And it begins.

Superlative

Mar 13, 2007
Violence Rages in Iraq as Sunni Bloc Leaves Cabinet

Three bomb attacks in Baghdad today killed more than 65 people, as sectarian and militant violence continued to rage in Iraq.

The Shiite-led government that is trying to cope with the violence, meanwhile, suffered a political setback today, when the largest Sunni Arab political bloc in the parliament followed through on a threat to walk out of the coalition cabinet that is trying to unify the country.

One of the bombs detonated in Baghdad today was in a car outside a popular ice cream shop in the central district of Karrada. The explosion killed at least 15 people and injured more than 35. Another attack in the neighborhood last week killed 60.

Aqeel Jassim, 18, a worker in the shop, said he was preparing ice cream ingredients when he heard a loud noise, and then saw flying steel and glass destroy the shop. “For minutes I was dizzy and my feet barely held me, then I saw my co-workers swimming in their blood and the whole place turned upside down,” he said.

“I think the explosion target was the shop customers who buy ice cream to cool themselves, because of this hot weather and because this neighborhood is safe to some extent, and, maybe, it is a Shiite neighborhood.”

That bomb went off in the morning. Several hours later, just before 2 p.m., a fuel tanker truck packed with explosives rammed a line of waiting cars at a filling station in Mansour. The resulting explosion sent a sheet of flames and black smoke 50 feet in the air, and could be heard miles away. At least 50 people were killed and 60 more were wounded in the attack, news agencies reported.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/01/world/middleeast/02baghdadcnd.html?hp

Here comes the Civil war.

Its becoming a good time to, back out of the room.

Who said that?

Here, let me check.

The Sunni Bloc leaving, is the "Official" straw.

I guess I did.

Without representation in the "Government" the Sunni's will only resort to more chaotic and violent acts.

Which can ony result in more deaths, and more violence in retaliation, which will result in more deaths.

Which I can only assume, will be labeled a civil war.

It should be fun to watch, especially with the US arming them.

Here, let me check.

I guess I did.

Without representation in the "Government" the Sunni's will only resort to more chaotic and violent acts.

Which can ony result in more deaths, and more violence in retaliation, which will result in more deaths.

Which I can only assume, will be labeled a civil war.

It should be fun to watch, especially with the US arming them.

I think thats being going on for quite awhile now---probably won't be any more "fun".

I think thats being going on for quite awhile now---probably won't be any more "fun".

Oh its been going on for a loong while.

This is the beautiful part, without proper 'Democratic representation', the actions of the Sunni's can officially be construed as the beginning of "Civil War."

Which is none the the business of th US. We're just there to rebuild and stick straws in the ground.

For the record. it was never fun.

Forum List

Back