• what does it matter?

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament

As I see it, Jesus was not only preaching the bad things of old, he was also preaching redemption. One can be saved; just abide by His instructions, follow His commandments and peace will be your reward.

God’s Chosen People
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion where the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events (bible verses-&-1947-2019). Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correcting my misguided view of them.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome whether pro or con.

As I see it, Jesus was not only preaching the bad things of old, he was also preaching redemption. One can be saved; just abide by His instructions, follow His commandments and peace will be your reward.

God’s Chosen People
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion where the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events (bible verses-&-1947-2019). Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correcting my misguided view of them.

You should go post this over at the Mecca forum
I'm sure the moslems over there will more that happy to donate some land for the philistines.

God’s Chosen People ... I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways ... I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help ... by correcting my misguided view of them.

Was this was written 2000 years ago? Or a 1000 years ago? Or a hundred years ago? Or today? It's the same misguided view that has plagued humanity for millennia. "If the Jewish people would only ... then the world would be perfect."

Its rather stunning that people continue to reject their own agency and require the Jewish people to bear the full burden of responsibility for all humanity.

God’s Chosen People

Please tell us what the Jewish people did to ask for “ Forgiveness Your brethren bhas been spewing Hatred for over 2000 years, nothing to do with the “ Two State Solution”

Its rather stunning that people continue to reject their own agency and require the Jewish people to bear the full burden of responsibility for all humanity.

You forgot something, they were chosen way before there was a "United States of America"

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:8 KJV) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself

if ye hearken to these judgments
the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant
He will love thee
He will bless thee
He will multiply thee
He will bless the fruit of thy womb
He will bless he fruit of thy land
He will bless the fruit of thy corn
He will bless the fruit of thy wine
He will bless thine oil
He will bless the increase of thy kin
He will bless the flocks of thy sheep

Shusha, do you feel blessed-?

Just asking
no animosity intended or implied :)-

Please tell us what the Jewish people did to ask for “ Forgiveness"

Ask and you shall receive

November 6, 1944. Zionist terrorists of the Stern Gang assassinated the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, Lord Moyne, in Cairo.

July 22, 1946. Zionist terrorists blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem,.,.,killing or injuring more than 200 persons.

October 1, 1946. The British Embassy in Rome was badly damaged by bomb explosions, for which Irgun claimed responsibility.

September 3, 1947. A postal bomb addressed to the British War Office exploded in the post office sorting room in London, injuring 2 persons. It was attributed to Irgun or Stern Gangs. (The Sunday Times, Sept. 24, 1972, p.8)

December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.

December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.

December 13, 1947 -- February 10, 1948. Seven incidents of bomb-tossing at innocent Arab civilians in cafes and markets, killing 138 and wounding 271 others

May11, 1948. A letter bomb addressed to Sir Evelyn Barker, former Commanding Officer in Palestine, was detected in the nick of time by his wife.

Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, has confirmed that the Israeli art students were, in fact, part of a major Israeli intelligence operation and that they were conducting surveillance of the activities of the 9-11 hijackers. They also worked with the Israeli Urban Moving System employees in New Jersey who were seen in at least two Jersey City locations -- Liberty State Park and The Doric apartment building -- celebrating the impact of the first plane into the World Trade Center.

The Israelis at Liberty State Park were dressed in Arab-style clothing when they were witnessed celebrating the first attack. The FBI later confiscated a videotape they filmed of the first attack.
Israeli art students who shadowed 9-11 hijackers were part of a major Mossad intelligence operation - Looking Glass News

Google Irgun, Haganah and Stern gangs and you will get 144,000 hits

BTW: The Haganah gang later became the Israeli Defense Force (IDF)
International law and Israeli settlements
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal under international law

The majority of legal scholars hold the settlements to violate international law, while others have offered dissenting views supporting the Israeli position.
International law and Israeli settlements - Wikipedia

Google—“IDF shooting children”

What is there left to say--? :)-

November 6, 1944. Zionist terrorists of the Stern Gang assassinated the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, Lord Moyne, in Cairo.

