I like this gun.....old school with a modern look....but just because it's black doesn't make it a military rifle, though it is.

I would not mind a tactical stock set for one of my .45-70s but it is straight wristed and I can't find one but for the pistol grip frames.

Of course I could change out the lever and lower frame extension but the view would not be worth the climb to me due to the cost of the parts.

Funny how Mossberg was ahead of the curb.....Remember how everyone laughed?

R.c36ef138dc7337a4f339e3d5d1da79c8
To be honest, I think that looks butt ugly.

Yeah, I am an old fogey, but it just doesn't look good. It's like a race car, or an airplane. If they look good at zero, they will probably do good when they are at speed.

I follow the same philosophy for guns. This just looks like a bunch of parts grafted together.

To be honest, I think that looks butt ugly.

Yeah, I am an old fogey, but it just doesn't look good. It's like a race car, or an airplane. If they look good at zero, they will probably do good when they are at speed.

I follow the same philosophy for guns. This just looks like a bunch of parts grafted together.
LOL....What with the number of traditional L/As I own something different but functional would be a welcome change. ;)

That and I really like the idea of a side-mounted QD sling system for a L/A.....Unless the studs are already there I usually don't mess with a sling for a L/A because they are often in the way.

I envision what the furniture of the Ruger would look like on my late 70s era Marlin 20" .45-70 and I think I'd be OK with it. I just don't want to mess with the parts swap necessary to get there before you even start to spend money on the stock set.

To each their own, I don’t find it appealing. I would file this under just because you can doesn’t mean you should. To me it looks like something you would own if you lost a fantasy football league. I would most likely joke any of my friends who showed up with it. I prefer the sexiness of a wood stock over what looks like a glorified super soaker or nerf gun

LOL....What with the number of traditional L/As I own something different but functional would be a welcome change. ;)

That and I really like the idea of a side-mounted QD sling system for a L/A.....Unless the studs are already there I usually don't mess with a sling for a L/A because they are often in the way.

I envision what the furniture of the Ruger would look like on my late 70s era Marlin 20" .45-70 and I think I'd be OK with it. I just don't want to mess with the parts swap necessary to get there before you even start to spend money on the stock set.
I prefer the saddle ring for the L/A. Simple loop sling and you are good to go. Makes for a good temp rest too for long range off hand shooting.

I don't know, not authentic enough to be a replica but with a punishing 45/70 recoil with big chunks of lead using modern smokeless ammo. What's the point?

Forum List

Back