I feel bad for Monica

How would you like to never be able to live down the stupid affair you had when you were 22?

... while the sexual predator Bill Clinton is feted as one of the best leaders this country has ever had.

Clinton continues to be the symbol of those who claim to care about women, rape victims, sexual harassment victims, etc., but who don't care nearly as much about vulnerable women as they want the world to believe.

Why do you feel bad for her?

Because she didn't swallow?

You don't think I don't know what it's like to have a bad reputation? I am a single mom. I wasn't even with my son's father when he was born. That doesn't happen in my family, plus society isn't very objective either.
I have no one to blame but myself. I don't think I was taken advantage of. Monica needs to own her mistakes and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Nevertheless, shouldn't the most powerful man in America be "man" (married man) enough to keep his zipper in the up position and be respectful of young women (even if they aren't necessarily worthy of respect)? Clinton needs to "own" his half of the incident and should have been man enough to admit his error in judgment instead of outright lying to the American people. As stupid and irresponsible as a horny 22 intern might be the much greater responsibility falls on a mature man who was elected to the highest seat in the nation by the American people. He should have had enough self-restraint to keep his small head from doing all the "thinking."

Mature man or not, they always think with their dick. ;)

How would you like to never be able to live down the stupid affair you had when you were 22?

... while the sexual predator Bill Clinton is feted as one of the best leaders this country has ever had.

Clinton continues to be the symbol of those who claim to care about women, rape victims, sexual harassment victims, etc., but who don't care nearly as much about vulnerable women as they want the world to believe.

Well, yeah, it was a tragedy that Ken Starr Spent 70 million dollars sniffing her panties.

Clinton could have just told the truth ad saved the tax payer $70 million. as usual you libs put the blame on the wrong party.

That bill goes to Star. We didn't need to have such a investigation into a blow Job. Sorry.

That's a matter of opinion. How can the American people expect honesty from a leader who can't even be honest with his own wife.

Presidents have been cheating on their wives since the 1700s. ;)
It has nothing to do with the office.

Well, yeah, it was a tragedy that Ken Starr Spent 70 million dollars sniffing her panties.

Clinton could have just told the truth ad saved the tax payer $70 million. as usual you libs put the blame on the wrong party.

Uh, no. The question never should have been asked. It wasn't relevent to the case it was asked in.

And it was kind of hypocritical for the guys who were chasing Clinton had mistresses of their own. (Gingrich, Livingstone).

That's a matter of opinion. How can the American people expect honesty from a leader who can't even be honest with his own wife.

Presidents have been cheating on their wives since the 1700s. ;)
It has nothing to do with the office.

It has something to do with character.

oh well--perhaps it is my personal issue.

I don't really care about Monica. I mean I feel bad that she is still paying for her mistake. That was a consensual arrangement. AND what was hysterical about the whole deal was the Republican Newt Gringrich. He was carrying on an affair at the same time.

If your're looking for a former Democratic president with a sexual history to be damned then Grover Cleveland is your man. He was a little rapey.

Newt didn't organize a campaign to trash her as a crazed stalker, just sayin'.

Sure he did. In fact, you're attempting to use her as a political weapon now. Just sayin'!

Yes, he was a good leader in many ways but was way wrong with Monica. His entire pattern to the end of Monica's infatuation with him was one of sexual predation.

Monica's history of emotional predation and narcissism was also well documented.

I hope they both have learned life lessons.

He didn't learn shit except that he was charming enough to wiggle his way out of the mess.

Clinton really is a scumbag, and lest we forget he was impeached for perjuring himself about previous sexual abuse. And now look at him, he's some darling elder statesman with an "Aw shucks, Ma'am" schtick that people just lap up.

It's a sick celebrity culture in today's world. Really unsettling.

Yup, perhaps to you, but Americans overwhelmingly like the Clintons.
They are liked world wide.

She takes full responsibility for her actions, folks.

That's good. She made mistakes. She has had consequences. She takes responsibility.

That doesn't make it right that the lech is treated like a great man.

He's not. I would lay money that all the reasons that he is disliked by the right (sex, wife running for president possibly) are not the same as the left (repeal Glass-Steagall, welfare reform, NAFTA). Which is really funny all things considered.

Yeah it IS a heavy load to carry I suppose.

But she was 22 and she was a powerwhore so really...how sorry are we supposed to be for her?

I'm guessing if Bill Clinton had been a nobody, she'd have never gotten involved with him.

What do you think?

Was she a victim?

I don't feel sorry for Lewinsky. She revelled in the role of the President's mistress and in the celebrity she achieved when it went public.

As for her age, by the time I was 22, I was married and buying my first house and I would never have had an affair with married man.

Monica took her knee pads to Washington and got just what she went there to find. Now she's crying victim because she never considered what the consequences might be.

