I have come to the conclusion...

Screwing with Medicare and SS in order to save the rich 4% will do for you morons!:lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::eusa_angel:

From the Australian-(whose min.wage is $15- ya feggin' corporate tools)...

Here in the lucky country we face a hung parliament with all of its uncertainties, long-running debates about carbon tax and refugees, and yet we are still governable. Here the system still works: in the US it is broken and defies repair and maintenance.

For those wondering what has gone so wrong in the US, try some of these worries on for size. First, the gun culture. It does not seem to matter how many mini-massacres occur, how many out and out nutters get their hands on multiple weapons, Americans clearly regard the right to bear arms as far more important than the right of the totally innocent not to be shot.

If you are in America, don't go down to the woods today, you may be in for a big surprise. There you'll find tens of thousands of ordinary citizens, armed to the teeth with automatic and semi-automatic machine guns, rifles and pistols, dressed in combat fatigues and training to become the sort of warriors who can repel an invading force. But not just any invading force not the yellow peril or the evil Russian reds: no, they drill to repel their own government. These militias are many, their members mad and their purpose truly scary.

Then there is a new phenomenon: the Tea Party. Loosely tied to the Republicans, they are America's new cargo cultists. You don't need a PhD in economics to know that you can't eliminate a $US14 trillion deficit by spending cuts alone. They oppose tax increases of any kind, even if they apply only to the richest individuals or corporations.

Obama used a couple of examples in his address to the nation this week that pretty well show how illogical is this new force really is. Apparently they won't allow tax breaks on corporate jets to be reduced or abolished and they won't agree to legislation that would make it impossible for hedge fund managers to pay lower tax rates than their secretaries. It just beggars belief.

What is even worse is that this lunatic rump seems to have mainstream Republicans either mesmerised or bluffed. This week they rolled House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner. His plan for spending cuts just wasn't tough enough for the Tea Party. They have demanded tougher spending cuts and Boehner has bent to their will. He is producing yet another plan to appease them and yet another plan for Obama to veto.

That America is even having this debate is remarkable in itself. The debt ceiling has been raised hundreds of times without any objection. Ronald Reagan and the two George Bushes did it regularly without any fun and games from the legislature. What's more, raising the debt ceiling is not about curbing future spending, it is merely necessary to pay for expenditure already approved.

Even a few weeks ago virtually every economist or business commentator fearlessly predicted that it would all be sorted out well before the deadline was reached. Those predictions are now looking very shaky indeed. Even if a five-minutes to midnight compromise is reached it may not be enough to save America's triple-A rating.

Such a thing has really never before been contemplated and nobody really knows what the flow-on effects will be for the rest of the world. Australia won't escape those consequences. In a world where economic activity is stalled, this will be another huge blow for consumer confidence. Too many people are rightly frightened of a second global financial crisis. (There are those who think of course that the first GFC never ended and that we are now suffering because the bad debts of the banks simply became extra noughts on the sovereign debts of world governments.)

This is all being played out with an eye on the presidential and congressional elections to be held in November next year. I sincerely hope that there are enough Americans who are sane enough, smart enough and active enough to vote Obama back into power. I hope they reject the Tea Party Luddites for all our sakes. I hope they remember that it was the Republican president George W. Bush who started two incredibly expensive wars at the same time as announcing big tax cuts for the rich. Of course they say you live in hope and die in despair.

Finally, there are two great ironies. If you remember the movie 55 Days at Peking you will get the first. Remember how Charlton Heston and David Niven held off the yellow hordes besieging them until international forces crushed the Boxer rebellion? Ponder the fact that China now holds more than $US1 trillion of US debt.

Even worse, after 50 years of rivalry, after too many billions to count, American astronauts will now have to hitch a ride on a Russian craft to get into space. How the mighty have fallen.

Graham Richardson is political commentator for the Seven Network and hosts Richo on Sky News at 8pm on Wednesdays.

Screwing with Medicare and SS in order to save the rich 4% will do for you morons!:lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::eusa_angel:

From the Australian-(whose min.wage is $15- ya feggin' corporate tools)...

Here in the lucky country we face a hung parliament with all of its uncertainties, long-running debates about carbon tax and refugees, and yet we are still governable. Here the system still works: in the US it is broken and defies repair and maintenance.

For those wondering what has gone so wrong in the US, try some of these worries on for size. First, the gun culture. It does not seem to matter how many mini-massacres occur, how many out and out nutters get their hands on multiple weapons, Americans clearly regard the right to bear arms as far more important than the right of the totally innocent not to be shot.

If you are in America, don't go down to the woods today, you may be in for a big surprise. There you'll find tens of thousands of ordinary citizens, armed to the teeth with automatic and semi-automatic machine guns, rifles and pistols, dressed in combat fatigues and training to become the sort of warriors who can repel an invading force. But not just any invading force not the yellow peril or the evil Russian reds: no, they drill to repel their own government. These militias are many, their members mad and their purpose truly scary.

