I do not blame Wilson. Worst play call in the history OF SPORTS.

Another thing to consider is that
Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch isn’t a sure thing from the 1-yard line
Over his career, Lynch has had 36 carries from the opponent’s 1-yard line. More often than not, he didn’t reach the end zone. He scored on 15 of those carries, or 41.7 percent of the time. On 12 of those carries, he did not gain a yard. On nine of them, he lost yardage.
So maybe the play call was not as bad as the actual pass attempt.

Seahawks 8217 Marshawn Lynch isn 8217 t exactly money from the 1-yard line - The Washington Post

That is very interesting. So it wasn't a guaranteed touchdown if he ran the ball after all.

It is not that they passed, although I would have certainly ran Lynch. It is the pass play that was called with a short QB.

If they are going to pass, I personally think a play action to Lynch and bootleg would be the call. Takes advantage of a few things. One, the entire Pats defense was anticipating Lynch. They were gassed at that time of the game. I do not think they would have been able to touch Wilson and IF he gets around the end, it is a TD. Whether by pass or by run.

I am thinking that from 1 yard you have to consider the Pats were ranked either 31st or 32nd in the NFL against short yardage and you have beast.

Throwing a slant in the middle with a short QB lends itself to too many bad possibilities. I do not think it was a horrible throw. Sometimes interceptions are actually about the DB making a great play. Butler, made a great play. Have to give it to him. He jumped it, and it was not a situation where Wilson has to read him. It is a bang bang play. There is no "read."

I have heard Cris Carter say Wilson needed to throw the ball low. Well, look at the play. If he throws the ball low, it goes into the back of the guard or the tackle. Consider the height of Wilson.

It was an asinine call, cause it put too much risk. Unnecessary risk.

Another thing to consider is that
Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch isn’t a sure thing from the 1-yard line
Over his career, Lynch has had 36 carries from the opponent’s 1-yard line. More often than not, he didn’t reach the end zone. He scored on 15 of those carries, or 41.7 percent of the time. On 12 of those carries, he did not gain a yard. On nine of them, he lost yardage.
So maybe the play call was not as bad as the actual pass attempt.

Seahawks 8217 Marshawn Lynch isn 8217 t exactly money from the 1-yard line - The Washington Post

That is very interesting. So it wasn't a guaranteed touchdown if he ran the ball after all.

It is not that they passed, although I would have certainly ran Lynch. It is the pass play that was called with a short QB.

If they are going to pass, I personally think a play action to Lynch and bootleg would be the call. Takes advantage of a few things. One, the entire Pats defense was anticipating Lynch. They were gassed at that time of the game. I do not think they would have been able to touch Wilson and IF he gets around the end, it is a TD. Whether by pass or by run.

I am thinking that from 1 yard you have to consider the Pats were ranked either 31st or 32nd in the NFL against short yardage and you have beast.

Throwing a slant in the middle with a short QB lends itself to too many bad possibilities. I do not think it was a horrible throw. Sometimes interceptions are actually about the DB making a great play. Butler, made a great play. Have to give it to him. He jumped it, and it was not a situation where Wilson has to read him. It is a bang bang play. There is no "read."

I have heard Cris Carter say Wilson needed to throw the ball low. Well, look at the play. If he throws the ball low, it goes into the back of the guard or the tackle. Consider the height of Wilson.

It was an asinine call, cause it put too much risk. Unnecessary risk.

Well, apparently the coach didn't think so.

"I do not blame Wilson. Worst play call in the history OF SPORTS."

The more I think about it my reaction needs to be adjusted. It was NOT the worst call ever. It was the worst TIME ever to have a play fail in that fashion. Nobody CHOKED. Our receiver COULD have made a
better effort for the ball but the DB #21 Butler made a fantastic break on the ball and hit our receiver #83 with his shoulder as the ball arrived making it impossible to even reach out and prevent the interception. The DB's timing was perfect. If he had arrived a fraction of a second earlier he would have been flagged for pass interference. It was just an exceptional play by the Patriots much more than a bad play by the Hawks.

If the very same play had occurred say in the third qtr nobody would say it was the worst call or throw. Seattle intercepted a Tom Brady pass in the first qtr on the same goal line. THAT pass was HORRIBLE! Nobody even brings it up.

