I almost bought this bike.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
2018 Kawasaki KLR 650. This was a really nice bike. Super clean, real nice tires, 50,000 + miles and had all the bolt on stuff I wanted to, but they want $4,000 firm and that's not what I'm looking to pay. It's on consignment, so if it sits awhile I may try again.

IMG_20200727_134410.jpg
IMG_20200727_134404.jpg

It looks clunky, bit they actually ride nice for me, and it would handle my fishing trips better to. The Harley doesn't like it much on the dirt and mud.

Its really not a bad price. 50k can be a lot of miles if it wasnt taken care of. Then again, even if taken care you could be looking at a rebuild soon.
I wouldnt get it bro.

50,000 miles on a 2 year old enduro??? Someone likes to ride.

Yup. Prior owner is a truck driver so he would load it up and use it to get around. Dude drove the HELL out of it, but also kept it up real well. Thing runs like a top. I just don't want to lay 4000 for a bike I know will be used in gross places. Forgot to say, the guy also replaced the long oil drain plug with one of the ones dirt bike guys and gals use. The last one I was looking at was blue, 30 plus thousand miles and was $2,300. I missed it by a Payday.

Its really not a bad price. 50k can be a lot of miles if it wasnt taken care of. Then again, even if taken care you could be looking at a rebuild soon.
I wouldnt get it bro.

I may. I missed one already. If I buy that it has to come out of my road king money and I want that more. I probed the possibility of " borrowing " some bucks out of the house money but mama started stroking the Glock so I gave up on that idea.

That sure is a lot of miles for a motorcycle.
I suggest you try and find one with lower miles.
Even if you have to pay a little more. ... :cool:

Miles on a motercycle can throw one off. Allot of bikers have tons of miles on their bikes. I saw one at a dealer that had ninety thousand plus on it. It's all in the upkeep.

I wouldnt get it bro.

I may. I missed one already. If I buy that it has to come out of my road king money and I want that more. I probed the possibility of " borrowing " some bucks out of the house money but mama started stroking the Glock so I gave up on that idea.
Get the road king. You will feel better about it.
When I get my truck laid for, im uograding the wideglide to a street glide. Cant wait!

Miles on a motercycle can throw one off. Allot of bikers have tons of miles on their bikes. I saw one at a dealer that had ninety thousand plus on it. It's all in the upkeep.
One of my dad's friends has a road king with 140k plus miles. And that was last year..
Thing rode like a top. He also works for a local HD dealer so im sure its in tip top shape

2018 Kawasaki KLR 650. This was a really nice bike. Super clean, real nice tires, 50,000 + miles and had all the bolt on stuff I wanted to, but they want $4,000 firm and that's not what I'm looking to pay. It's on consignment, so if it sits awhile I may try again.

View attachment 368755View attachment 368754

It looks clunky, bit they actually ride nice for me, and it would handle my fishing trips better to. The Harley doesn't like it much on the dirt and mud.

Had a buddy with one of em.
He really liked it.
Do you plan on offroading it a lot?
His biggest complaint was the weight at 390 lbs dry,it's pretty hefty for anything beyond fire roads and easy trails.

He really liked it.
His biggest complaint was the weight at 390 lbs dry,it's pretty hefty for anything beyond fire roads and easy trails.

Limited off road. You know where Winnie Texas is? I10 east to Lay on the right. I lived in Hankemer on the right. All my fishing spots along the Trinity aren't cruiser friendly. So 8 need a bike that can do some highway then some mud and dirt. And as far as dual sports go. The 300 plus pounds is more easy to wrestle then my Harley's 700 plus pounds. My Son is looking at it today. He doesn't like his sportster, and he just wants it to putt around town. So I may still have my shot at the bike when I need it. They also has a low miles Triumph tiger. Now that is a sexy bike. If I ever won the lotto, I would buy one for me and mama. If you are ever bored, go test drive one. Really nice bike.

