I am torn

Rohrer 714

Mar 21, 2010
I was recently unemployed and had no health care coverage for several months. COBRA was out of the question because of the cost. I suffered a great deal as a result. I am therefore sympathetic to calls for a 'safety net'.

Still, I'm not convinced that the current reform bill is the answer.

Anybody else in two minds about this issue?

I was recently unemployed and had no health care coverage for several months. COBRA was out of the question because of the cost. I suffered a great deal as a result. I am therefore sympathetic to calls for a 'safety net'.

I have already said, more than once on here, that I am in favor of reform. I am in favor of finding ways to help the most vulnerable in our society. I don't support this bill because it is not about health care, it is about control and expansion of government. For those in power, they prefer to control. They have forgotten the concept of rights - as have many Americans - our government do not give us rights. Rights are not theirs to give.

Big government intervention is one of the reasons it is screwed up. In my opinion, the bill is unconstitutional. If people want reform, it needs to be at the state level not the federal level.

No. I realize that giving up some freedom to gain some security is just an illusion - and that such a compromise eventually destroys the former. Franklin was right.

I'm not torn about this at all. It needs to be done. And your example is not a lonely one. Millions of people are dealing with this same situation.

States cannot deal with this as they are broke.

That states cannot generate money like the federal government. This legislation has been paid for.

How did you suffer?

I'm not torn about this at all. It needs to be done. And your example is not a lonely one. Millions of people are dealing with this same situation.

States cannot deal with this as they are broke.

and fixin to be broker..

Forum List

Back