I have come to the conclusion...

Regan raised the debt ceiling 17 times...and the dems didnt threaten to shut down the country. That is the difference between reepublicans and dems.

The debt level was much different.

Not to mention at no time did we increase the ceiling in the amount that Obumble wants.

let him babble on, the ceiling was below flat by any comparison with gdp in that era, the increments were small even in those dollars.

chart-of-the-day-us-debt-ceiling-jan-2011.jpg

that Republicans hate the fact that people receive welfare SO MUCH that they are willing to cripple our country in revenge.

Personally I can't speak for Republicans. I know I don't hate people getting welfare. What I hate is the amount of Waste and Abuse of the system, and the unsustainable Debt the Programs have us facing.

I do not want to do away with them, I want to see them cleaned up, and put on a sustainable Track.

That's all.

What you seem to want to ignore, is that if we do nothing and just ignore the problem. Both SS, and MC will collapse and then where will social Welfare be? Being the Father of 2 Young Children I tend to think of things like this through that prism. I want them to have SS when they Retire, I want them to live in a strong, Prosperous Nation. Not one so burdened down by Debt it is a shell of it's former self.

That's just it... who said to ignore the problem? Who said anything about NOT changing the waste... even the "hated" Obama talked about the redundancy and wast in government. The difference is... that the Tea Party tends to think that those changes have to be done in Draconian ways that will screw millions of people RIGHT NOW, and fuck with an already fragile economy to boot.

Once again... the average Mortgage is 30 years.... that's for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Why do you think that a debt of Trillions of dollars has to be paid off in a decade or two? We are the strongest country in the world, and the Conservatives act as though we are as fragile as Greece or Ireland... it's utterly ridiculous the propaganda and rhetoric that comes from the right, and it's equally ridiculous how otherwise decent people believe that rhetoric.

that Republicans hate the fact that people receive welfare SO MUCH that they are willing to cripple our country in revenge.

Personally I can't speak for Republicans. I know I don't hate people getting welfare. What I hate is the amount of Waste and Abuse of the system, and the unsustainable Debt the Programs have us facing.

I do not want to do away with them, I want to see them cleaned up, and put on a sustainable Track.

That's all.

Do you have any definitive proof of waste and abuse of the system? Could it be just rhetorical nonsense?

If you DO have any proof of waste and abuse, please present it to your state attorney general.

:rolleyes:

speaking of rhetorical nonsense....

What isn't understood is that, in one form or another, many (if not most of us) receive some form of welfare in it's strictest definition.

On the flip side, maybe Obama's entire presidency is based on revenge and payback........

Maybe you can persuade your democratic leaders or maybe your President to put a plan on paper of what they would like to see happen.

Spending is not obama's job it is congress's job.
I think Obama did submit a bill to the senate which defeated it.

can U link to the bill please?

That's all.

Do you have any definitive proof of waste and abuse of the system? Could it be just rhetorical nonsense?

If you DO have any proof of waste and abuse, please present it to your state attorney general.

Of course there is waste and abuse.

Right now, we have Virginia Class submarine. The Virginia Class will have no match beneath the water. The trouble is that the sub it will usurp...the Seawolf class...has no match beneath the surface....it usurped the Los Angeles Class sub which had no match beneath the waves.

Yes there is rampant waste and abuse. The LA Class cost approximately $900M. Just imagine what the VA class is costing

Regan raised the debt ceiling 17 times...and the dems didnt threaten to shut down the country. That is the difference between reepublicans and dems.

The debt level was much different.

Not to mention at no time did we increase the ceiling in the amount that Obumble wants.

let him babble on, the ceiling was below flat by any comparison with gdp in that era, the increments were small even in those dollars.

chart-of-the-day-us-debt-ceiling-jan-2011.jpg

Hat Tip sir!!!!

That's all.

I've served in the military and worked in the government for over 25 years.

Anyone who doesn't think there is any waste has a skull full of sawdust.

I agree the biggest waste of money by the government is military. You ever see that film "Iraq For Sale"?

Our nation is currently spending at the rate of $11,000 PER CITIZEN....that is EACH and EVERY YEAR....EACH and EVERY one of us!

Now, what were you saying about "welfare"?

At this rate pretty soon ALL of us are gonna be on welfare....welfare from the rest of the world!

Exactly when is enough for you people?

The issue is that poverty is a natural, inevitable byproduct of free market capitalism. It will forever be with us. Indeed, the spending of the poor have made many rich.

Those of us well off shouldn’t begrudge the poor the pittance they receive in welfare as compensation for a job well done.

LOL I would not have laughed if it had a hint of truth to it.
It is the God's honest truth.

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in your flowery hat!

Our current budget equates to $11,000 for each one of us...what on God's Green Earth makes you think our nation, ANY nation can afford to spend that much money?

Reagan this, Reagan that....

Nobody has threatened to shut down the country.

It's a simple request, actually.....

PASS A FUCKING BUDGET

As soon as passing a budget includes raising revenue....which the right has said won't happen

It's really simple

Forum List

Back