One of my dad's friends has a road king with 140k plus miles. And that was last year..
Thing rode like a top. He also works for a local HD dealer so im sure its in tip top shape

Hell, if you know anyone with a Gold Wing go head and check out it's odometer. Those things are typically up into the gajillions. Cruiser guys lay down serious miles. Bikes will run for ever baring a good crash or bad maintenance.

He really liked it.

Limited off road. You know where Winnie Texas is? I10 east to Lay on the right. I lived in Hankemer on the right. All my fishing spots along the Trinity aren't cruiser friendly. So 8 need a bike that can do some highway then some mud and dirt. And as far as dual sports go. The 300 plus pounds is more easy to wrestle then my Harley's 700 plus pounds. My Son is looking at it today. He doesn't like his sportster, and he just wants it to putt around town. So I may still have my shot at the bike when I need it. They also has a low miles Triumph tiger. Now that is a sexy bike. If I ever won the lotto, I would buy one for me and mama. If you are ever bored, go test drive one. Really nice bike.

Picked up a Boxer pup in Winnie and my FNX .45 Tactical.
While it'll be easier than a 700 lb bike ya gotta remember the weight is much higher than on a street bike.
I'm looking at the Yamaha WR250r. Like you I just want it to putt around on and hit a few trails now and then.
It weighs 100 lbs less than the KLR and no valve adjustments for 15k.
70 mpg as well.

I read the odomiter wrong. Way fucking wrong. I'm calling dude now.

View attachment 369027

Thats a hell of a deal at those miles!!!
Now I'd be worried theres something wrong with it. :laughing0301:
Checked the price on em after you posted this thread and found one in the same year model and similar millage and they wanted $5600.

He really liked it.

While it'll be easier than a 700 lb bike ya gotta remember the weight is much higher than on a street bike.
I'm looking at the Yamaha WR250r. Like you I just want it to putt around on and hit a few trails now and then.
70 mpg as well.

dodnyou go ro Al up in Hampshire? tjat guy has 90% if not all of the old gin collection tjay used to be in the arms room in dickinson. henis cool as hell to. i will check out tje bike you mentioned. therw is a plus to being able toctoss it in a truck when riding isnt possible. i can also getbyou the number of the place i go. they do mostly dirt bikes, all consignement so not to much hassle.they are cool folk. they just wont answer phones.

I read the odomiter wrong. Way fucking wrong. I'm calling dude now.

View attachment 369027

Thats a hell of a deal at those miles!!!
Now I'd be worried theres something wrong with it. :laughing0301:
Checked the price on em after you posted this thread and found one in the same year model and similar millage and they wanted $5600.

and the older they the cheaper get. a guy i know got one from the 90's for $350. dude sold it because it wouldent start. so dude got it, tuned it up and put in a new battery. that bike runs today 5 yeqrs later. the odometer doesnt work now so i cant day how many miles henput on it, bitbthat one was up there to when the odamitet stopped working.

I dont see how you put 50K on a bike thats used part of the time,,
I dont do that driving everyday in my work truck,,,

this is true. i was wrong about the miles. i even looked right at it. thats why im scrambling some.

IMG_20200727_134415.jpg

or am i brain farting? i just dont know. i was up all night pitting specal goddamn air filters in the AC shit at work all night. im going to bed.

He really liked it.

70 mpg as well.

dodnyou go ro Al up in Hampshire? tjat guy has 90% if not all of the old gin collection tjay used to be in the arms room in dickinson. henis cool as hell to. i will check out tje bike you mentioned. therw is a plus to being able toctoss it in a truck when riding isnt possible. i can also getbyou the number of the place i go. they do mostly dirt bikes, all consignement so not to much hassle.they are cool folk. they just wont answer phones.

The WR250r is also reasonably priced at $5700 brand new.
I'd imagine you could get a used one pretty cheap.
1596124719948.png

The FN was a private purchase. ;)
Cant remember his name but he drove a big red Cadillac.

Forum List

Back