Zone1 i do wonder why the US can't just properly police their borders.

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
i do wonder why the US can't just properly police their own borders.
maybe they need to bring in the military..?

and you'd have to be willing (by real necessity) to cap the yearly (semi-)legal immigration rate,
based on scientific and bean counter analysis of what type of worker the US needs and can't get for some reason,
as well as fine-tune the legal and semi-legal immigration laws based on the type of immigrants that get caught (and treated humanely, by yes, the US military and borderguards).

you'd also just plainly have to ship immigrants that don't meet your standards back to their country of origin.

and finally, you'd need to buy ads time in many South-American and Central-American and Africa and on national TV of China,
that explains briefly why America just can't accept new immigrants, or : what the requirements for legal immigration are,
AND that anyone found unsuitable will be shipped back to their country of origin.

Last edited:
Two main reasons:
1. The American economy badly needs cheap unqualified labor from Mexico and Central America.

2. Stopping illegal migration from the South means nothing less than bringing the Army there and starting to shoot out the migrants that try to cross the border.

Two main reasons:
1. The American economy badly needs cheap unqualified labor from Mexico and Central America.

2. Stopping illegal migration from the South means nothing less than bringing the Army there and starting to shoot out the migrants that try to cross the border.
Or America simply doesn't want to stop them!

I do believe the debate has come full circle and Trump's supporters are learning why Trump is out of tune with the R party!

Neither were Hitler's easy answers all that great when attempts were made to apply the answers to the questions.

and you'd have to be willing (by real necessity) to cap the yearly (semi-)legal immigration rate,
based on scientific and bean counter analysis of what type of worker the US needs and can't get for some reason,
as well as fine-tune the legal and semi-legal immigration laws based on the type of immigrants that get caught (and treated humanely, by yes, the US military and borderguards).

you'd also just plainly have to ship immigrants that don't meet your standards back to their country of origin.

and finally, you'd need to buy ads time in many South-American and Central-American and Africa and on national TV of China,
that explains briefly why America just can't accept new immigrants, or : what the requirements for legal immigration are,
AND that anyone found unsuitable will be shipped back to their country of origin.
We are a sharply divided nation

Neither side of the illegal alien/refugee asylum issue is strong enough to enact their plan so we do nothing

Simple.
There is a new religion across the globe. And America is the center of that religion.
It is called "Virtue Signaling".

And they have become very organized. They are sponsored by nearly every news media and entertainment media. They shine their little virtue signals every chance they get to show that they are better than those evil bastards called conservatives.

They will openly tolerate vast numbers of illegal immigrants to show they are a team player. They will show their support anyway they can. And the politicians took notice. So they HAD to join the team too.
So now, no one is going to secure the border, because if they do - a few 100,000,000 virtue signalers will be streaming their heads off about it.

Big Business will not allow Congress to do anything that would actually make a difference.

Simple.
There is a new religion across the globe. And America is the center of that religion.
It is called "Virtue Signaling".

And they have become very organized. They are sponsored by nearly every news media and entertainment media. They shine their little virtue signals every chance they get to show that they are better than those evil bastards called conservatives.

They will openly tolerate vast numbers of illegal immigrants to show they are a team player. They will show their support anyway they can. And the politicians took notice. So they HAD to join the team too.
So now, no one is going to secure the border, because if they do - a few 100,000,000 virtue signalers will be streaming their heads off about it.
just implement a propaganda campaign then.

Two main reasons:

a proper fence can be secured, humanely even, when one just puts plenty of troops in the border regions.

Because it doesn't want to. Here's an example; in Florida Ron Desantis began a policy that employers would be punished for hiring illegal immigrants. In the weeks afterwards him and his political allies went out of their way swearing to people on their hands and knees that they would never enforce this policy. Why do you think that is?

Two main reasons:

53973.jpg

^

A gigantic mountain of nonsense typed by someone who refuses to accept the reality that america did not and does not deport millions of hispanics crossing their borders in the last 60 years because after WWII the country underwent an ideological change in its self-definition as a nation:

From a white nation that was part and parcel of the western, european civilization to a "multiracial" nation, in one of the most absurd, insane, suicidal transformations ever seen in the entire history of nation states.

Last edited:
Two main reasons:

1. We need to drink water too, but if we drink 10 gallons a day we will die.

2. False. We need the military to confront the Drug Cartels who are a para-military organization. They must be declared a terrorist organization so we can bring the necessary resources to confront them.

Two main reasons:

53973.jpg

^

A gigantic mountain of nonsense typed by someone who refuses to accept the reality that america did not and does not deport millions of hispanics crossing their borders in the last 60 years because after WWII the country underwent an ideological change in its self-definition as a nation:

From a white nation that was part and parcel of the western, european civilization to a "multiracial" nation, in one of the most absurd, insane, suicidal transformations ever seen in the entire history of nation states.
going to a multi-racial arrangment in a country is often times NOT an insane project.
it does need immigration filtration systems, and free yet compulsory language and legal courses,
but it's a badge of honor for any country and usually ends up providing that country with for instance mom-and-pop foreign cuisine shops.

my own country is an example of a multi-cultural country,
and i find it a very pleasant set of circumstances.

2. False. We need the military to confront the Drug Cartels who are a para-military organization. They must be declared a terrorist organization so we can bring the necessary resources to confront them.
maybe not label them a 'terrorist org', but a 'threat to the US population' instead?

a proper fence can be secured, humanely even, when one just puts plenty of troops in the border regions.
My post contained two components, and those components equally matter. Remove the economic basis for illegal migration, and you may not need anything else.

Maybe the fence will be built at one point. And maybe it will help to solve the issue. I don't know, the time will show.

There is one another aspect, I didn't mention above but it plays maybe the most important role. I think that 'Mexicanization' of some states is inevitable. The vast swathes of what is now American land belonged to Mexico, and what is happening now is just a natural process of turning the tide. At one point they will just stop assimilating. I don't say they will inevitably want to secede or start something like a civil war or something. But it is quite likely that alongside with red, blue and purple states the US political map will see another color.

1. Yes, those migrants want to bring their wives, kids, and numerous relatives with them or after a while. It is quite likely they will want to stay in the US forever and will do everything for that.

2. I am all for that. But here, you mix up two close but not the same issues - drug cartels and migration from Latin America to the US.

Forum List

Back