I Feel Like A Kid Again

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
That's because this upcoming week my fiancée and I are going roller skating together!!! :D I remember that I used to have skating parties when I was a kid. I'm afraid that I'm going to be a bit rusty though and wind up on my butt several times. 🤣 How long has it been since you guys gone if ever? Are you good at it or not? I sure would like to hear your stories. :)

• Banned
Closest I ever came to a pair of skates was listening to this song.

I remember that song and yeah there's a roller rink right by where we live. I remember this commercial too.

• Banned
Break a leg!

No, seriously.

Only a filthy rotten democrat like you can make a fun thread like skating into a flame war. GFY. No seriously, because I don't think that anybody else wants to.

Back in the day I'd go to the rink with friends every once in awhile. It was a good time.

I went a few times, but mostly to wink at the cute boys.

Bad drivers in cars and bad drivers in skates give me the willies.

Only a filthy rotten democrat like you can make a fun thread like skating into a flame war. GFY. No seriously, because I don't think that anybody else wants to.

Put him on ignore.

That'll learn him!

Sure showed ME the error of my ways, I tell ya.

That's because this upcoming week my fiancée and I are going roller skating together!!! :D I remember that I used to have skating parties when I was a kid. I'm afraid that I'm going to be a bit rusty though and wind up on my butt several times. 🤣 How long has it been since you guys gone if ever? Are you good at it or not? I sure would like to hear your stories. :)
My 19 year old daughter just bought a pair of old-fashioned roller skates. She loves roller skating.

I never tried roller skating, but I used to ice skate a lot. The thing to remember is to bend your knees, crouch a little bit, lean forward slightly and keep your center of balance UNDER you!

Well I wasn't sure if this was a local place or not but looks like it isn't so I can say that I'm going to Round 1 now. I'm also going to try my hand at some karaoke. ;)

30 year old asses don't take hard landings as well as 10 year old asses.

Just sayin
O lawd, my ex's niece talked us into going roller skating on roller disco night. She fell and broke her arm. :(

Yeah, that was like a 2-month ordeal. I did not like that.

Days niece had to take care of her? 0

Days I had to take care of her? Like 65. grrr!

Well I wasn't sure if this was a local place or not but looks like it isn't so I can say that I'm going to Round 1 now. I'm also going to try my hand at some karaoke. ;)
Karaoke is addictive. That first genuine round of applause and I was hooked. That was 25 years ago. Turns out I have a pretty impressive singing voice.

I had the afro, the polyester slacks, the shiny shirt and the skills. I was badass. Then my parents moved to a town with no roller rink.
That must have been 1 small town.

I can remember skating to "YMCA" at a roller rink in quite a small town.

Not sure what the population is, but I bet it's less than my old neighborhood. (which was kinda like a small town in a big city)

My old neighborhood = about 10k.

Everybody knows everybody and everything, whether it's the truth or not.

Oh yeah, it's still less than my old neighborhood.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back