i find this in an ammo chest...i got no clue

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
what is this?

i found it in an old ammo chest..it was just tossed in....it has something inside it..like grease....not sure...

but here are the pics:

it is small...fits in my hand...

front view:

IMG_2355.jpg

back view:

IMG_2357.jpg

top view:

IMG_2356.jpg

bottom view:

IMG_2358.jpg

better view of what is on it:

IMG_2359.jpg

okay here was my total bullmal answer when ask what it was:

obviously due to the two threaded caps...its something that needs to be poured and needs the 2nd cap taken off to do it...so its an oil container or grease container of some type...

again i got no clue

Whatever that is, it's adorable! I hope it's not a mini grenade.

i havent even cleaned it yet....i am not sure if i should or not....hell i dont think its anything but i am not sure....it is so small..i just dont see what real use it could be....

Do the spouts pour from a single or divided chamber?

Perhaps it's an oil and vinegar canteen? For people who prefer vinaigrette to soy sauce on their sushi?

i knew someone would want a pic of something next to it....

i will do that later if ring needs it....

face it..he is the only person who will know lol i hope

Field Soy Sauce container.

bones, that may be a component to an older style gas mask. If you can magnify the object so that I can see the etchings, I may be able to help. If you take it to an Army surplus store, someone may be able to answer your question. If asked if you well sell it, that means its worth something, and my advice is to say "thanks, but no thanks". I am sure someone here will know some who can take identify it and direct you to another source of more information.

hmmm jake..thanks....i really dont take things out of the house...i am odd that way....if no one knows it will just remain a mystery till we figure it out....plus i expect a vet might know...but then again they might not...

Vietnamese uses the latin alphabet. From what i can guess it looks more Chinese than any thing, but Japanese uses Chinese characters.

All Japanese equipment had the markings "Property of the Emperor." on them. Which is the way the average soldier was expected to regard himself as well.

What you have is called a "case oiler". It's a small contaier for holding gun oil and cleaner and is probably meant to go with either a Chinese SKS/AK or a old Japanese Arisaka rifle. I'd lean more towards the Chinese option as it's a direct copy of the Russian case oiler used with their Mosin Nagant rifles. In fact, now that I think of it, the Chinese had several million Mosins of their own.

that would make sense....since it was tossed in with the ammo...and he did have a russian weapon...look at the other thread with pics of it....

thanks

Forum List

Back