"I have a bracelet too"

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
This is the only line I remember from the debate. It's the only line that my wife and I laughed out loud at. I believe it illustrated what I thought was a problem for Obama in an otherwise good performance: He's Mr. Right. Or as my wife would say, "Mr. Always Gotta Be F***ing Right". Obama seemed to always have to get the last word in. He interrupted McCain quite a few times, wagged his finger and smirked. I have not heard any of the talking heads point this out so perhaps it was just me. I don't recall many people commenting on Gore's sighs right away but over a few days as feedback from the public came in it became apparent it was a major problem. Time will tell if what I observed was limited to a few or a more widespread impression.

:clap2: lol .... it's all about who you like and who you don't. :lol:

Not really. I thought Obama did well except for that one silly line about the bracelet and the other stuff I noted. I call it a tie. I think McCain missed some easy homeruns. My impression of Obama could be totally wrong. Curious what others think.

Last edited:
Not really. I thought Obama did well except for that on silly line about the bracelet and the other stuff I noted. I call it a tie. I think McCain missed some easy homeruns. My impression of Obama could be totally wrong. Curious what others think.

First, I personally don't think the "bracelet" story should have been used by either candidate to make their point. The mother of a fallen soldier's feelings should not be exploited for political gain. That's just my opinion.

I think Obama being a law professor has a lot to do with him feeling he is right on everything. He is used to being the expert.

I thought Obama was on the defensive a lot during the debate. I thought McCain won the debate hands-down. I am surprised to hear the polls are saying the opposite. They used to say when you are defending, you are losing. Maybe that rule doesn't apply anymore. If the country really thinks Obama won this debate, maybe that says something about who will win on November 4. After all, this was the debate Mac was supposed to have an advantage in.

This is the only line I remember from the debate. It's the only line that my wife and I laughed out loud at. I believe it illustrated what I thought was a problem for Obama in an otherwise good performance: He's Mr. Right. Or as my wife would say, "Mr. Always Gotta Be F***ing Right". Obama seemed to always have to get the last word in. He interrupted McCain quite a few times, wagged his finger and smirked. I have not heard any of the talking heads point this out so perhaps it was just me. I don't recall many people commenting on Gore's sighs right away but over a few days as feedback from the public came in it became apparent it was a major problem. Time will tell if what I observed was limited to a few or a more widespread impression.
That was my impression as well.

First, I personally don't think the "bracelet" story should have been used by either candidate to make their point. The mother of a fallen soldier's feelings should not be exploited for political gain. That's just my opinion.

I think Obama being a law professor has a lot to do with him feeling he is right on everything. He is used to being the expert.

I thought Obama was on the defensive a lot during the debate. I thought McCain won the debate hands-down. I am surprised to hear the polls are saying the opposite. They used to say when you are defending, you are losing. Maybe that rule doesn't apply anymore. If the country really thinks Obama won this debate, maybe that says something about who will win on November 4. After all, this was the debate Mac was supposed to have an advantage in.

From Fox Focus Groups:

A heavy Democratic area in Pennsylvania had it overwhelmingly for McCain.

South Florida was indecisive.

Las Vegas slightly in favor of Obama.

Drudge has it 67% for McCain.

Apparently the MSNBC talking heads had it for McCain.

Dick Morris had it for Obama.

Seems like a mixed bag. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the polls.

Last edited:
From Fox Focus Groups:

A heavy Democratic area in Pennsylvania had it overwhelmingly for McCain.

South Florida was indecisive.

Las Vegas slightly in favor of Obama.

Drudge has it 67% for McCain.

Apparently the MSNBC talking heads had it for McCain.

Dick Morris had it for Obama.

Seems like a mixed bad. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the polls.

The Pennsylvania one is encouraging.

I heard a couple of commentators comment on the smirking on one station and an interviewed guest on another one talking about it. Also one Democrat strategist who said that one of Obama's intentions was to try and get under McCain's skin in the hopes he would lose his temper -which backfired because it was McCain who got under Obama's skin and he was the one who often looked frustrated and irritated.

Obama may have been "Mr. Always Gotta Be F***ing Right" during the debate but McCain never said he was correct about anything. The McCain campaign had an ad out using excerpts from the debate before the candidates even got out of the building. It shows Obama repeatedly saying "John is correct" and "Senator McCain is right" or "I agree with Senator McCain".

I doubt Obama will want any ads using what McCain said in return though and just as often -that Obama "doesn't get it" or "doesn't understand" or "doesn't have the experience to realize...".

Obama did the same thing to Hillary. Anytime he was to speak first, he'd give a short intro on his opinion. Then Hillary would speak, and he'd interrupt the moderator and get his last words in, which were usually repeats of what Hillary had just said.

It was one of the first things to turn me off from the man.

Obama did the same thing to Hillary. Anytime he was to speak first, he'd give a short intro on his opinion. Then Hillary would speak, and he'd interrupt the moderator and get his last words in, which were usually repeats of what Hillary had just said.

It was one of the first things to turn me off from the man.
Yeah, well, it obviously worked, whether you like him or not.

Being right has this weird quality of...being right. I wonder why it seems so important to him...

And, I laughed that McCain mentioned the bracelet at all in the first place. Oh, and who was than Iranian leader? "Ahkmadanajawho"?

And I consistently love all the reminders of that prison cell in Vietnam. Being a prisoner is the BEST way to serve your country.

I think you would want to interupt to, if, on national television, someone was spewing misinformation about you, essentially smearing past efforts. He stooped to really low levels to tonight, but apparently it appeals to the American Bravado in all of us... let's grow up. It was infuriating to hear McCain go off time and time again, on these self-righteous rants. Obama stayed calm, and countered with intelligible and knowledgeable remarks.

I think you would want to interupt to, if, on national television, someone was spewing misinformation about you, essentially smearing past efforts. He stooped to really low levels to tonight, but apparently it appeals to the American Bravado in all of us... let's grow up. It was infuriating to hear McCain go off time and time again, on these self-righteous rants. Obama stayed calm, and countered with intelligible and knowledgeable remarks.

IKNOWRITE!

like when he said

" I agree with John McCain " about 8 times right!?!

Because it's better to remain staunchly contrary to your opponent NOMATTERWAT!!! EVEN IF THEY'RE RIGHT!

:doubt:

I don't follow the liberal logic.

If McCain is Bushx2

But Obama sides with McCain now on those issues...

what does that make Obama?

Bushx3?

what is this madness...he is not supposed to agree with McCain...McCain is McSame and is Bush's buttbuddy...how can Obama do this!?!

:clap2:

I don't follow the liberal logic.

If McCain is Bushx2

But Obama sides with McCain now on those issues...

what does that make Obama?

Bushx3?

what is this madness...he is not supposed to agree with McCain...McCain is McSame and is Bush's buttbuddy...how can Obama do this!?!

:clap2:
What are you talking about? Please relate to me these topics that "Obama agrees with" that "Bush agrees with" and "McCain agrees with." Were you paying attention to when Obama agreed, or did you just hear it a few times and now you're exaggerating for effect because you don't actually have a legitimate argument?

Forum List

Back