I am crying.

Not while I'm around:mad:

Yes, but that's because you rock. :smiliehug:

What keeps me here is that the bulk of the membership is pretty damn cool. People I miss if I don't get to see them every day. There's just a handful that have me thinking "Honey, get diagnosed. There is hope. You don't have to live like this." And that's what I am literally thinking. Because the venom they spew is damaging them a helluva lot more than it is me.

What on earth would we do without you?

You were gone there for a couple of months.

It was a year, hon. A year I like to refer to as "that decade when I was cast into the outer darkness."

A dear online friend of mine passed away yesterday. It was announced at another board...where I originally came from.

He and I started out as friends, became enemies, became friends again. This spanned about 14 years or so. I knew he was ill because the admin of his board tracked me down at a blogging place saying my friend needed to talk to me...so I did get in touch and we reaffirmed the long battle he and I fought along with the friendship that became a result of it.

I have had a few online friends die. But this one? This one is going to be tough. The internet is lacking one fine man now. And I am going to miss him very much. :(

There was this online poster I knew on another board, whom I debated with often, and we had gotten rather careless about our words to each other. Well, he made an announcement one day that he had cancer, was terminal and was given only weeks to live.

It was at that moment that I realized that all the ugly words we might have exchanged were now hanging over me like a big boulder, because one of us was now hurting badly. I apologized to him and he was gracious enough to tell me not to worry, that it was all forgotten. He passed away not too long after that (a family member informed Admin and it was relayed)and it was a sad day for many of us. So, I kinda understand what you might be feeling. Even though we don't know each other personally, we do have some things in common - mostly being human and deserving respect.

I find that surprising ... there are a few people on this board who have led me to believe that there is no humanity in them. I cannot believe that them hearing that 'the opposition' got a death sentence would result in anything less than celebration.
Perhaps that is what it is - no humanity left in them. When joy in the death of another human being (who has done nothing to them but perhaps disagree with them on some issue) is all that is left in life, there really wasn't much there to begin with.

Hell, one of our own made his last post last spring, and the usual suspects showed up to mock and belittle. I'd expect the same treatment.
There will always be that element in life - and one cannot stoop to their level nor envy their miserable position.

Forum List

Back