I am against homosexuality, gay marriage, and civil unions.

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by actsnoblemartin, Jun 11, 2007.

1. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I believe homosexuality is wrong based on what the bible says. I think gay marriage and civil unions are unneccesary because the problems gays are facing with not being able to see each other in the hospital is caused by h.i.p.p.a., and could be fixed. Also, they dont need marriage or a union, to be able to retire, leave inheritence, or anything else.

I dont think homosexuals deserve special treatment, marriage is already on the rocks, and by changing the definition of marriage, you put one more nail in its coffin.
    If we dont save marriage, for the sake of kids, we are doomed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I think no one should be able to get a marriage from their gov.

They need to go to church to get that.

The gov should do civil unions for who ever wants to enter them for whatever reason.

It is not my business what others do with consenting adults where no one is harmed.

NO ones religion should be allowed to dictate American law.

3. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I respect your opinion, but I ask you this, if gay marriage happens, and most americans dont want it, is this forced?

Perhaps civil unions are a good comprimise, I dont want either side dictating american policy.

Kids should not be forced to learn that homosexuality is acceptable, their parents, and later on the kids, should make that decision himself

Where am i wrong here lol :)

I enjoy chatting with you truthmatters, I really think you care about the truth, and i respect that.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    My Son knew about as much as any five year old can know about the gay lifestyle.

My best friends were a gay couple acrossed the street from us.

They were like his extra uncles and now at 19 we still go and visit them and he has agreat time.

My son is as straight as a young man can get.

They dont catch gay.

Families have gay members and it does not hurt the kids.

I thank you for the compliments my friend and it is VERY refreshing to talk and differ without the venom.

5. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    you are most kind. No need for venom, you are a nice person. I dont think gay is a virus that is caught.

with all due respect, I would like a study or two if you dont mind, because frankly, I have no idea if being raised by gay parents is great, bad, or no difference.

I am not opposed to being wrong, cause if i claimed to be right, there would be no room for healthy debate and discouse :)

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I wouldnt appose a study.

I think it would help people see that it is harmless.

BTW I asked both of the guys in this couple how and when they nknew they were gay.

They both had very simular answers.

About the time all kids start having crushes they realised that they would have a crush on a guy.

They both felt it was a inbor thing.

They both were troubled as young men that it would turn the world against them if they were open about it.

The one friend said "if it was a choice NO ONE would chose it".

They are fine people ad I really enjoy them.

Decent ,honest ,funny, kind just really great guys.

I think having my son arround was great fun for them and they never did anything off color.

They just played with him and talked to him about their many animals.

It was a great lesson for him.

In JR high one of his friends at school came out as gay and he defended him.

I was very proud of my son for NOT abandoning a friend who was facing a very hateful world.

He stood by and told the taunters to grow up and realise people are different and if they didnt want to date him why were they worried about it.

7. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I agree with you that the world is hateful, and gays should be defended, I just think, that if somebody chooses to believe homosexuality is wrong, they should not be treated as if they are hateful bigots.

Their are two kinds of people against homosexuality.

1. those who hate gays

2. those who do not hate gays, but simply oppose homosexuality

with all due respect my friend, I think we should make a distinction.

Now, I think great comprimise is possible on this issue.

You could have the most fervert gay activist, and the most fervert religious person opposed to homosexuality, and still find a way, that gays, can visit each other in the hospital, have inheritence, and fight against hate and discrimination, while still respecting the beliefs of those who oppose homosexuality, but are decent people too.

Gays are not good or bad, they are human beings, for which I and in my opinion, everyone else has no right to judge, thats gods job, we have a right to opinion, and if someone asks for your opinion or mine, then we have the right to say what we believe.

but its not a war... and it should never be...

comprimise gets things done

8. actsnoblemartin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    im glad youre son was such a fine, upstanding citizen.

If a few good men, dont speak up against evil, then it will triumph, and let me be clear, i cant begin to understand what its like to be gay, and frankly, i dont think its impossible for gays to be friends with believe who disagree with either their choice, or how they were born, i dont know which, but i hope you get my point.

we can agree to disagree and still go out for a bite to eat or hang out with each other.

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I agree,you should be allowed to believe what you want.

I do think any two people who wish to should be allowed to enter a civil union for whatever reason they wish.

Two divorced straight women who want a civil union to pool their lives together for the purpose of raising kids and protecting their futures.

A man and a woman who are friends and want to do the same but never plan on having sex.

Two people should be able to tie themselfs together financially for any reason they want.

Thus Civil Unions.

10. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

I ask YOU this: do you think that most white Americans south of the Mason-Dixon Line wanted their children to attend school with black children?

I agree with TM on this: government should only be involved in issuing licences for civil contracts...and their contract should have no force on churches...and churches should only be involved in holy matrimony, and their ceremonies should have no force on government.

Binding themselves in civil union to enjoy all the legal benefits now granted only to married couples is the RIGHT of gays and lesbians just like attending the "good" schools with all the other (white) children in their neighborhood was the RIGHT of black children in 1954 (and today).