I guess the libs are right about guns - you can get one for 10 dollars! Only in America!

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
This is a deadly weapon and can be had for 10 dollars! We need sensible laws!

screenshot_88.png

View attachment 264848

Let's shut down some loopholes in different states for things like private sales and try to enforce existing laws on straw man purchases and gun "losses". If after a decade gun crime doesn't go down we'll revisit something but we probably are going to have legal guns in this country as long as we have small government and abortion rights.

• Banned

View attachment 264848

Let's shut down some loopholes in different states for things like private sales and try to enforce existing laws on straw man purchases and gun "losses". If after a decade gun crime doesn't go down we'll revisit something but we probably are going to have legal guns in this country as long as we have small government and abortion rights.
Instead of the fascism you propose how about stop probating violent criminals and and stop paroling them? Actually send violent criminals to prison the first time they commit a crime.

View attachment 264848

Instead of the fascism you propose how about stop probating violent criminals and and stop paroling them? Actually send violent criminals to prison the first time they commit a crime.

I support a random 1% chance of the death penalty for anyone who causes an accident drunk driving (or stoned) also. A real "Wheel of Death" which the well off would be as randomly smited by.

Soft on crime is not my problem, you must be confusing me with another poster with a battleship avatar.

Edit: I removed the word Sure from the beginning. It was confusing.

• Banned

View attachment 264848

I support a random 1% chance of the death penalty for anyone who causes an accident drunk driving (or stoned) also. A real "Wheel of Death" which the well off would be as randomly smited by.

Soft on crime is not my problem, you must be confusing me with another poster with a battleship avatar.

I haven't confused you with anyone. What I stated happens everyday.

Miketx is right. Just make mandatory sentences for possession of a gun and use of a gun in a crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
Miketx is right. Just make mandatory sentences for possession of a gun and use of a gun in a crime.

The NRA tried to do that years ago but the politicians killed it. And I assume you mean by "possessing a gun" you are talking about felons and criminals.

Anyone convicted of an unprovoked violent felony resulting in the death (or worse) of the victim should be terminated upon conviction.

Really, they're not worth keeping.

View attachment 264848

I haven't confused you with anyone. What I stated happens everyday.
Perhaps the way it was written or the way I read it made me think it was towards me which I found surprising. I'm for automated firing squads or whatever is cheapest.

The only way this thing can cause death is if you try to use it to hold up a business that has a real gun or brandish it in front of a Police Officer. .

Yeah, my brother shot me on my bare thigh with a BB gun once. Stung like hell but no real damage.

The NRA tried to do that years ago but the politicians killed it. And I assume you mean by "possessing a gun" you are talking about felons and criminals.

Yes. I mean criminal’s. It would slow a lot down. If they didn’t pass it, time to revisit it.

See....the problem with that is that you can't then punish normal gun owners. They don't commit crimes with their legal guns, so how would you punish them and take away their guns?

The reason the anti-gunners keep pushing pointless, useless gun laws is that it increases the fees, taxes, paperwork and legal jeopardy for law abiding gun owners....one slip up, one failure to jump through the right hoop, one failure to understand the byzantine gun laws.....and you crush the normal gun owner. You turn them into felons for crimes that have nothing to do with actual crime and violence.....they go to prison, rack up 10s of thousands of dollars, if not more, in legal fees, they become felons, which will cause them to lose their jobs, their homes, and crush their families.....and the crown jewel? The will no longer be able to own a gun.....ever.......

The actual approach to lowering gun crime would be to lock up violent gun criminals for a long, long time. This is how Japan got their criminals to stop carrying guns and using them on each other. But then, why don't democrat judges and prosecutors do this? Why do these democrat judges and prosecutors, and politicians, the ones crying out all the time for more gun control.....keep letting known, violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail....over and over and over again? Look at shooters in democrat controlled cities....the ones killing people with guns have been in custody for illegal gun possession over and over....and keep being released...

Why? If lowering gun crime is the goal?

View attachment 264848

There are no loopholes you twit......we already have all the laws we need to prosecute and catch straw buyers......

