australian rules football ain’t too shabby on the pain scale either. Some real lunatics enjoy it immensely.

They fall down and act like pansies at the slightest hint of a fowl. They play for hours and only score one or two times.

BORING
Try watching Rugby.
It makes football look like a game for fairies.
Australian rules football ain’t too shabby on the pain scale either. Some real lunatics enjoy it immensely.
My co-worker from Columbia watches it; it makes me wince.

"her hands" enough said.

Soccer is the longest and most boring sport ever invented.

Thankfully, only elementary kids play soccer. Then when older and are in high school, they start playing "real" adult sports like baseball, football, and basketball. ... :cool:

Soccer is a real sport. Truly a global game that all people's on earth can play regardless of income, or financial means. Two time County Champion myself back in High School. That said Pro Soccer is filled with Prima Donas, and poseurs. As for the questionable fouls that come seemingly out of nowhere...

Last edited:

"her hands" enough said.

You can say that again….pointing it out says it all.

.....but baseball...

just don't get or like :dunno:
Baseball is fun but basketball... like a bunch of ants running back and forth trying to toss the piece of leaf in the anthill
The game is totally homo. when the guy scores he runs and leaps into the arms of another man.
Nothing male about that horse shit.

Whatta ya want him to do Pinky? Go boink a cheerleader?

Go watch a baseball game where one guy gets the "walk-off" hit and tell me they're not doing the same thing.

.....but baseball...

just don't get or like :dunno:
Baseball is fun but basketball... like a bunch of ants running back and forth trying to toss the piece of leaf in the anthill
The game is totally homo. when the guy scores he runs and leaps into the arms of another man.
Nothing male about that horse shit.

Whatta ya want him to do Pinky? Go boink a cheerleader?

Go watch a baseball game where one guy gets the "walk-off" hit and tell me they're not doing the same thing.
Jesus! Next thing you know they’ll be pattin’ one another on the ass!

BORING

What they need to do is make the field smaller....make it like hockey but with feet and a ball, on grass.....that would be more interesting....

What they need to do is make the field smaller....make it like hockey but with feet and a ball, on grass.....that would be more interesting....
I have been thinking the exact same thing for years.

Make the field half size or even smaller. That would concentrate the player interaction, resulting in more goals, and more excitement for the fans. ... :cool:

Land mines. Mine the field, then when they take a dive it is for legitimate reasons, plus it adds to the suspense, drama, and entertainment. Claymores instead of yellow cards.

Land mines. Mine the field, then when they take a dive it is for legitimate reasons, plus it adds to the suspense, drama, and entertainment. Claymores instead of yellow cards.

Nah do like a video game I used to play back in the day. There was this robot football game, and when a team was on offense there was a timer to score, and when the timer ran out if you were in the middle of the play, the ball would blow up and destroy that player.

Just make the soccer ball into a timed bomb. Of course that might make the games unfair... giving advantages to teams in the Middle East. :blowup:

I have been thinking the exact same thing for years.

Make the field half size or even smaller. That would concentrate the player interaction, resulting in more goals, and more excitement for the fans. ... :cool:

Whenever I see soccer on television 1 or 2 guys are interacting with the ball, the others are just standing around waiting for the ball to head to their area of the field...I do not understand the passion for this waiting around game...

Forum List

Back