I forgot how to cut trim

I wrote an answer and deleted it because I was wrong. Hospital base molding corners come pre-molded. To get the corner perfect then buy a pre-molded base corner and stick it on with mastic.

I knew what you were talking about. Years ago when I was still doing field work I sometimes had to go to the hospitals and install those little desks into the walls of the rooms and whatever else. I've seen them install the rubber molding.

That brings back some fun memories. The union boss would always pull up whenever they saw me in the city, I guess they had guys camped out on the corners watching for non-union workers coming in.

He'd pull up and say sorry, Jim, you know it's nothing personal but I have to do it. Then they'd picket me. They had signs ready to go in their trunks. It was a routine thing, too. I always got in and got the work done, so I guess some money passed hands or something.

Last edited:
I wrote an answer and deleted it because I was wrong. Hospital base molding corners come pre-molded. To get the corner perfect then buy a pre-molded base corner and stick it on with mastic.

I knew what you were talking about. Years ago when I was still doing field work I sometimes had to go to the hospitals and install those little desks into the walls of the rooms and whatever else. I've seen them install the rubber molding.

That brings back some fun memories. The union boss would always pull up whenever they saw me in the city, I guess they had guys camped out on the corners watching for non-union workers coming in.

He'd pull up and say sorry, Jim, you know it's nothing personal but I have to do it. Then they'd picket me. They had signs ready to go in their trunks. It was a routine thing, too. I always got in and got the work done, so I guess some money passed hands or something.

My nickname at the major hospital was Dr. Bob that I had to accept or be ridiculed. Dr. Bob bring the C-Arm to Surgery, STAT!

Last edited:
My nickname at the major hospital was Dr. Bob that I had to accept or be ridiculed. Dr. Bob to surgery, STAT!

Oh, you're a surgeon?

Simply a maintenance man who never attended one day of medical school but know the difference between prognosis and diagnosis. I also know the difference between RAD and REM.

Last edited:
Your pic shows rubber base molding like used in a hospital but I still don't know what kind of base molding he is asking to cut. He should use a chop saw which I did not know what meant but they still hired me.

edit: After looking at your pic in depth that is pre-painted wood base molding used in fancy mansions where a table miter cut saw is the best. Always remember plumb, level and square.

Oh, I should have said crown molding. It's wood.

Here's what I'm trying to do...

Sorry for the rudimentary drawing, it's early heh.

ZZDlTCE.jpg
...or a really skinny ballerina

I found a picture of what I need to cut. So, crown molding on the ceiling and the floor with the corner mold needing cut on both ends.

Of course, the outside corners would be reverse angles, so opposite multiple cuts.

trim003.jpg

I get all dyslexic with combo cuts ,usually have to try it out on waste peices a few times. Crown isn't flat , so each piece will have to be held in position while applying the angle desired.... it's suppose to add up to 360deg.....~S~

I found a picture of what I need to cut. So, crown molding on the ceiling and the floor with the corner mold needing cut on both ends.

Of course, the outside corners would be reverse angles, so opposite multiple cuts.

trim003.jpg

I get all dyslexic with combo cuts ,usually have to try it out on waste peices a few times. Crown isn't flat , so each piece will have to be held in position while applying the angle desired.... it's suppose to add up to 360deg.....~S~

Backward words got me in trouble at HP on the 4th of July in Corvallis, Oregon. The picnic was held in the truck dock and the words on the signs were written backwards so the truck drivers could read them in the rear view mirror. I told my friend that is dyslexic and we both fell into riotous laughter looking at the signs, A weirdo thought we were laughing at him and I told him to sit back down before I knock you down.

I was a trucker..... like 40 yrs ago X ......not the best career for the dsylexic .....~S~

Truckers are not easily offended but that was Oregon. Oregonians have a different world view.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back