I find this advertisement kind of creepy, do you?

What made the proposal special is that the guy had written a letter to the girl's dead father to ask permission to marry her....WTF......

Actually, that's a very sweet gesture.

I would only have been creepy if the father answered.

ghostbusters.jpg

Diamond rings are a scam.

But if you don't get your wife a decent ring, people will make fun of it.

And that drives sales.

I much rather would've bought a $10,000 mutual fund, S&P 500 index, and put it in my wife's name.

I just realized the video I posted is the short version of the ad. In the longer version, the girl states that her father died when she was 2 years old.

So the guy writes a letter to the girl's father, knowing that he is going to read it to her, and her father will never get the letter BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DEAD SINCE SHE WAS TWO. Also, the girl didn't get to know her father BECAUSE HE DIED WHEN SHE WAS TWO. If not creepy, at least very weird. Of course there are actors in the advertisement and the situation probably never happened and they are acting like it was romantic. If this were tried by a real guy ,it would be weird and creepy.

In a Jared Jewelry advertisement, a couple is telling us about the groom's wedding proposal to his now fiancee. What made the proposal special is that the guy had written a letter to the girl's dead father to ask permission to marry her....WTF......

Is this creepy or what? I know the ad is putting a romantic spin on it, but give me a break. Will they have the wedding now without the father's permission?

Yeah that is a little weird.

I just realized the video I posted is the short version of the ad. In the longer version, the girl states that her father died when she was 2 years old.

So the guy writes a letter to the girl's father, knowing that he is going to read it to her, and her father will never get the letter BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DEAD SINCE SHE WAS TWO. Also, the girl didn't get to know her father BECAUSE HE DIED WHEN SHE WAS TWO. If not creepy, at least very weird. Of course there are actors in the advertisement and the situation probably never happened and they are acting like it was romantic. If this were tried by a real guy ,it would be weird and creepy.
Small correction. In the longer ad, it's the dude that says her father dierd when she was two.

In a Jared Jewelry advertisement, a couple is telling us about the groom's wedding proposal to his now fiancee. What made the proposal special is that the guy had written a letter to the girl's dead father to ask permission to marry her....WTF......

Is this creepy or what? I know the ad is putting a romantic spin on it, but give me a break. Will they have the wedding now without the father's permission?

Yep. It's ultimately voyeuristic. Welcome to "reality" culture.

Forum List

Back