Any play or series of plays starting on the one yard line 2nd down with only 30 seconds in the game had better not fail or the offense of that team will be criticized. If Lynch had tried to run it in and lost yardage everyone would be screaming their heads off. It wasn't THE CALL...it was an opportunity to win from the one yard line with 30 seconds left on the clock.

The more I think about it my reaction needs to be adjusted. It was NOT the worst call ever. It was the worst TIME ever to have a play fail in that fashion. Nobody CHOKED. Our receiver COULD have made a
better effort for the ball but the DB #21 Butler made a fantastic break on the ball and hit our receiver #83 with his shoulder as the ball arrived making it impossible to even reach out and prevent the interception. The DB's timing was perfect. If he had arrived a fraction of a second earlier he would have been flagged for pass interference. It was just an exceptional play by the Patriots much more than a bad play by the Hawks.

If the very same play had occurred say in the third qtr nobody would say it was the worst call or throw. Seattle intercepted a Tom Brady pass in the first qtr on the same goal line. THAT pass was HORRIBLE! Nobody even brings it up.

Any play or series of plays starting on the one yard line 2nd down with only 30 seconds in the game had better not fail or the offense of that team will be criticized. If Lynch had tried to run it in and lost yardage everyone would be screaming their heads off. It wasn't THE CALL...it was an opportunity to win from the one yard line with 30 seconds left on the clock.

My problem with the call was not the fact that they called a pass, but the risk involved in where it was thrown. Throwing in traffic leaves you open to a deflected pass, a bobble, a fumble and yes, an outright interception

Wilson is the best running QB in the game. With everyone looking for Lynch to get the ball, a play action would have frozen the D and allowed Wilson to roll out and either run it in or float a pass to the back of the endzone

My problem with the call was not the fact that they called a pass, but the risk involved in where it was thrown. Throwing in traffic leaves you open to a deflected pass, a bobble, a fumble and yes, an outright interception

Wilson is the best running QB in the game. With everyone looking for Lynch to get the ball, a play action would have frozen the D and allowed Wilson to roll out and either run it in or float a pass to the back of the endzone

Short over the middle pass was a bad pass by Russell Wilson. He made a bad decision and paid the price.

Seattle had a 10 point lead with just over 8 minutes to go and couldn't hold on. Down by 4 with just over 2 minutes and couldn't pull out a victory. The Seattle fans were all laughing about Marino and Manning being chokers and comeback QBs. LOL!

If Lynch had tried to run it in and lost yardage everyone would be screaming their heads off. It wasn't THE CALL...it was an opportunity to win from the one yard line with 30 seconds left on the clock.
Lynch might have been stopped once from the one, but it's not likely he would have been stopped on two or three attempts from one yard out. Maybe Party Pete allowed politics to color his call?

Short over the middle pass was a bad pass by Russell Wilson. He made a bad decision and paid the price.

Seattle had a 10 point lead with just over 8 minutes to go and couldn't hold on. Down by 4 with just over 2 minutes and couldn't pull out a victory. The Seattle fans were all laughing about Marino and Manning being chokers and comeback QBs. LOL!

People forget about the biggest choke by Seattle. The interception was just the final nail in the coffin

The great Seattle defense was being touted as one of the greatest of all time. They have a 10 point lead and eight minutes left in the game and they could not seal the deal. Sherman was celebrating and taunting on the sideline about how the game was over...nobody told Brady

THAT was their choke

If Lynch had tried to run it in and lost yardage everyone would be screaming their heads off. It wasn't THE CALL...it was an opportunity to win from the one yard line with 30 seconds left on the clock.
Lynch might have been stopped once from the one, but it's not likely he would have been stopped on two or three attempts from one yard out. Maybe Party Pete allowed politics to color his call?

That is right, however the pass should have a) been caught b) went incomplete.

I would not have thought Wilson would have tried to force the play.

Seattle would have had either a TD, or an incomplete pass, and 20 seconds and two plays to go one yard.

Wilson made a dumb pass, he should have throw it away.

People forget about the biggest choke by Seattle. The interception was just the final nail in the coffin

The great Seattle defense was being touted as one of the greatest of all time. They have a 10 point lead and eight minutes left in the game and they could not seal the deal. Sherman was celebrating and taunting on the sideline about how the game was over...nobody told Brady

THAT was their choke
That impossible catch might have made Seattle think it was destiny and they thought it was a given they would score.

