I Don't Think Many Of You Know What "Confronted" Means

You can't "confront" someone if you're actively trying to get away from them.

When and if they catch up with you after pursuing you, you aren't "confronting" them when you stand your ground.

What we have here is a case of standing your ground, and a criminal then gunning down the lawful citizen who was rightfully standing their ground.

Zimmerman is toast...TOAST I said!

You would convict someone without seeing any of the evidence. I am sure of that.
When the alleged victim is black.
I prefer to see all of the evidence and any witnesses before I reach a conclusion that a defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Something about The United States Constitution that clearly states Zimmerman is PRESUMED innocent.
I know the presumption of innocence is a difficult standard to comprehend when one's judgment is clearly grounded with prejudices and bias be they black or white.
I saw this in the 60s with whites and now I see it with blacks.

Well in order to see all the evidence, in the United States we first arrest and charge someone.

Except in this case, of course, we didn't arrest or charge someone. We did, however, drug test the dead body.
You better have probable cause! There's this thing called the Constitution, here. It's pretty important.

When and if they catch up with you after pursuing you, you aren't "confronting" them when you stand your ground.

What we have here is a case of standing your ground, and a criminal then gunning down the lawful citizen who was rightfully standing their ground.

Who used the word 'confront' with regard to this case?

Sure you can.

con·front/kənˈfrənt/
Verb:

1. Meet (someone) face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.
2. Face up to and deal with (a problem or difficult situation).

Leave it to you. You just proved Marc's point. When you are trying to get away from someone you do not do either of those things!!!

You would convict someone without seeing any of the evidence. I am sure of that.
I prefer to see all of the evidence and any witnesses before I reach a conclusion that a defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Something about The United States Constitution that clearly states Zimmerman is PRESUMED innocent.
I know the presumption of innocence is a difficult standard to comprehend when one's judgment is clearly grounded with prejudices and bias be they black or white.

Well in order to see all the evidence, in the United States we first arrest and charge someone.

Except in this case, of course, we didn't arrest or charge someone. We did, however, drug test the dead body.

you do not know what the DA is doing.
Dont be so quick to judge.
Drug testing the victim was important. Not to make the kid the issue, but to clear the kid of being the issue....I am sure it was done to put the onus on the attacker.

I DO know what the police department did - they didn't make an arrest, took the word of a guy who had just shot someone in cold blood, failed to contact the parents of the kid for 48 hours and failed to review phone records.

Drug testing the victim was important. Not to make the kid the issue, but to clear the kid of being the issue....I am sure it was done to put the onus on the attacker.
Except the police department never used it in that manner. This kid was killed almost a month ago.

The reports say Zimmerman was attacked and had a bad bruise on his face from being hit in the face with a soda can. A witness said the young man was on top of him beating the older man. That tells you the kid wasn't innocent in this either and there was a confrontation.

Did he deserve to be killed? Hell no. Zimmerman was playing cop and started the whole thing. He should get charged with manslaughter at the very least as well as with any other charges they can get him on.

You better have probable cause! There's this thing called the Constitution, here. It's pretty important.

Probable cause to make an arrest? I'm pretty sure a man admitting he shot someone is probable cause for arrest and questioning.

Right and that's what judges and juries are for. The Sanford Police Department is not judge/jury/executioner yet they are essentially wielding judicial authority by refusing to arrest Zimmerman. If Zimmerman wants to assert an affirmative defense via Florida's Stand Your Ground law, the burden of proof is on him to present his case at a legal hearing before a judge. But there is no judge right now and there is no case because the SPD has refused to arrest/charge him; they've essentially made their own judicial ruling and unilaterally dismissed all potential charges without having proper authority to do so. Sanford Florida isn't Nazi Germany so its police department shouldn't be operating like the Gestapo.

My guess is he has not been arrrested yet becuase a charge has not been determined. Will it be murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, etc.

Furthermore, they are also probably trying to determine if they have a case of a racially motivated crime....did race play a role in his decision to scout the poor kid out.

Once they charge him, they have to prove the charge....so to charge hiim too early may result in a botched prosecution.

The guy is innocent until proven guilty....but based on what I have heard...again, third hand information.....this attack was unwarranted.

Race? Almost certainly! He (Zimmerman) calls the Kid a fucking Coon on the 911 tape.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNI5CA5jijw]Trayvon Martin 911 Call - Did George Zimmerman Say 'F*ng Coons'? - YouTube[/ame]

Presumption of innocence means that an accused must be granted a trial before he can be judicially punished. It doesn't mean that you need to have a trial to prove their guilt before you can arrest and charge them.

What evidence would you like to see? Have you seen enough evidence to be convinced that Zimmerman shot the kid? Have you seen enough evidence to be convinced that the kid died from the shooting? Have you seen enough evidence to be convinced that Zimmerman pursued the kid? What more do you need?

No, presumption of innocence means that The Judge charges the jury AFTER THE TRIAL before jury proceedings that the defendant is PRESUMED INNOCENT and the prosecution must prove the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Nothing close to what you just posted.
With all due respect to you also, you do not have a clue what you are talking about either.

The presumption of innocence is tied with the due process clause. The due process clause is a fundamental tenet of the criminal law and is contained in Florida statutes.

A jury charge by The Judge, a presumption of innocence instruction to the jury after the evidence and closjng arguments before the case goes to the jury, is mandated because jurors may be in danger of convicting the defendant on the basis of EXTRANEOUS CIRCUMSTANCES, as this case is full of it as evidenced here, RATHER THAN THE FACTS OF THE CASE.

Thank God we have The Constitution. You folks have no clue about criminal proceedings.

EXACTLY, as this young man that was killed ALSO should receive fairness.
Even more so as he is dead.
Watch the system work and watch an arrest if this kid was unarmed and not doing anything such as attacking the shooter. There has to be physical attack on the shooter for a self defense defense to work on most juries. "In fear of my life" is the standard in Florida and most states but that does not hold any water here because the shooter was armed and the victim was apparently not.
Amazing that folks here go by media reports to base their judgment on guilt or innocence at this stage.
To date NO ONE knows the evidence. Just because someone is dead is no evidence of murder. This could be self defense or it could 1st degree murder.
Unbelievable.

I think the guy is guilty of murder. It also sounded like the kid was whipping the shit out of a wannabe super cop. Zimmerman was told to stop by a 911 operator, he did not. He instigated this and he should be held accountable for his part. Then you have the cowards and scum who go straight to race. They dont make it any better. Wonder how much money they are making on this poor kids death.
Who's making money out of this and how?

Thanks.

No one.

So why did that poster say people are making money then?

you know....funny thing.

Now that I have Shaman on my ignore list, the threads seem so much shorter.

Sadly, it wont bring back the poor kid.
Someone's gotta pay.

No one....in their right-mind....is gonna blow-away some kid....just for walking.

And, I can't believe there aren't others who've been leery o' this John-Wayne-wannabe....who wouldn't mind seeing him relocated from the neighborhood.

florida-state-prison.jpg

Hell....he's already paid his entrance-fee.​

Last edited:

Pay attention ditz...a lot of your fellow righties have been using the word "confront" in regards to the victim being the one who confronted the killer then ended up being shot to death.

Pay, a damn, tention.

Pay attention ditz...a lot of your fellow righties have been using the word "confront" in regards to the victim being the one who confronted the killer then ended up being shot to death.

Pay, a damn, tention.

No tolerance for a simple question asked?

It was a valid question......and you felt the need to ridicule her for asking it

Forum List

Back