I am obsessed with old books and Restoring them now

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
....and I just cant help it.

This is a pic of my first attempt.

49315669_10215094513088859_1996780525552926720_o.jpg

I have been getting used but good condition books from the Encyclopedia Britanica Great Books of the Western World, HGarvard Classics and the Franklin Library.

Anyone else here an over-the-hill bibliophile?

I have been getting used but good condition books from the Encyclopedia Britanica Great Books of the Western World, HGarvard Classics and the Franklin Library.

This is a good thing, especially as we inch ever closer into the Orwellian abyss in which changing history is only a key stroke away.

This is a good thing, especially as we inch ever closer into the Orwellian abyss in which changing history is only a key stroke away.

In 1984, they changed books, not printouts. I prefer a different future for books.

f45101.jpg

Been buying books since I was 8 years old. The first book I bought with my own money was DRACULA. :ack-1:

I have thousands. Most are first editions, many signed and in mint condition.

Been buying books since I was 8 years old. The first book I bought with my own money was DRACULA. :ack-1:

I recently bought an old world atlas from 1899 and the cover is rotted, warped and the spine disintegrated. But the pages, oddly enough are in fine shape. So that is my next project and this first book was kind of a dry run for that one.

I recently bought an old world atlas from 1899 and the cover is rotted, warped and the spine disintegrated. But the pages, oddly enough are in fine shape. So that is my next project and this first book was kind of a dry run for that one.

A good ability to develop. Covers take the brunt of wear.

This guy makes facsimile dust covers if you're interested.

Facsimile Dust Jackets, LLC

Forum List

Back