THAT was their choke
That impossible catch might have made Seattle think it was destiny and they thought it was a given they would score.

I thought it was a given too

THAT was their choke

Lol. Well that would be dumb as hell.

If what I suspect is true? I could not possibly imagine how the Seahawks players are feeling right now. I feel a great deal of compassion for them. They worked hard to get to the Superbowl and for them to have their own coach and owner throw the game? Wow.
Get a grip retard.

You sound more idiotic than usual. ..... :cuckoo:

dude he is right that the coach threw the game.not pretty idiotic at all considering his checkered history at USC.

If what I suspect is true? I could not possibly imagine how the Seahawks players are feeling right now. I feel a great deal of compassion for them. They worked hard to get to the Superbowl and for them to have their own coach and owner throw the game? Wow.
Get a grip retard.

You sound more idiotic than usual. ..... :cuckoo:

dude he is right that the coach threw the game.not pretty idiotic at all considering his checkered history at USC.
Lol! It wasn't thrown, look at the game situation and it makes sense of course that is where you and logic fail.
Oh and I know your response. lol!
Loser.

They have a time out, 26 seconds from the one yard line. The Pats and Belichick mysteriously not calling a time out. Basically representing that they are going to let them score, keep their time outs for Brady to have a shot to get into FG range.

Hey Carroll, double tight ends, run it 3 times from one yard with beast. Not really hard and no time to call for a pass into the center where ALL THE FUCKING DEFENDERS ARE.

Holy shit. It was not a bad pass, it was a good play by the DB. Wilson was not off target, the DB jumped the route.

Has to be the stupidest play call in the history of sports. Not the super bowl. Not in football. In all of sports. Considering the situation, what the other team is representing, and what the Seahawks have (the best short yardage back in the NFL).

I need you to answer this one, Owl. Last night I didn't watch the game but midway through I checked the online update report and it said Seahawks had a 10 point lead. 24-14 - I checked again and it was still 24- 14. At that time there was less than 8 minutes left in the game I believe. So tell me this. Is it possible that the game was fixed? You say the Pats & their coachj mysteriously didn't call a time out. The next guy here says they purposely made the worst decision - a decision no professional obviously would have made - yet they make it and lose the game. On purpose? The NFL. Is it that crooked and how many team members would it take to do such a thing? Two? Three? Would the coach have to know about it? I'm praying the truth comes out about this because I do not believe what happened was on the up and up last night. Not by a long shot.

No you Moron..the game wasn't fixed. Why are you trying to fuck up a perfectly good tragedy? Go back under your rock and your tin foil hat you fucking nitwit!

and you know this to be a fact because............. that's right. You don't. You're assuming the game wasn't fixed. Huge difference.

Your babble is FIXED!!! The Romans made it to control the stupid Christians. They couldn't feed em to the lions fast enough so they came up with a plan to keep them stupid by their own devices. The only thing dumber than THAT call is you retards thinking that your god calls ALL the plays. Stop trying to contaminate a perfectly good sport with your stupid make believe sky fairies. Religion IS THE BIG SCAM. Football is a HUMAN team sport. No gods need apply.

Carroll threw the SB championship away. The Patriots should have lost. The writing is on the wall for this one. THINK.

yeah carrol i have no doubt has the 2 million or so he was paid off hidden well in his house somewhere.

Huggy is in denial to no surprise.I believe Reggie Bush now in everything he said about carrol.
9/11 did you hear about this? It is a comment from one of the readers on this news article about Carroll throwing the SB win away.

Pete Carroll threw away Super Bowl with one awful decision New York Post

2 hours ago

There needs to be some changes to coaching. This is as much Russell Wilson's fault. These young new quarterbacks can't even fart on the field without the permission from the offensive coordinator. In the old days a quarterback would have read the signal from the sideline, come back to the huddle and said "Screw these arm chair quarterbacks upstairs....Lynch I'm giving you the ball.....can you get it in so we can end this thing?" Then after winning if he got S---t for this he could publicly say "If they don't like what I did then they can trade me to another team" That would show some balls. Too much of the game is puppeted by the powers at be that won't let a quarterback truly run the show even for one moment and so the lesson is learned through the loss.....or is it?

FlagShare
LikeReply

Casey3 hours ago

You can see when you play back the game he gets handed a cell phone by someone in a black hoodie just before he directs this play. Right after that quick phone call he changes this to a pass play and the guy with the phone disappears.