I want to say Bill Clinton is not a sexual predator, he's a sexual opportunist. He uses the opportunities which present themselves, he doesn't stalk women or coerce them in any way. This is no small distinction. It's still hell for the wife of such a man, but the women he has sex with aren't "victims", they're quite willing.

I don't see why the affair was anybody's business but Hillary's in the first place.

Then you weren't paying attention at the time.

I don't feel sorry for Lewinsky. She revelled in the role of the President's mistress and in the celebrity she achieved when it went public.

As for her age, by the time I was 22, I was married and buying my first house and I would never have had an affair with married man.

Monica took her knee pads to Washington and got just what she went there to find. Now she's crying victim because she never considered what the consequences might be.

I want to say Bill Clinton is not a sexual predator, he's a sexual opportunist. He uses the opportunities which present themselves, he doesn't stalk women or coerce them in any way. This is no small distinction. It's still hell for the wife of such a man, but the women he has sex with aren't "victims", they're quite willing.

I agree. Victims of sexual assault do not pose for Playboy, do paid interviews, advertise themselves, and try to get as much money and notoriety out of the situation as possible. They don't publicize themselves and try to turn their assault into some kind of celebrity career. I am referring to all of the women who claimed they were victims of Clinton. As Dragonlady says, he was an opportunist, not a predator. And the women were opportunists as well. In addition, they demean all women who really have been victims of sexual assault.

Last edited:
You don't think I don't know what it's like to have a bad reputation? I am a single mom. I wasn't even with my son's father when he was born. That doesn't happen in my family, plus society isn't very objective either.
I have no one to blame but myself. I don't think I was taken advantage of. Monica needs to own her mistakes and move on.

Nevertheless, shouldn't the most powerful man in America be "man" (married man) enough to keep his zipper in the up position and be respectful of young women (even if they aren't necessarily worthy of respect)? Clinton needs to "own" his half of the incident and should have been man enough to admit his error in judgment instead of outright lying to the American people. As stupid and irresponsible as a horny 22 intern might be the much greater responsibility falls on a mature man who was elected to the highest seat in the nation by the American people. He should have had enough self-restraint to keep his small head from doing all the "thinking."

No excuse for a sitting President! Most Presidents have more self-control. Shouldn't self-control be a prerequisite for the Presidency of the United States of America?

I can guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if the President had been a conservative the Libs would be slobbering all over themselves and blabbing endless accusations but because the predator happened to be a Democrat they look the other way and come up with excuse after excuse. Typical leftist hypocrisy.

I feel bad for Monica
Aw, don't feel sad. Monica made much more for that BJ than all the whores in the U.S. for slobbing knobs. The cons are paying her very well, and her book will make her million$ more. She's the most famous slut in the world!

No excuse for a sitting President! Most Presidents have more self-control. Shouldn't self-control be a prerequisite for the Presidency of the United States of America?

I can guarantee you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if the President had been a conservative the Libs would be slobbering all over themselves and blabbing endless accusations but because the predator happened to be a Democrat they look the other way and come up with excuse after excuse. Typical leftist hypocrisy.

More presidents have self control? :lol:
You funny! And no hypocrisy is you claiming most presidents had more self control, or is it being delusional? Either way.

I don't see why the affair was anybody's business but Hillary's in the first place.

Then you weren't paying attention at the time.

What it there to know? Two consenting adults had sex. As far as I know that's not a crime. People have affairs all the time without having their actions broadcast in the national news. He probably isn't the first President to do so. If a political party wants to take out a President on charges that can be substantiated then let them do so. As far as I can see no law was broken with Ms. Lewinsky. We all know politicians lie. Any Married man caught cheating will make excuses to avoid the wrath of his wife. So why was it anybody elses business but Monica's, Hillary's and Bill's?

I have always felt she paid the price for his transgression.

And the bill still hasn't been paid in full.

We, as a nation, shared that teachable moment.

And roughly half of us are still ignorant

America.

For better or worse.

I have always felt she paid the price for his transgression.

And the bill still hasn't been paid in full.

We, as a nation, shared that teachable moment.

And roughly half of us are still ignorant

America.

For better or worse.

well--I suppose I am a dinosaur--does this not matter?

<Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:— “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”>

I infer that the person who pledges to preserve and protect would recognize all that is entailed.

no need to waste more words---character.

I can push this unsavory chapter to the darkest recesses of my mind--when it is brought to light again--it is just as unsettling. If I know 'ordinary' people who would not allow themselves to make such a choice--then The Leader of the Free World should be able have even greater perspective or regard for those who place their trust in him.

'Trust'---guess that is not a big deal these days.

I don't care who else did or didn't do this or something worse.

Forum List

Back