I get asked this question a lot...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by DeadCanDance, Aug 2, 2007.

1. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    on this board: "Why won't muslim Clerics and Muslim leaders condemn terrorism?!!!"

I thought it was an approprate time to answer those queries:

An informed person (aka, Liberal) might say "Well, this it to be expected. The Shia are traditional enemies of the sunni wahabists. What do Sunni leaders say about al qaeda?":

What about Pakistan? Admittedly, it has some clerics who are fans of Bin Laden, or at least who would avoid condemning him. But ...
    European Muslims?

Surely, Hezbollah has been cheering on Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, right?:....

North American, Canadian, and UK Muslim Leaders, and other Muslim leaders?

The evil "CAIR" muslim organization, that Fox News blathers on about?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,104
    Okay, you've answered that question, now another one.

Do you believe they are sincere? Or are these "condemnations" merely lip service?

3. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Do you believe that Churches are sincere when they condemn abortion clinic bombings and harassment? Or are these "condemnations" merely lip service?

4. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,104
    Lip service. I think that they quietly cheer clinic bombings.

5. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Originally Posted by mattskramer
    Do you believe that Churches are sincere when they condemn abortion clinic bombings and harassment? Or are these "condemnations" merely lip service?

For real? Wow. I don't. I think the overwhelming, vast majority of christian leaders who condemn abortion clinic bombings are being honest. I'm quite sure the vast majority of christians oppose murder and terrorism.

I don't think the vast majority of muslim clerics or leaders believe in murder or terrorism either. I think the statements they gave, were overwhelmingly accurate reflections of thier feelings and views.

6. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    I was surprised by the reply too. I guess that he is a skeptic. I understand that each person in a group might have different sentiments but I think that Muslim groups, as a whole, oppose terrorism. I also think that Christian groups, as a whole, oppose terrorism too.

7. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,104
    I guess I'm just more cynical when it comes to religion. I am of the opinion that for many of them, the ends justifies the means. Regardless of who they worship. I realize that this makes me something of an outcast in most conservative circles, but I can live with that.

For the record, I also believe that drugs should be legal, all of them.

8. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Ofcourse they do not approve of terrorism. No moderate muslim does. That does not stop it from happening though. Cleric leaders and muslim leaders do nothing its almost a shock to call them leaders. There are no leaders in the muslim religion, just scared, devoted and submissive followers. Besides, they dont really have to oppose bombings in the name of religion because its not exactly their religion that is being exploited. Islam as a whole is one religion but there are many different versions of it divided by ethnic groups who believe different parts of the quran and who interpret it differently from moderates.

Yes terrorists give islam a bad name, but the religious leaders wont speak up because extremism is not real islam, its extremism. Same goes for christianity. People take the old testeman seriously and decide to bomb abortion clinics, or hate blacks and gays, but thats not the way christianity was suppose to be interpreted, especially after the new testamen. Its not real christianity, just like extremists are not real islamic followers. They claim to be, but they really need to take another look at the quran, and try to come up with a better interpretation than the one they use. Or just not read it at all.

9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    in regard to the opening post in this thread: VERY WELL DONE!

10. MontanaJack

MontanaJack Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5

What are you stupid? The opening post gives you a list of religious leaders who have condemned terrorism, and like a retarded automaton you completely ignore it and mouth your lines.