FlagShare
LikeReply

T T3 hours ago

Id fire him

Note the comment by the one guy - Casey? He says he witnessed Carroll being handed a cell phone by someone dressed in a black hoodie right before he made that bad call - and the person with hoodie disappears. If you have recorded the game - play it back and see if you can see that. What could be so important that you'd take a phone call at a time like that?

No I didn't see that.Thanks for posting it,very interesting stuff. this guy casey nailed it.Thats one of the reasons why the NFL really sucks these days.I miss the good old days when QB's got to call their own plays.the glory days of Bart Starr,Lynn Dawson.Johnny Unitas,Norm Van Brocklyn,and Otto Graham and other greats who got to call their own plays,those days are clearly over with.

funny that even linebacker Jamie Collins of the pats could not believe the call as did not Doug Baldwin.players like Baldwin of the seahawks are not going to have confidance in carrol anymore or respect him anymore and I don't blame them.

I found a youtube video today with comment section quoting what sounds like one of the Seahawks players sounding off. He said his own owner threw the game along with Carroll. He sounded quite sure of it - I posted it on one of these threads somewhere.
considering how corrupt the NFL is this day and age,I dont doubt it for a minute paul allen was in on it as well.

I've never seen so many butt hurt excuses...................

There is no excuse for throwing away a Superbowl Championship. If you don't love the game get out of the business.
exactly.well said.

It isn't valid but there is one valid point. Pete Carroll threw the game away and the Patriots got what Pete Carroll threw away. They didn't "win it" but they were "given it" and I'm sure they were thankful for getting the SB win anyway they could get it. I don't think how they win is very high on the list of their priorities. You know?

best damn post on this thread bar none.:beer::clap2::clap2::clap2::thup::thup:

Last edited:
Watch this:

excellent stuff there.thanks for posting it.you will find with huggy he wont watch it because he has the arrogant belief that because he thinks it isn't true,he wont look at an opposing view.

they explained it so well in that video that not every game is rigged and it doesn't always got the way they planned it but everybody in the country knew these teams matched up evenly and it would come down to the wire and they could count on carrol to throw the game.

after seeing all this now,I think im just going to watch games of the past.

someone came on here before and made post how the officials came up with that bullshit tuck rule to make sure the patriots got to the superbowl and it had to do with 9/11.I didn't pay much attention to it back then but after seeing that video,I now don't take what he said back then with a grain of salt anymore.

that tuck rule was easily the biggest bullshit worst call in NFLplayoff history making the so clearly the PATRIOTS name would be seen in the superbowl.

another game that I have no doubt was as rigged as this game was is the raiders/,bucs game.tim brown and jerry rice though that their coach Callahan sabotaged the game purposely so that his friend gruden would win the game.rice and brown are no dummies.why would carrol be any different than Callahan.

have you heard THIS story on that game by chance?

Jerry Rice agrees with Tim Brown Bill Callahan sabotaged us ProFootballTalk

also the center for the raiders mysteriously went awol the night before.i have no doubt whatsoever he got a payoff from gruden to give him all their plays the fact we never heard from him again after that.

that's because the players even said the players on the bucs seemed like they were in the huddle with them because they knew every play they were calling.

Betrayal is the greatest sorrow - when it is within your own camp. It should never happen.

Watch this:

excellent stuff there.thanks for posting it.you will find with huggy he wont watch it because he has the arrogant belief that because he thinks it isn't true,he wont look at an opposing view.

they explained it so well in that video that not every game is rigged and it doesn't always got the way they planned it but everybody in the country knew these teams matched up evenly and it would come down to the wire and they could count on carrol to throw the game.

after seeing all this now,I think im just going to watch games of the past.

someone came on here before and made post how the officials came up with that bullshit tuck rule to make sure the patriots got to the superbowl and it had to do with 9/11.I didn't pay much attention to it back then but after seeing that video,I now don't take what he said back then with a grain of salt anymore.

that tuck rule was easily the biggest bullshit worst call in NFLplayoff history making the so clearly the PATRIOTS name would be seen in the superbowl.

another game that I have no doubt was as rigged as this game was is the raiders/,bucs game.tim brown and jerry rice though that their coach Callahan sabotaged the game purposely so that his friend gruden would win the game.rice and brown are no dummies.why would carrol be any different than Callahan.

have you heard THIS story on that game by chance?

