i find this in an ammo chest...i got no clue

o but the russian gun is really german.....you just have to look at the thread

Oh that thread? I browsed at it. And true, it's a German design, but it could be a Russian capture piece. Most of the German Mausers on the market these days are Russian captures.

Of course I'm not saying the two items are related at all.

As another caveat, I'm not saying the case oiler itself is Russian, merely saying that the Russians use that exact same design.

o hell i got no clue....both came back from vietnam with my father....i assure you....none of it really matters....the rifle goes to my kidlet....this will too...we are more curious than anything else...

we didnt 'buy' any of it....more just curious as to what they are and why he kept these things....they have been locked away for at least 29 years....that is how long he has been dead.

but now i have to look for what should have been in that chest or what i tought would be in that chest...somewhere is a relocking kit...

o and what about all this ammo....i declined to try to fire it but everyone else is saying the ammo should be fine...(it has been stored 29 years too)

Ammo has a extremely long shelf life in proper conditions. Hell I have over 20k rounds and nearly 1/3 is from the 40's. It'd be fine to shoot as long as you inspect it first for any sort of noticeable defects (rust, corrosion, etc).

But if you don't wanna shoot it, I'll offer to buy it.

nooooooooooo i am not selling ammo...lol....sorry i have no clue what it is....and its goes to the kidlet....

we are southern we dont sell...guns, ammo or land....and we are damn funny about our dogs...lol

i am sorry guns...you are new here....i am basically moving stuff from my mothers home...it becomes a "what the hell is this" search at times...i am looking for certain things i remember hearing about when i was a teenager...(when dinosaurs roamed the earth)

the real mystery is the 3 steamer trunks...i say nothing but old children's clothes are in them...but who knows till we open them. we have to remove a lot of stuff just to get to them however and they are not a high priority

Well thanks for the welcome, but me being me, I can't pass up the chance for more ammo/guns. I can respect your decision though.

hey never hurts to ask...i got no problem with that....and i do appreciate the imput...

did you do a thread on the introduction board? that is how most greet and meet on here....

i dont know seems a bit of a waste to announce ..here i am...i am an asshole who believes this or that...and has a closed mind...

some do it...some dont

what is this?

i found it in an old ammo chest..it was just tossed in....it has something inside it..like grease....not sure...

but here are the pics:

it is small...fits in my hand...

front view:

IMG_2355.jpg

back view:

IMG_2357.jpg

top view:

IMG_2356.jpg

bottom view:

IMG_2358.jpg

better view of what is on it:

IMG_2359.jpg

okay here was my total bullmal answer when ask what it was:

obviously due to the two threaded caps...its something that needs to be poured and needs the 2nd cap taken off to do it...so its an oil container or grease container of some type...

again i got no clue

you should hit it with a sledge-hammer.

hey never hurts to ask...i got no problem with that....and i do appreciate the imput...

did you do a thread on the introduction board? that is how most greet and meet on here....

i dont know seems a bit of a waste to announce ..here i am...i am an asshole who believes this or that...and has a closed mind...

some do it...some dont

Yeah, I did one. I'm on JPP a lot more than here though. I know everyone there.

correct. it is a gun oiler. just got this back from 2 WW2 forums

I've got one, although the writing on mine is in Cyrillic.

It's an oil bottle for the Russian Mosin Nagant rifle. The left side holds an alkaline solution and the right holds oil.

A Soviet example:

noiozl.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese nagant rifle, same as russian dual compartment oiler, looks like, late sheeyan..

The Chinese Type 53 Carbine

oiler030.jpg

Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I've been busy for a while, haven't been online to often. At least you had your question answered. It's what I thought it was, Namvet has it right.

Forum List

Back