Then there is a new phenomenon: the Tea Party. Loosely tied to the Republicans, they are America's new cargo cultists. You don't need a PhD in economics to know that you can't eliminate a $US14 trillion deficit by spending cuts alone. They oppose tax increases of any kind, even if they apply only to the richest individuals or corporations.

Obama used a couple of examples in his address to the nation this week that pretty well show how illogical is this new force really is. Apparently they won't allow tax breaks on corporate jets to be reduced or abolished and they won't agree to legislation that would make it impossible for hedge fund managers to pay lower tax rates than their secretaries. It just beggars belief.

What is even worse is that this lunatic rump seems to have mainstream Republicans either mesmerised or bluffed. This week they rolled House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner. His plan for spending cuts just wasn't tough enough for the Tea Party. They have demanded tougher spending cuts and Boehner has bent to their will. He is producing yet another plan to appease them and yet another plan for Obama to veto.

That America is even having this debate is remarkable in itself. The debt ceiling has been raised hundreds of times without any objection. Ronald Reagan and the two George Bushes did it regularly without any fun and games from the legislature. What's more, raising the debt ceiling is not about curbing future spending, it is merely necessary to pay for expenditure already approved.

Even a few weeks ago virtually every economist or business commentator fearlessly predicted that it would all be sorted out well before the deadline was reached. Those predictions are now looking very shaky indeed. Even if a five-minutes to midnight compromise is reached it may not be enough to save America's triple-A rating.

Such a thing has really never before been contemplated and nobody really knows what the flow-on effects will be for the rest of the world. Australia won't escape those consequences. In a world where economic activity is stalled, this will be another huge blow for consumer confidence. Too many people are rightly frightened of a second global financial crisis. (There are those who think of course that the first GFC never ended and that we are now suffering because the bad debts of the banks simply became extra noughts on the sovereign debts of world governments.)

This is all being played out with an eye on the presidential and congressional elections to be held in November next year. I sincerely hope that there are enough Americans who are sane enough, smart enough and active enough to vote Obama back into power. I hope they reject the Tea Party Luddites for all our sakes. I hope they remember that it was the Republican president George W. Bush who started two incredibly expensive wars at the same time as announcing big tax cuts for the rich. Of course they say you live in hope and die in despair.

Finally, there are two great ironies. If you remember the movie 55 Days at Peking you will get the first. Remember how Charlton Heston and David Niven held off the yellow hordes besieging them until international forces crushed the Boxer rebellion? Ponder the fact that China now holds more than $US1 trillion of US debt.

Even worse, after 50 years of rivalry, after too many billions to count, American astronauts will now have to hitch a ride on a Russian craft to get into space. How the mighty have fallen.

Graham Richardson is political commentator for the Seven Network and hosts Richo on Sky News at 8pm on Wednesdays.

I remember now why I had you on ignore..................

that Republicans hate the fact that people receive welfare SO MUCH that they are willing to cripple our country in revenge.

Personally I can't speak for Republicans. I know I don't hate people getting welfare. What I hate is the amount of Waste and Abuse of the system, and the unsustainable Debt the Programs have us facing.

I do not want to do away with them, I want to see them cleaned up, and put on a sustainable Track.

That's all.

Do you have any definitive proof of waste and abuse of the system? Could it be just rhetorical nonsense?

If you DO have any proof of waste and abuse, please present it to your state attorney general.

You have got to fucking be kidding me? lol Open your fucking eyes idiot.

I could put many Links in here, But here is just one.

http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2010/06/t20100615c.html

Last edited:
that Republicans hate the fact that people receive welfare SO MUCH that they are willing to cripple our country in revenge.

Most Americans, not just Republicans are sick and tired of this stupid rhetoric Ravi, you really think this is just about Welfare? No wonder there is no compromise, no wonder Obama couldn't lead a Army of Ants to a mountain of Sugar....

Our current POTUS will wear this failure, make no mistake about it, no one, repeat, NO ONE, not even his own party will cover his dumb ass on this....
Yes, I do think it is about welfare. And nothing anyone has posted has done anything to change that view.

As for Obama getting blamed, of course he will be blamed. But that doesn't mean what I've said isn't true.

Personally I can't speak for Republicans. I know I don't hate people getting welfare. What I hate is the amount of Waste and Abuse of the system, and the unsustainable Debt the Programs have us facing.

I do not want to do away with them, I want to see them cleaned up, and put on a sustainable Track.

That's all.

Do you have any definitive proof of waste and abuse of the system? Could it be just rhetorical nonsense?

If you DO have any proof of waste and abuse, please present it to your state attorney general.

I've served in the military and worked in the government for over 25 years.

Anyone who doesn't think there is any waste has a skull full of sawdust.

Well, I also have a dd214 that says Honorable. But I only worked for the government for 3 years, and then decided to get a job that payed a reasonable wage.

