"I have a bracelet too"

Wait, so, if you agree with what the other canidate said, you shouldn't say so? You should hold it in and act stubbornly to be as spiteful as possible, and then fire false attacks, all the while not looking at your opponent, and maintain a scalding facial expression directed about 45 degrees below you're gaze?

How about a mature politician, who, in demonstrating his ability to reach across the aisle, shows that he can LISTEN to other people who may not agree with them (in a practical context, this would be republicans, or even leaders of other nations), incorporate their opinions, and then outline the differences he has with that person to make a point. That's usually how you debate, or infact, how you talk with someone who you may disagree with. Obama wasn't playing some immature game. He was being a mature person, and this spoke to his character. I think, that over time, this will appeal to people more than a stubborn-minded, immature politician, who wishes to rant and rave and throw immature diatribes back, simply to try to belittle that person. It really shows who McCain is, and it is NOT presidential. It only appeals emotionally to Americans who feel they need someone as misguided as he is, in adopting some ultra-patriotic life purpose to belitle every democrat, and everything liberal.

Wait, so, if you agree with what the other canidate said, you shouldn't say so? You should hold it in and act stubbornly to be as spiteful as possible, and then fire false attacks, all the while not looking at your opponent, and maintain a scalding facial expression directed about 45 degrees below you're gaze?

How about a mature politician, who, in demonstrating his ability to reach across the aisle, shows that he can LISTEN to other people who may not agree with them (in a practical context, this would be republicans, or even leaders of other nations), incorporate their opinions, and then outline the differences he has with that person to make a point. That's usually how you debate, or infact, how you talk with someone who you may disagree with. Obama wasn't playing some immature game. He was being a mature person, and this spoke to his character. I think, that over time, this will appeal to people more than a stubborn-minded, immature politician, who wishes to rant and rave and throw immature diatribes back, simply to try to belittle that person. It really shows who McCain is, and it is NOT presidential. It only appeals emotionally to Americans who feel they need someone as misguided as he is, in adopting some ultra-patriotic life purpose to belitle every democrat, and everything liberal.

Exactly.

How about a mature politician, who, in demonstrating his ability to reach across the aisle, shows that he can LISTEN to other people who may not agree with them (in a practical context, this would be republicans, or even leaders of other nations), incorporate their opinions, and then outline the differences he has with that person to make a point.

Reaching across the aisle...you mean what McCain's been doing his entire career, and what Obama hasn't done once in his? Further evidenced by Obama's flocking to the Democratics in Washington yesterday, instead of listening to what the other party had to say.

Like what McCain has been doing before Obama even thought of running for president?

Yes, to people like you Obama should try to come off as bipartisan.

McCain really doesn't have to try to come off that way seeing as that's a huge reason why he's the other candidate.

Reaching across the aisle...you mean what McCain's been doing his entire career, and what Obama hasn't done once in his? Further evidenced by Obama's flocking to the Democratics in Washington yesterday, instead of listening to what the other party had to say.

would you stop typing my thoughts already!?!

:lol:

If McCain is bipartisan then I'm a monkey's uncle.

But seriously, McCain isn't very bipartisan. And that wasn't the point about Obama being able to agree with another candidate at all.

And you both fail at showing which points Obama agreed with that make him a hypocrite.

But seriously, McCain isn't very bipartisan. And that wasn't the point about Obama being able to agree with another candidate at all.

And you both fail at showing which points Obama agreed with that make him a hypocrite.

So basically all I got from your post was you are in fact a monkey's uncle

I never said agreeing with those points made him a hypocrite. I just find irony in the fact that one minute he's painting McCain as Bush's twin, and the next he's agreeing with everything the man says. Talk about mixed messages. So much for change.

McCain is historically more bipartisan than almost any other current senator. The only other I can think of would be Lieberman (which is why they are such good friends). If I remember correctly, it was Joe Biden who said he would be honored to run with John McCain - and Joe Biden is FAR from a conservative. That tells you something about McCain, or...it should.

Doesn't change the main principles of McCain. Which are wrong.

And only someone digging for faults in Obama's debate would say it was "sending mixed messages" to agree with his opponent. If you actually paid attention to ANYTHING he agreed with, you'd drop this point entirely.

