i find this in an ammo chest...i got no clue

hey never hurts to ask...i got no problem with that....and i do appreciate the imput...

did you do a thread on the introduction board? that is how most greet and meet on here....

i dont know seems a bit of a waste to announce ..here i am...i am an asshole who believes this or that...and has a closed mind...

some do it...some dont

Yeah, I did one. I'm on JPP a lot more than here though. I know everyone there.

Yes you are...

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I've been busy for a while, haven't been online to often. At least you had your question answered. It's what I thought it was, Namvet has it right.

no worries we all have a real life...okay most of us....i am just glad to have yall for a resource on this stuff....as i said ...i will now have to search for what should have been in that chest....the walk in closet is stacked about 5 ft deep...when i literally pulled this out of the wall of stuff...nothing moved ...it just left a hole...there are 3 walk in closets....but i have been thru two of them....of course the worst one is the one i am putting off doing...then there is "father's room" it was always called that....he only used it for storage...i really dont expect to find anything but letters there...there is a box of letters from him to my mother and her letters back to him...damn neither of them tossed anything....i just realized he hauled all those letters around with him...i know there are bolts of silk but i expect that to be dry rotted by now....

but i also expect to find more little odds and ends...

hey never hurts to ask...i got no problem with that....and i do appreciate the imput...

did you do a thread on the introduction board? that is how most greet and meet on here....

i dont know seems a bit of a waste to announce ..here i am...i am an asshole who believes this or that...and has a closed mind...

some do it...some dont

Sorry dear but Southern people sell all the items you made a claim you can not sell cause you are southern.

shhhhhhhhhhh sunshine....i know....i just dont sell land...oddly enough they arent making anymore....the guns & ammo go to the kidlet ...so they are not mine to sell...i have seen too much family stuff sold..when my grandmother died...my two worthless ho cuzs moved in and sold all her stuff...antiques

fucking crack heads....i will never forgive either of them for that...

i am really surprised my mother's brother has not called and attempted to get the guns...he tried at my father's funeral..

Ammo has a extremely long shelf life in proper conditions. Hell I have over 20k rounds and nearly 1/3 is from the 40's. It'd be fine to shoot as long as you inspect it first for any sort of noticeable defects (rust, corrosion, etc).

But if you don't wanna shoot it, I'll offer to buy it.

I would not go around announcing you have this much ammo. The Fed will find out and claim you have an arsenal even though no such law exists on any law book, raid you, steal it and even after you get a judge to order it returned refuse to do so.

little paranoid this am..sunshine....?
RGS might be right. My cousin's kid bragged about his grandfather's gun collection on MySpace and the ATF paid him a visit. My uncle had all the permits but the incident made him decide to sell the collection. He didn't want it to end up being stolen.

RGS might be right. My cousin's kid bragged about his grandfather's gun collection on MySpace and the ATF paid him a visit. My uncle had all the permits but the incident made him decide to sell the collection. He didn't want it to end up being stolen.

o damn....sorry sunshine...how big was the collection?

o damn....sorry sunshine...how big was the collection?
No idea. Probably not very big. I think he had some vintage rifles. He wasn't all that interested in it anymore so it wasn't such a bad thing. Now someone else is enjoying them.

No read the news the Federal and local authorities make those claims every time they raid some poor schmoos house and find any guns and ammo. The ATF is well known for ignoring lower Court orders to return seized weapons and ammo.

I'm pretty sure the ATF knows anyways. I call into NICS at least once every other week, and have sent them my C&R application. They have a pretty good idea of what I got.

I fear no retribution because I am open and honest. There is no cloak of deception and the correctness of my actions can only be made foul by lies. Thusly, through my public honesty, I force all those who assail me and my name to be the same; Honest.

No read the news the Federal and local authorities make those claims every time they raid some poor schmoos house and find any guns and ammo. The ATF is well known for ignoring lower Court orders to return seized weapons and ammo.

I'm pretty sure the ATF knows anyways. I call into NICS at least once every other week, and have sent them my C&R application. They have a pretty good idea of what I got.

I fear no retribution because I am open and honest. There is no cloak of deception and the correctness of my actions can only be made foul by lies. Thusly, through my public honesty, I force all those who assail me and my name to be the same; Honest.

You mean Naive, the ATF is a past master at lies and distortions of the truth. Aided and abetted by willing press stooges.

You mean Naive, the ATF is a past master at lies and distortions of the truth. Aided and abetted by willing press stooges.

My father used to collaborate with the ATF on cases. He said the same thing. Said they were a law unto their own.

I would advise going through those steamer trunks very slowly. And any books too. When my mom moved out we had a stack of books ready for goodwill when the stack toppled over and let loose a bunch of $5 and $1 bills.

and that was our third load. We found $200 in books.

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I've been busy for a while, haven't been online to often. At least you had your question answered. It's what I thought it was, Namvet has it right.

no worries we all have a real life...okay most of us....i am just glad to have yall for a resource on this stuff....as i said ...i will now have to search for what should have been in that chest....the walk in closet is stacked about 5 ft deep...when i literally pulled this out of the wall of stuff...nothing moved ...it just left a hole...there are 3 walk in closets....but i have been thru two of them....of course the worst one is the one i am putting off doing...then there is "father's room" it was always called that....he only used it for storage...i really dont expect to find anything but letters there...there is a box of letters from him to my mother and her letters back to him...damn neither of them tossed anything....i just realized he hauled all those letters around with him...i know there are bolts of silk but i expect that to be dry rotted by now....

but i also expect to find more little odds and ends...

If you find anything that looks to be a machinegun, hide it and don't tell anyone, ever. Leave it in a box with a note in it willed to someone in the family that can keep their mouth shut.
Hypothetically I might do something like I just mentioned so it's not advice, just hypothetical musings on my part.

musings are good....musings are very good....

as for the money...yeppers we have that goal later....i did a quick check and found nothing but my neighbor says he needed to leave...he is a runner for fed ex...and didnt have any cash....he said she told him she kept a bit on hand and got him 200 bucks......every pocket...every book.....every dish....o well...

What you have is called a "case oiler". It's a small contaier for holding gun oil and cleaner and is probably meant to go with either a Chinese SKS/AK or a old Japanese Arisaka rifle. I'd lean more towards the Chinese option as it's a direct copy of the Russian case oiler used with their Mosin Nagant rifles. In fact, now that I think of it, the Chinese had several million Mosins of their own.
thanks

GunsAmerica - RUSSIAN WW2 OILER - Military > Surplus Misc - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

o but the russian gun is really german.....you just have to look at the thread
Actually, this makes PERFECT SENSE!

The Chinese Nationalists, aka the Republic of China (who fought Mao and later Japan), purchased their firearms from Germany, around the time that Germany was using your G98 rifle (pictured in another thread).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-German_cooperation

Alternatively, it may be a communist piece just haphazardly thrown in with your German rifle.

Wang_and_Nazis.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back