I am confident that Monday's CBO report will find that Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
In just 4 days, the Congressional budget office will release its conclusions about Trumpcare.

I hereby predict that this report will conclude that premiums and deductibles will be lower under Trumpcare compared to Obamacare premiums and deductibles.

Why do I say this? Because President Trump promised that he would lower health care costs, including premiums and deductibles. He also promised that his health plan will cover everybody. See below:

Trump Says There Will be ‘Much Lower Deductibles’ in His Plan Providing ‘Insurance For Everybody’

And

"We believe strongly that through this process and as it takes effect, that we will see a decrease in not only the premiums that individuals will see but a decrease in the cost of healthcare for folks," Price said, appearing at the White House press briefing. The Trump administration just made some massive promises about the GOP's Obamacare replacement that will be hard to keep

If the President promised lower premiums and deductibles, then he must have done his calculations and he must know that the CBO will vindicate his promise on Monday.

Monday will be an embarrassment for Democrats in this board, as the CBO will conclude that Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles, just as Trump promised.

I predict that Democrats in this board will go into hiding upon learning that Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles.

I also predict that Republicans on this board will feel vindicated on Monday, upon learning that the CBO found Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles.

I am confident that Monday's CBO report will find that Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles
Me too... as usual the CBO produces the results that the politicians in power want it to, too bad those results rarely ever square with actual outcomes, the CBO painted a pretty picture for Obamacare too, how'd that work out?

CBO = Garbage in, Garbage out.

Let's see it

Let's also see it cover as many people as Obamacare

In just 4 days, the Congressional budget office will release its conclusions about Trumpcare.

I hereby predict that this report will conclude that premiums and deductibles will be lower under Trumpcare compared to Obamacare premiums and deductibles.

Why do I say this? Because President Trump promised that he would lower health care costs, including premiums and deductibles. He also promised that his health plan will cover everybody. See below:

Trump Says There Will be ‘Much Lower Deductibles’ in His Plan Providing ‘Insurance For Everybody’

And

"We believe strongly that through this process and as it takes effect, that we will see a decrease in not only the premiums that individuals will see but a decrease in the cost of healthcare for folks," Price said, appearing at the White House press briefing. The Trump administration just made some massive promises about the GOP's Obamacare replacement that will be hard to keep

If the President promised lower premiums and deductibles, then he must have done his calculations and he must know that the CBO will vindicate his promise on Monday.

Monday will be an embarrassment for Democrats in this board, as the CBO will conclude that Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles, just as Trump promised.

I predict that Democrats in this board will go into hiding upon learning that Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles.

I also predict that Republicans on this board will feel vindicated on Monday, upon learning that the CBO found Trumpcare will lower premiums and deductibles.
I'm mostly liberal (but not completely). If the "World's Greatest Healthcare System" actually lowers deductibles an premiums, I will thank Trump and the White House. (Although I think this bill is more Ryan and Congressional Republicans.) I won't root for Trump to fail, so if his admin does something that helps Americans, I will be thankful.

I am confident that you be disappointed.

Republicans will cherry pick the report and claim victory

Republicans will cherry pick the report and claim victory
Actually, I disagree, at least in terms of the White House's response. They don't seem to cherry-pick so much as they attack and smear. In fact, I believe they already attacked the CBO just in case the report was negative.

Common sense tells you that it will cover fewer people. Basing credits on age rather than income means people who are too poor buy insurance but too rich for Medicaid will not have insurance. Also the penalties in the Republican plan hit people with lower incomes harder than those who have higher incomes. If you have a higher income it becomes more sensible to take your chances and pay the penalty if you need it. The Republican plan also cuts off sources of income and one of the few sources it keeps delays it until 2025. It also keeps the same regulatory regime that Obamacare has. Trump is talking through his ass as usual and sounds exactly like Obama.

Forum List

Back