Jerry Rice agrees with Tim Brown Bill Callahan sabotaged us ProFootballTalk

also the center for the raiders mysteriously went awol the night before.i have no doubt whatsoever he got a payoff from gruden to give him all their plays the fact we never heard from him again after that.

that's because the players even said the players on the bucs seemed like they were in the huddle with them because they knew every play they were calling.

Betrayal is the greatest sorrow - when it is within your own camp. It should never happen.

exactly.could not have said ti better myself.
:beer::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::udaman:

I couldn't believe it. You need 3 feet, you have 3 downs to get it, and you have the perfect player to use to get it, and instead of going with him you throw a risky pass in the heart of the defense.
Couldn't have been stupider.

Darrell Bevell should be looking for a new team by the end of the day. Maybe some Pop Warner team will pick him up.
Only 26 seconds and each play takes 13 - 15 seconds.

Sorry, I pass it first to set up the run. The D was ready for a run. The pass would have worked if it was to the back of the endzone. It's either a TD or an incompletion. That pass was nothing but bad news. It shrunk the field so even if they were set up for the run they can cover it.

dude even if they were ready they sure as fuck would not have stopped him.Beastmode when he sees that endzone from just one yard out,he is unstoppable.oh and the pats defense was all gassed out and were not able to tackle him at all in the fourth quarter,plus they were horrible in those situations all year long. and you sure as hell would not have passed it in the middle in traffic with a short quarterback like wilson.i guarantee you carrol told him to make sure and throw it in the middle and not throw it away.

They have a time out, 26 seconds from the one yard line. The Pats and Belichick mysteriously not calling a time out. Basically representing that they are going to let them score, keep their time outs for Brady to have a shot to get into FG range.

Hey Carroll, double tight ends, run it 3 times from one yard with beast. Not really hard and no time to call for a pass into the center where ALL THE FUCKING DEFENDERS ARE.

Holy shit. It was not a bad pass, it was a good play by the DB. Wilson was not off target, the DB jumped the route.

Has to be the stupidest play call in the history of sports. Not the super bowl. Not in football. In all of sports. Considering the situation, what the other team is representing, and what the Seahawks have (the best short yardage back in the NFL).

Dumb by both Carrol and Wilson

18 inches away. Throw the damn ball away!

Let's leave Wilson out of it for the time being. Dumb by Carroll? No. I disagree with you, Pops. Dumb is an inexperienced, overzealous first time on the field coach making such a call. A 62 yr old professional coach like Carroll? Not a chance. This was intentional.

Look at Carroll's resume' and tell me that he didn't know what he was doing.

Pete Carroll - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Peter Clay "Pete" Carroll (born September 15, 1951) is the head coachand executive vice president of the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He is a former head coach of the New York Jets, the New England Patriots, and the University of Southern California (USC) Trojans. Carroll is one of only three football coaches who have won both a Super Bowl and a college football national championship (the others are Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer).[2]

Contents
[hide]

exactly,dumb is Brian shittenheimer who just got fired by the rams as offensiver coordinater this off season and got booed out of new york.His dad marty i call marty the moron shittenheimer.

the shittenhimers are idiots.carrol is not an idiot.he INTENTIONALLY told wilson to throw it in the middle and told him to throw it and make somethign happen and not throw it away.wislon of course will never say carrol told him that and put it on himself but what do you expect from wilson? He isnt going to spill the beans on carrol while he is still his coach.

you schooled pops big time there.well done.:thup:

He probably thought he'd pick on the rookie and if his receiver missed the catch that would stop the clock then they could give it to lynch the next play.

Everyone thought lynch was going to get that ball.

What happened? Seattle's luck ran out. They got lucky Brady didn't score on the opening drive. Lucky they scored before the first half and lucky they got to the 1 yrd line at the end of the game and lucky they beat Green bay

luck my ass,their defense pounded the shit out of brady.they got well ahead of them in the second half cause carrol sent the house which is why they got penetration.He later only sent a four man pass rush and that allowed brady to pick them apart.carrol wanted to give the pats the chance to come back and make it a game so he stopped sening the house.

and so what if everyone knew he was going to get the ball,they sure as hell were not going to stop him,they were horrible all year long in those situations and had a terrible run defense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back