The problem isn't loopholes....the problem is that democrat judges, prosecutors and politicians......the ones screaming the loudest about new gun laws on normal people.....are the ones releasing repeat, violent gun offenders back onto the streets over and over again....and not punishing straw buyers when they are caught....because those straw buyers are the mothers, grandmothers, sisters of the gang members who use the guns to commit murder....and they often buy those guns under the threat of physical violence.....

Straw Purchasing Guns: US Needs to Take It Seriously | [site:name] | National Review

Wisconsin isn’t alone in its nonchalance. California normally treats straw purchases as misdemeanors or minor infractions. Even as the people of Baltimore suffer horrific levels of violence, Maryland classifies the crime as a misdemeanor, too. Straw buying is a felony in progressive Connecticut, albeit one in the second-least-serious order of felonies. It is classified as a serious crime in Illinois (Class 2 felony), but police rarely (meaning “almost never”) go after the nephews and girlfriends with clean records who provide Chicago’s diverse and sundry gangsters with their weapons. In Delaware, it’s a Class F felony, like forging a check. In Oregon, it’s a misdemeanor.

--------

I visited Chicago a few years back to write about the city’s gang-driven murder problem, and a retired police official told me that the nature of the people making straw purchases — young relatives, girlfriends who may or may not have been facing the threat of physical violence, grandmothers, etc. — made prosecuting those cases unattractive. In most of those cases, the authorities emphatically should put the straw purchasers in prison for as long as possible. Throw a few gangsters’ grandmothers behind bars for 20 years and see if that gets anybody’s attention. In the case of the young women suborned into breaking the law, that should be just another charge to put on the main offender.

Why is it that the democrat judges, politicians and prosecutors....the ones screaming for more gun control laws...are the ones who keep letting violent, known, repeat gun offenders out of jail on reduced bail, or personal recognizance, and out of prison on short prison sentences for actual violent crime with guns?

Explain that, and you have a key factor in the U.S. gun crime issue....

Officials Address 'Vicious Cycle' Of I-Bond Violations After Violent Weekend

Many of the gun offenders arrested by Chicago police over the weekend walked out of jail on bond, without having to pay a dime.

As of Monday morning, 19 people had been arrested on gun-related charges. By Monday afternoon, 11 were back on the street, some with prior gun offenses.

“We know who a lot of these people are,” Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said. “And how do we know that? Because we keep arresting them over and over and over and over and over again. And it’s just a vicious cycle.”

In a tweet Sunday night, a Chicago police spokesperson criticized the practice of letting gun offenders out on Individual Recognizance Bonds or “I-Bonds.”
-----

The tweet said, in part, “Letting gun offenders out on I-Bonds shows there is absolutely no repercussion for carrying illegal guns In Chicago.”
-----
In a statement, an office representative said since the beginning of this year, 72% of gun related cases received monetary bail or no bond.
==================
http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/05/man-connected-to-whitney-young-high.html

The man who is charged with driving the carjacked SUV of a Whitney Young High School teacher this week is on probation for possessing a handgun—a probation term that was cut in half just three weeks ago by a Cook County judge.

The CPD arrest report that documents the capture of Nicholas Williams on Tuesday says cops and federal agents found Williams “in possession” of a loaded 9-millimeter handgun with a defaced serial number. But, a source with knowledge of the case told CWBChicago tonight that the gun was “ditched” and weapons charges could not be approved.

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office did not immediately respond to an after-hours email seeking comment.

Court records show that in Aug. 2017 Williams was charged with felony unlawful use of a weapon for allegedly carrying a handgun in the front of his waistband during a traffic stop on the West Side. Police said in a report that the gun had been reported stolen one month earlier.

A grand jury returned a 12 felony count true bill against Williams. But the Cook County State’s Attorney dropped all charges on May 3, 2018.

Five months after that case was dropped, Williams was charged with a new set of eight weapons felonies for allegedly carrying a handgun in the front of his waistband while riding his bike on the West Side.

----

Last month, Judge Maria Kuriakos-Ciesil sentenced Williams to two year’s probation, 30 hours of community service and 175 days time served in the case.

His attorneys asked for a reduced sentence and, on April 29th, Kuriakos-Ciesil granted the motion by reducing Williams’ punishment to one year of TASC probation and 30 hours of community service.

-------------------------
14 year old shot two men, released without bond or home confinement...

