I found a wallet

Jun 22, 2014
I Found a Wallet

I have found three wallets in my life all with varying results. The first one was just outside Mobile, AL. A friend and I were in a gas station after midnight licking our wounds from just running my Indian motorcycle off the road. A family of poor white folks pulled in and unloaded a pack of wild children all running for the bathroom. I talked to the dad as he filled his tank. After a while he reached for his wallet and started to panic and scream that he couldn’t find it. His wife said she remembered that at the last gas station he had set it on the roof of the car. He broke down and cried right then and there. On a hunch I walked over to the old Chevy and ran my hand backwards across the roof of the car to try to simulate the path the wallet would have taken if it was left on the roof of the car. My hand traveled down the rear window, across the trunk lid and onto the bumper where the wallet sat lodged in the bumper. I handed it to the man who could not have been more grateful and thankful.

The second was at a Cupid’s hot dog stand in Van Nuys, CA. I was sitting in my car eating a hot dog when a black guy got out of his car to go and get some food. As he walked by he accidentally dropped his wallet in the parking lot. He didn’t notice this and walked off. Rather than see someone take it, I took it and waited for the man to come back. I thought he would notice it missing when he went to pay for his food but he didn’t. He then casually walked back to his car with a bag of food. I looked at the driver’s license in the wallet and called out his name, let’s say Carl. He looked up at me and proclaimed that he was not Carl. He got up in my face and wanted to know why I had called him Carl. I explained that I had just found Carl’s wallet and thought it may be him. He backed down. He apologized and said he had just come from the Van Nuys Court and felt I may be an investigator from the court. He handed me a 5 and thanked me several times.

The third was in a movie theatre at Universal Studios where we were watching a screening of The Lost World. It was just for people who had worked on the movie. They had sent us a beautiful invitation to see the movie. After the movie ended I started picking up the invitations that some people had left in the theatre. There under a seat was a big fat wallet with cash overflowing. There was still a crowd of people working their way out the exit. I looked at the driver’s license and yelled out the guy’s name. I was answered with a loud WHAT ? I yelled, you lost your wallet and I have it. The guy came over to me and without a word snatched it out of my hand. He glared at me and butted his chest into mine. He raised his fist in anger and stormed out of the theatre. I am slow to anger but feel I should have said or done something. What, I don’t know…..Bruce

Those don't seem to be completely true stories Bruce. They sound like your motive is to troll for a response.

Those don't seem to be completely true stories Bruce. They sound like your motive is to troll for a response.
This is non-fiction. Just like what I was called on about a Treckie changing his name to James T. Kirk. Jim actually did this and when he was introduced to Shatner at a Trek convention, Shatner said, "Are you nuts ?".

The story blind date has a fictional part about a girl with a tail, and nobody said anything. Nobody said anything about the Bigfoot stories either so I thought I would join in.

Not looking for trolls like you Donald or the pretend John Wayne. I think my stories are entertaining. No one says you have to read them.

I've found a couple in my day. One I was able to give to the guy right away as he was in front of me and it fell out of his coat

The other I took to a police station it had $600 in cash in it and I though that was the best way to get it back to the owner.

I've found a couple in my day. One I was able to give to the guy right away as he was in front of me and it fell out of his coat

The other I took to a police station it had $600 in cash in it and I though that was the best way to get it back to the owner.
Police probably kept it.

I found two in my life I sent them by mail to the address on the driver's license. Didnt hear from the first but the second his mother tracked me down by the return address and asked where exactly I found it. She was not a happy lady but did thank me and I told her I was glad he was okay.

I've found two, and a purse as well. They all had ID in them, though the purse had obviously been stolen and looted. Somebody found my wallet one time, and I got it back a week later intact with all my cash still in it. A homeless guy found it and called me on the phone.

Forum List

Back