But then, I might have known you were one of the government leeches, Mud:lol:

Actually the Republicans have plans to end Christmas, hand strangle all the kittens and puppies in the world, and drown a precious baby panda. And that's just next week!

Actually you fruitcakes are planning to take down this nation's, and the world's economy. And it looks like you will succeed.

Actually the Republicans have plans to end Christmas, hand strangle all the kittens and puppies in the world, and drown a precious baby panda. And that's just next week!

Actually you fruitcakes are planning to take down this nation's, and the world's economy. And it looks like you will succeed.

40% s0n!!!

Obama Approval Drops to New Low of 40%

Liberals are fcukk-ups and the majority know it. The varsity is going to have to pick up the pieces.

Last edited:
Well....there's that....and, the fact Republicans (specifically Teabaggers) assumed every White person HAD to turn-down running for The Presidency, before any Blacks were "qualified" to run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]‪Right America Feeling Wronged pt1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

Well, I also have a dd214 that says Honorable. But I only worked for the government for 3 years, and then decided to get a job that payed a reasonable wage.

hey, me too after 6

so what?

Well....there's that....and, the fact Republicans (specifically Teabaggers) assumed every White person HAD to turn-down running for The Presidency, before any Blacks were "qualified" to run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]‪Right America Feeling Wronged pt1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]​

do you really believe that or are you just an idiot?

3 years. Get put out for some reason????? They don't just let them out unless they're sick, lame, lazy, crippled, queer, or crazy.
3 years means you're clueless. It takes a second tour just to be able to grasp what being in the military is really like. Basically you're a punk that's going around talking out of his ass. 3 years means you have very little practical experience. And for your information, soldiers make a very respectable wage. If you compare the age of most soldiers with people in the private sector soldiers usually make more. So what was your excuse for getting out??? Was it because you couldn't hack it. You say you decided to get out so that means you didn't get out on a medical. So what was your problem? Why did the military decide to let you out for the good of the service?

My guess is you don't own a business like I do, nor do you own your own home. This is why you support Obama. Because you're basically a consumer waiting for your handout. If you owned anything worth a damn Obama's BS would scare the shit out of you.

Last edited:

I'm not against welfare, I'm against the people who make it a career on welfare.

The maximum LIFETIME cap on collecting WELFARE is five years.

And if one is one welfare, one must be working or going to school or one is cut off from it.

One of the things that amaze me about some of you who so hate welfare is how little any of you seem to know about it/

How many people are on welfare in the USA? About 3,000,000 and most of them are children.

Their parents who are collecting welfare as also largely WORKING for those benefits.

But none of you appraently know that.

I'm not against welfare, I'm against the people who make it a career on welfare.

And if one is one welfare, one must be working or going to school or one is cut off from it.

One of the things that amaze me about some of you who so hate welfare is how little any of you seem to know about it/

How many people are on welfare in the USA? About 3,000,000 and most of them are children.

Their parents who are collecting welfare as also largely WORKING for those benefits.

Going through HUD you can get your rent paid and your utilities paid for generations.

I have one family in particular that has been doing it for decades. They're Section 8, 3 generations of freeloaders. All healthy enough to work but they refuse to.

Bet you didn't know that.

Opinions (er, conclusions, giggle) are like a**holes we all have one.

Liberals are just so darn proud to have one

3 years. Get put out for some reason????? They don't just let them out unless they're sick, lame, lazy, crippled, queer, or crazy.
3 years means you're clueless. It takes a second tour just to be able to grasp what being in the military is really like. Basically you're a punk that's going around talking out of his ass. 3 years means you have very little practical experience. And for your information, soldiers make a very respectable wage. If you compare the age of most soldiers with people in the private sector soldiers usually make more. So what was your excuse for getting out??? Was it because you couldn't hack it. You say you decided to get out so that means you didn't get out on a medical. So what was your problem? Why did the military decide to let you out for the good of the service?

My guess is you don't own a business like I do, nor do you own your own home. This is why you support Obama. Because you're basically a consumer waiting for your handout. If you owned anything worth a damn Obama's BS would scare the shit out of you.

Now dumb fuck, the three years I was talking about were for the Forest Service. I count military as service, not a job.

Yep, I own my own home, and a couple of other properties, too. And I work as a millwright in a steel mill. And make a good income, have never been on welfare. And it ain't the President that scares the shit out of me, it is knownothing freaks like you. Anti-everything with a load of ignorance that is unbelievable.

You freaks crash the economy again, I hope this shit load falls squarely on you.

Going through HUD you can get your rent paid and your utilities paid for generations.

I have one family in particular that has been doing it for decades. They're Section 8, 3 generations of freeloaders. All healthy enough to work but they refuse to.

Bet you didn't know that.

And which side is that family on?:lol:

Please explain sharon jasper! Who boasts only working one month in her entire life. Who goes on to explain no one should have to do that.

Forum List

Back