I hope this is a joke, Marines ban Audible Farting

In basic they would have us sit on the floor during most meetings we had. Some trainees thought it was funny to loudly fart while the TI was talking. When this happened the TI would make them put their nose on the spot where they farted and sniff it for minute or two. After the meeting was over they would have to clean and wax the spot, sometimes the whole floor.

You would think after seeing someone have to do that once you wouldn't want any part of if but it happened damn near every meeting.

In basic they would have us sit on the floor during most meetings we had. Some trainees thought it was funny to loudly fart while the TI was talking. When this happened the TI would make them put their nose on the spot where they farted and sniff it for minute or two. After the meeting was over they would have to clean and wax the spot, sometimes the whole floor.

You would think after seeing someone have to do that once you wouldn't want any part of if but it happened damn near every meeting.
I think that was one advantage of staying in the empire a little longer, discipline and good manners. :eusa_eh:

Are you denying his claim or are you just pissed that he's telling the truth?

I am denying his claim. While the Air Wing are the least of the Marines they are still Marines. The Navy is full of his kind. SO jealous of their betters they make shit up.

I've spent enough time around Marines to know that the behavior being described in this thread is quite common.

Not true. Hazing went out by the early 1980's. If you did any such thing it was instant office Hours. And if they did the grease thing that would have been a Courts Martial. Hell you couldn't even tack on strips anymore.

As for Homophobes that too would not be tolerated. The Marine Corps made it quite clear what bigotry would get you.

I am denying his claim. While the Air Wing are the least of the Marines they are still Marines. The Navy is full of his kind. SO jealous of their betters they make shit up.

I've spent enough time around Marines to know that the behavior being described in this thread is quite common.

Not true. Hazing went out by the early 1980's. If you did any such thing it was instant office Hours. And if they did the grease thing that would have been a Courts Martial. Hell you couldn't even tack on strips anymore.

As for Homophobes that too would not be tolerated. The Marine Corps made it quite clear what bigotry would get you.

You trying to tell me what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears is not true......

You trying to tell me what I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears is not true......

Unless it was after 1995 when I was out I am telling you hazing was a BIG ASS NO GO. NO Officer would risk his career to cover for the troops and no SNCO would either. And we are talking career ending events. Office Hours were given just for tacking on strips, a time honored tradition in the Corps.

A video surfaced of a Recon Airborne hazing when I was in. The Corps went all out to identify the people and prosecute them.

If you saw hazing after about 1982 and before all the wars you saw a major lack of leadership. At all levels of the unit. And they always get caught, all it takes is one person to rat them out.

Now with all the wars I imagine the Corps isn't to hot on busting their troops for petty shit. So reasonable hazing is probably back in vogue.

My unit used to tie half naked newbies to a swivel chair light them up with fire works and have horse races. I made it clear as a corporal that I would not tolerate that and it stopped.

Unless it was after 1995 when I was out I am telling you hazing was a BIG ASS NO GO. NO Officer would risk his career to cover for the troops and no SNCO would either. And we are talking career ending events. Office Hours were given just for tacking on strips, a time honored tradition in the Corps.

A video surfaced of a Recon Airborne hazing when I was in. The Corps went all out to identify the people and prosecute them.

If you saw hazing after about 1982 and before all the wars you saw a major lack of leadership. At all levels of the unit. And they always get caught, all it takes is one person to rat them out.

Now with all the wars I imagine the Corps isn't to hot on busting their troops for petty shit. So reasonable hazing is probably back in vogue.

My unit used to tie half naked newbies to a swivel chair light them up with fire works and have horse races. I made it clear as a corporal that I would not tolerate that and it stopped.

I'm sure you spoke out against shit like this when you were still active duty. It fits your personality and you were right to do so.

However, I have witnessed with my own two eyes Marines walk up to one another and crack a fart in each other's faces. I've seen them eff with each other's drinks or gear left unattended. I've seen them haze the smallest guys in their unit. I've heard Marines call each other every homophobic slur in the book. I've seen them dry hump each other. No joke.

Now granted that this occurs in every branch (for example a shop at my old base had "hump day" on wednesday where the troops would hump random objects and even each other thinking it was funny) but from my observation it happens the most and is the most extreme in the Marines.

Fuck the sensitivities of the locals! Better an empty flat than a bad tenant...and that's a fact!

Its this adminstration's wayof letting the military know its new groundrules for America.
"Let the Islamofascist and the alien win!"

So what they're saying is: Please do not pass gas, it offends these people. The same people that do not educate anyone, view and treat their women and girls as property with less value than farm animals, wipes their asses with their hands, have sex with animals, and believe in a fairy tale man who says it's ok to burn the noses off the face of a women who was raped? We don't want to offend them?

monty_python_fart_in_your_general_d.jpg

“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Hazing happens. Happened when I was in but I only heard about it. I was not hazed and I would never haze anyone either. Anyone who hazes is a coward-plain and simple fact. Hazing still happens. It happens in college dorms, military, police and fire department, etc. Get over it you pussies.

Jesus Christ Gunny, you sound like you have some sand in your Vagina.

Last edited:
Another successful military strategy in the Middle East is born....

Does this mean we will have a 100% female presence in Afghanistan? lol

So they can burn our flag with us watching, but we cant pass gas in their presence.

They can INTENTIONALLY insult us but we cant do something that may unintentionally insult them.

Yep....we are becoming a second class nation....we are becoming subordinate to Afganisatn.

Sounds good for America.

So they can burn our flag with us watching, but we cant pass gas in their presence.

They can INTENTIONALLY insult us but we cant do something that may unintentionally insult them.

Yep....we are becoming a second class nation....we are becoming subordinate to Afganisatn.

Sounds good for America.

So you think a better strategy is to be a bigger asshole than they are?

Doesn't sound like effective nation building to me.

Sounds good for America.

So you think a better strategy is to be a bigger asshole than they are?

Doesn't sound like effective nation building to me.

Excuse me?

I said it is OK to burn their flags?

Releasing gas which is a natural bodily function is being a bigger asshole than someone taking the flag of another nation, dousing it in gasoline and lighting it on fire?

Wow...you just want to be adversarial.

Forum List

Back