I am craving........

I really like the fried chicken from Food Giant. But sometimes I just want my own.

Best fried chicken ever...

wash chicken, put in buttermilk bath, allow to sit for a few hours.

Take out, shake it off, roll in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, just a dash of cayenne)

Sit pieces on a rack (or you can just put them on a plate) and let them sit a few...

Roll again in flour mixture...

Fry in an inch or two of oil....you can fry them high, then put them in the oven to finish, or fry them low until they're completely done.

Very crunchy, very yummy.

I haven't made fried chicken in years, lol.

But that's the way I do it.

........fried chicken. WTF?

I hope you get some, Sunshine. I hate cravings....

I do occasionally crave those foods I deprive myself of, for good heath, and a great body..lol... and fried chicken ( fried anything ) is one of those. When I moved from CA to the coast of Oregon, KFC, had just closed...:evil: So I oven roast chicken and purchase an occasional piece or two, from one of the local supermarkets, who fry and season it after coating with flour, themselves. It is a great way of helping me to discipline myself. That is why, when I am hungry for a pizza from Abby's, I buy Stouffer's pizza bread. It is only 400 calories and *delish* and it kills the craving for the "real deal." :lol:

Hey! I am willing to pay the price, for feeling comfortable in my own skin. :)

........fried chicken. WTF?

I hope you get some, Sunshine. I hate cravings....

I do occasionally crave those foods I deprive myself of, for good heath, and a great body..lol... and fried chicken ( fried anything ) is one of those. When I moved from CA to the coast of Oregon, KFC, had just closed...:evil: So I oven roast chicken and purchase an occasional piece or two, from one of the local supermarkets, who fry and season it after coating with flour, themselves. It is a great way of helping me to discipline myself. That is why, when I am hungry for a pizza from Abby's, I buy Stouffer's pizza bread. It is only 400 calories and *delish* and it kills the craving for the "real deal." :lol:

Hey! I am willing to pay the price, for feeling comfortable in my own skin. :)

I try to watch what I eat. When I got the pulmonary hypertension, diabetes came with it. My primary care doctor said he didn't believe that I am diabetic, but that it was caused from the stress of the PH. He said if the disease were under control and I lost weight it should go away. It is, I did, it didn't. Not on insulin, just metformin and that keeps the Hgb a1c where it needs to be, but if I don't take it my sugar spikes. We no longer teach people total depravation because it doesn't work. But, I don't eat a lot of fried food, and rarely any sweets other than fruit, sometimes with a little sugar. And I have to have the occasional Sonic cheeseburger and diet cherry coke. The soul has to live too! LOL

IOU rep. I'll catch you when it opens up.

Well, I just fixed a bowl of Ramen noodles with scallions sliced up in it. That is flavorful and is helping. Maybe I was just hungry. It was so hot all I had for lunch was yogurt. I used to work with a nurse who said, 'the best way to sustain yourself is to eat.' I agree.

Well, I just fixed a bowl of Ramen noodles with scallions sliced up in it. That is flavorful and is helping. Maybe I was just hungry. It was so hot all I had for lunch was yogurt. I used to work with a nurse who said, 'the best way to sustain yourself is to eat.' I agree.

I usually crave salads........with a bit of Red Wine Vinegar, oil, and salt & pepper.

I usually crave salads........with a bit of Red Wine Vinegar, oil, and salt & pepper.

Since I stopped working and have been doing so much stuff outside in the heat, I am eating a lot of salads. The coolness of them really helps. I was going to make one today. But it seems when I went to the grocery last I forgot the lettuce. I have everything else. LOL. I could have done a Greek salad, but I've kind of overdone that one of late. And I made one when I visited the kids in Georgia just a couple weeks ago.

Since I stopped working and have been doing so much stuff outside in the heat, I am eating a lot of salads. The coolness of them really helps. I was going to make one today. But it seems when I went to the grocery last I forgot the lettuce. I have everything else. LOL. I could have done a Greek salad, but I've kind of overdone that one of late. And I made one when I visited the kids in Georgia just a couple weeks ago.

Apples, chopped spinach, dried cranberries, celery, radishes, broccoli, that all works too.

Throw in a can of strained green or kidney beans if you like.

I also love pasta salad.

Forum List

Back