I Am Just A Gardener

As far as introductions go, I have precious little to offer by way of my ideology since I am not so good about sharing my toys, but I do believe a hello is in order.

I am just a gardener at heart, however, forever hunkered over toiling in the field, the years of such rendering me a withered old thing. On the plus side, this has given me much opportunity to avoid being overly influenced by that which does not matter.

Hello, usmessage board.
Philosopher gardener, it makes sense and .. now .. I wonder if you still have an opened mind.. See you around.. :popcorn:

As far as introductions go, I have precious little to offer by way of my ideology since I am not so good about sharing my toys, but I do believe a hello is in order.

I am just a gardener at heart, however, forever hunkered over toiling in the field, the years of such rendering me a withered old thing. On the plus side, this has given me much opportunity to avoid being overly influenced by that which does not matter.

Hello, usmessage board.
What type of gardening ? Any special preferences ? A favorite plant, shrub or tree

They are very productive but still .. stick around..
Here is one of mine:

PXL_20230616_161230836.jpg

Hello, usmessage board.
any relation to Ava?

I like to hybridize daylilies and have quite the succulent and cactus collection.
Me too ! I' ve got a new variety of Prickly Pear I grew from seed it is larger than the parents , less needles , has a smoother , shimmer appearance. The flowers remained yellow however. I have both yellow and pink flowering types ( cold hardy , I live in Nebraska ). I' m hoping I get crosses. Not really hybridizing them , just planting the fruits and seeing what comes up. This particular one came up on it's own. Also like hibiscus ( Potted ) , candy lilies , Japanese toad lilies , and Naked Ladies, they multiple like crazy , must have thousands of them. Lucky I live on a half acre.

Hello, usmessage board.
Glad to have you here, Dogmaphobe. My green thumb turned brown when I took on a quilt store in 1987 that is still opened after I retired. We moved back home to Texas, got a big place, but my gardening amounts to buying seeds, then forgetting them while I make charity quilts for underpriviledged babies of single moms, mainly. I try to use a fabric now and then with pretty flowers on them. That's about the best garden a busy quilter can do. Oh, yeah, and I wrote two or three books on making quilts on the sewing machine... The late 80s through 2009 were very busy years for gardening with fabrics. <giggle>

Forum List

Back