I thought McCain agreed and voted with Bush how much of the time over the years? I don't have a number, but I know it was well above 50%. Considering how one-sided Bush is in terms of partisan politics, how can you say McCain reaches across the aisle? More important than his past, is how he exemplifies a lack of ability to reach across the aisle, simply in his exchange with Obama, who was only across the stage from him. If McCain did finally secure the Presidency, he wouldn't need to score any more points, so wouldn't need to reach across the aisle, but could build up his political regime in Washington, and continue what Bush has been doing for 8 years, irrespective of any thoughts or opinions going outside of their little bubble up on that hill.

I thought McCain agreed and voted with Bush how much of the time over the years? I don't have a number, but I know it was well above 50%. Considering how one-sided Bush is in terms of partisan politics, how can you say McCain reaches across the aisle? More important than his past, is how he exemplifies a lack of ability to reach across the aisle, simply in his exchange with Obama, who was only across the stage from him. If McCain did finally secure the Presidency, he wouldn't need to score any more points, so wouldn't need to reach across the aisle, but could build up his political regime in Washington, and continue what Bush has been doing for 8 years, irrespective of any thoughts or opinions going outside of their little bubble up on that hill.

Since Bush was elected, of the votes McCain has cast, 90% of have been on the side of Bush. Now, go back and see how many times he voted alongside Bill Clinton. Also, check how often Obama's voted on the same side as Bush. You'll be surprised just how silly all these numbers are to debate.

I believe the number they through around is 90%

50% is what Obama voted with Bush on...well...49%...when he actually voted..

I don't follow the liberal logic.

If McCain is Bushx2

But Obama sides with McCain now on those issues...

what does that make Obama?

Bushx3?

what is this madness...he is not supposed to agree with McCain...McCain is McSame and is Bush's buttbuddy...how can Obama do this!?!

:clap2:

Are you completely daft?

I don't follow the liberal logic.

If McCain is Bushx2

But Obama sides with McCain now on those issues...

what does that make Obama?

Bushx3?

what is this madness...he is not supposed to agree with McCain...McCain is McSame and is Bush's buttbuddy...how can Obama do this!?!

:clap2:

Seriously. It's like, one can't be real at all in politics, else people are ready to slam you for this or that, to spin anything their way. Are you not willing to really look at what Obama was doing? He is playing a new kind of politics. Injecting actual HONESTY into his dialogue, so unbecoming of McCain were he to try it. I think it is something to be admired, as opposed to criticized, and not just for Obama supporters, but for our country. Enough of this lying to cover up things that are painful, but exposing that which needs to be said, and even agreeing with what is going on across the aisle. After all, probably the biggest problem with the past 8 years is the lack of bipartisanship on ANYTHING, as a result of Bush's regime dissallowing any such interaction to take place. We NEED to be listening to eachother, and the fact that he can do so in a POLITICAL DEBATE, is amazing. To have that kind of confidence, poise, and maturity, is something we haven't seen in a VERY long time. It is quite refreshing. I just don't think people are used to it.

Last edited:
This 19 second video from the debate tells us all we need to know about Obama.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgNJmrQj9Bg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgNJmrQj9Bg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Doesn't change the main principles of McCain. Which are wrong.

And only someone digging for faults in Obama's debate would say it was "sending mixed messages" to agree with his opponent. If you actually paid attention to ANYTHING he agreed with, you'd drop this point entirely.
This, coming from an obvious Obamabot. :lol:

This is the only line I remember from the debate. It's the only line that my wife and I laughed out loud at.

What crap. McCain pulls the "I love the Troops" all the time and then vote against bills for them.

I thought Obama's remark was perfect. I also have a bracelet and this soldier's mom doesn't agree with you. It slapped McCain's use of the troops as a polictical tool right back in his grinning, arrogrant little face.

His body language gave him away as an arrogant angry little man who had all the talking points of personal attack memorized and read to use.

Obama needs to clean up the hesitation that he has in his speech. Maybe because he thinks out what he is going to say unlike McCain.

But like someone else said, whoever you were for going in, your value system filtered out what you wanted to hear. If you don't realize that, you don't realize diddly.

This 19 second video from the debate tells us all we need to know about Obama.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgNJmrQj9Bg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BgNJmrQj9Bg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Honestly, I don't think he actually pulled up his sleeve. That graph is in the way in this snippet, which makes it look like he pulled up his sleeve and read it. I think he was just looking down, trying to recall. Don't you think he would know how stupid that would make him look if he actually looked at it? C'mon, he's not that dumb.

Forum List

Back