July 22, 1946. Zionist terrorists blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem,.,.,killing or injuring more than 200 persons.

October 1, 1946. The British Embassy in Rome was badly damaged by bomb explosions, for which Irgun claimed responsibility.

September 3, 1947. A postal bomb addressed to the British War Office exploded in the post office sorting room in London, injuring 2 persons. It was attributed to Irgun or Stern Gangs. (The Sunday Times, Sept. 24, 1972, p.8)

December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.

December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.

December 13, 1947 -- February 10, 1948. Seven incidents of bomb-tossing at innocent Arab civilians in cafes and markets, killing 138 and wounding 271 others

May11, 1948. A letter bomb addressed to Sir Evelyn Barker, former Commanding Officer in Palestine, was detected in the nick of time by his wife.

Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, has confirmed that the Israeli art students were, in fact, part of a major Israeli intelligence operation and that they were conducting surveillance of the activities of the 9-11 hijackers. They also worked with the Israeli Urban Moving System employees in New Jersey who were seen in at least two Jersey City locations -- Liberty State Park and The Doric apartment building -- celebrating the impact of the first plane into the World Trade Center.

The Israelis at Liberty State Park were dressed in Arab-style clothing when they were witnessed celebrating the first attack. The FBI later confiscated a videotape they filmed of the first attack.
Israeli art students who shadowed 9-11 hijackers were part of a major Mossad intelligence operation - Looking Glass News

The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal under international law

The majority of legal scholars hold the settlements to violate international law, while others have offered dissenting views supporting the Israeli position.

Nothing. So that's you sorted.

Anti-Semitism of the "Church Fathers"

Try reading your post. You quoted the Old Testament which was slightly before 1948. Talk about Hate, Bigotry ,and Intolerance? Christians have been at it for over 2000 years. The above is only a small example. It is you who should ask for Forgiveness

Too bad “ International Law” didn’t exist for Israel before 1967.

It's 1947, not 1967.
There is only one (1) country that uses its military to single out and murder children. Care to guess which country that is--?
:)-

I said before 1967 which includes 1947. Regarding your question,I will answer when you address the Anti Semitic Hate your Religion spews.
Too bad “ International Law” didn’t exist for Israel before 1967.

It's 1947, not 1967.
There is only one (1) country that uses its military to single out and murder children. Care to guess which country that is--?

Notice you have nothing to say about the Anti Semitic Hatred that has been spewed for over 2000 years. Nothing to do with Israel. Want a response from me? Address my post. There will not be a response

I said before 1967 which includes 1947. Regarding your question,I will answer when you address the Anti Semitic Hate your Religion spews.

It's not my religion but I do get a lot of satisfaction with its content.

Since my mind is old and I have forgotten more than I can remember please elaborate on your statement--"Anti Semitic Hate your Religion spews"

Thanks in advance

I

It's not my religion but I do get a lot of satisfaction with its content.

Since my mind is old and I have forgotten more than I can remember please elaborate on your statement--"Anti Semitic Hate your Religion spews"

Thanks in advance

Not capable of reading my thread? Too bad, that’s your problem. As I have already stated, that’s just one example. Get a lot of satisfaction out of that? Just exposed yourself for just who you really are. Thank you

You forgot something, they were chosen way before there was a "United States of America"

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:8 KJV) But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself

if ye hearken to these judgments
the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant
He will love thee
He will bless thee
He will multiply thee
He will bless the fruit of thy womb
He will bless he fruit of thy land
He will bless the fruit of thy corn
He will bless the fruit of thy wine
He will bless thine oil
He will bless the increase of thy kin
He will bless the flocks of thy sheep

Shusha, do you feel blessed-?

Just asking
no animosity intended or implied :)-

I feel blessed right up until the moment some religious antisemitic person, clearly ignorant of Torah, shows up to Christsplain Torah to me, blame the world's problems on the Jews, preach to me how wicked the Jews are and spread outright ridiculous lies about Jews and Israel. Especially when said person retreats from real discussion on multiple threads only to reappear spouting more scripture.

Forum List

Back