Cook County, IL: 14-Year-Old Charged With Shooting Two, Freed Without Supervision - The Truth About Guns

Welcome to Cook County, Illinois, where crime often has no meaningful consequences. Between a State’s Attorney’s Office reluctant to file charges and judges who mollycoddles defendants, Chicagoland has become the modern Wild West.

Case in point: a 14-year-old who (reportedly) shot and tried to kill two in a nice uptown neighborhood was released by a judge Friday to his parent with no bond – not even electronic home monitoring

The Cook County judge claims the police failed to bring this suspected would-be gang killer (pictured above, right) in front of a judge quickly enough. So the judge, in order to penalize the police, released the kid without conditions other than to report to court next week.

Of course, the judge is really only penalizing the community as the accused certainly missed his calling as a choir boy.

The police, on the other hand, said they had concerns about the young man’s safety. Police released images of the suspects to the media in an effort to identify them and the media published them.

The Chicago mainstream media refer to the accused as a “boy.” Even though this “boy”reportedly shot one man in the back, abdomen, buttocks and groin and the other in the head.
===========

16 year old shooter released on 10,000 bond.....Cuomo's Raise the age bill for family court let this shooter go free on bail...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44304/case-16-year-old-accused-shooting-bronx-street-hank-berrien

Bronx Supreme Court Justice John Collins made Garcia’s release contingent on either $10,000 bail or $25,000 bond, he made bail and he was freed. As The New York Post explains, “The law already guarantees that he can’t be held in a jail that also houses adults — and if convicted, his sentencing judge would have to take his age into account.”
--------
On Monday, prosecutor Daniel Defilippi indicated he would try to stop the case from being transferred to Family Court. Assemblywoman Nicole Malliotakis, referring to the case as a “prime example” of the problems with the Raise the Age bill, said, “One of the things we brought up during debate was how this encourages gang recruitment. Gangs can recruit young people to do dirty work because they won’t be treated the same when caught.
------
Residents of the neighborhood acknowledged that the neighborhood has become a frightening place to live; one said, “We don’t go out. We don’t go to the park. I keep my kids in the house. We’re scared.” Another commented, “People don’t feel safe. People shooting in the street like that? No one is safe.” A third commented of the young girl, “She is lucky. Like an angel is watching over her because she was really close.”

Yes. I mean criminal’s. It would slow a lot down. If they didn’t pass it, time to revisit it.

Can you explain why the democrats, the ones screaming for more gun control focused on law abiding gun owners........keep allowing actual, violent, repeat gun offenders out of jail?

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

View attachment 264848

Why do the democrats refuse to enforce existing laws? Why do they keep reducing the sentences for gun crimes?

Notice in the link....the democrats are reducing the prison time for the straw buying you just complained about......

Please, answer that.....

California Democrats hate the gun, not the gunman – Orange County Register

Now that Democrats have supermajorities in the California state Legislature, they’ve rolled into Sacramento with a zest for lowering the state’s prison population and have interpreted St. Augustine’s words of wisdom to mean, “Hate the gun, not the gunman.”

I say this because, once they finally took a break from preaching about the benefits of stricter gun control, the state Senate voted to loosen sentencing guidelines for criminals convicted of gun crimes.

Currently, California law requires anyone who uses a gun while committing a felony to have their sentence increased by 10 years or more in prison — on top of the normal criminal penalty. If enacted, Senate Bill 620 would eliminate that mandate.

The bill, which passed on a 22-14 party-line vote, with support only from Democrats, now heads to the state Assembly for consideration.

Republicans and the National Rifle Association have vowed to campaign against it.

Why have Democrats suddenly developed a soft spot for criminals convicted of gun crimes? The bill’s author, state Sen. Steve Bradford, D-Gardena, says that he was motivated to write the bill after a 17-year-old riding in a car involved in a drive-by shooting was sentenced to 25 years in prison, even though he claims that he wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger.

and for all those anti-gunners who want to know where criminals get guns....well...this law lowers the prison time for those who give guns to criminals.....

Why is that?

Prop. 57, for example, very deceptively and fundamentally changed the definition of what constitutes a “non-violent” offense.

supplying a firearm to a gang member,

l
felon obtaining a firearm,

discharging a firearm on school grounds

Forum List

Back