Hypocrisy Check

IMO, if we allow Catholics to build churches near schools, we should allow Muslims to build mosques near the WTC site

BTW - they're not building on the site of the WTC and they're not building a mosque.
Not equivalent. This is talking about building a church on/near the site of a terrorist attack caused by radical adherents to that religion, not next to a school.

Catholic clergymen raped children. They shouldn't be allowed near children

Muslim extremists killed people at WTC. They shouldn't be allowed near the WTC

Religious criminals should not be allowed near their victims

Public school teachers molest more children every year than Catholic priests do (I think more even than the total number of priests accused of this), and we allow THEM near schools, so shut the fuck up with the anti-Catholic bigotry.

1.) The Islamic center is not AT Ground Zero, its a few blocks away.

2.) It's not a mosque.

3.) The people building it do not "secretly support" the terrorists.

4.) The building has been in the planning stages since long before 9/11

And even so, yes. I would still support this hypothetical Megachurch. It's called freedom to use private property however you like.

Nice to see facts over emotion (particularly facts that keep getting skipped over):eusa_shhh:

Not equivalent. This is talking about building a church on/near the site of a terrorist attack caused by radical adherents to that religion, not next to a school.

Public school teachers molest more children every year than Catholic priests do (I think more even than the total number of priests accused of this), and we allow THEM near schools, so shut the fuck up with the anti-Catholic bigotry.

I would be shocked if Sangha showed back up in this thread. But isn't is funny how he/she can lecture us on being bigoted towards Muslim terrorists while at the same time being bigoted against Christians of any sect?

Plumbers have raped children. No plumbers near schools.

The vast majority of catholic priests have never abused a child. You are applying the rule of the exception.

The vast majority of Muslims have never blown up a building.

You are guilty of the same thing.

By the way...

IF someone were planning on building a Mosque at the site of the WTC, I would be EXTREMELY offended.

But since no-one actually is planning on doing any such thing, I am not offended.

The person who wrote this should really stop listening to so much right-wing propaganda and take a chill pill.

Plumbers have raped children. No plumbers near schools.

The vast majority of catholic priests have never abused a child. You are applying the rule of the exception.

The vast majority of Muslims have never blown up a building.

You are guilty of the same thing.

No, but the vast majority of Muslims are just fine with it happening .

For example.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOJCQr1Now]YouTube - Palestinian response on 11/9[/ame]

Show me a video of ANY catholics celebrating that way when a child get's abused and you have an argument.

I'll wait.

I would be shocked if Sangha showed back up in this thread. But isn't is funny how he/she can lecture us on being bigoted towards Muslim terrorists while at the same time being bigoted against Christians of any sect?

And that is the problem with muslims and the left. The lefties will defend Islam while demonizing Christianity. Muslims are "victims" in the lefty mind. Yes, terrorists are bad, but "most" muslims are peaceful and nice so they can come and go whereever they please because they are "victims" of those mean nasty right wing Christians.

The left will defend any religion other than Christianity? Why? Because it is the American Christian right who stands in their way of running everything.

Last edited:

And that is the problem with muslims and the left. The lefties will defend Islam while demonizing Christianity. Muslims are "victims" in the lefty mind. Yes, terrorists are bad, but "most" muslims are peaceful and nice so they can come and go whereever they please because they are "victims" of those mean nasty right wing Christians.

The left will defend any religion other than Christianity? Why? Because it is the Christian right who stands in their way of running everything.

Well that and until here recently the Christian right wasn't fighting back, and even at that our fighting back doesn't including blowing you up if you talked shit about us.

Let's do a little thought experiment.

Let's assume that on 9/11 2001 the terrorist attack did not occur on US soil. Let's say for the sake of argument that the planes were flown into the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur by a cadre of 19 radical Christians from a fringe sect supported by massive wealth and resources who desire to destroy anything that brings wealth to Muslims and Islamic nations. In the attack over 2000 Indonesian Muslims die and it is a great national and international tragedy.

Now, 8 years later, the desire to rebuild the Petronas Towers is underway and out of the blue people realize that there are plans for a Christian Megachurch to be placed on the same location as the Petronas Towers. Of course the plan is being supported by people who don't directly support the terrorists but when you get them in private are ardent believers that what was done was the right thing. Of course in the name of tolerance, diversity and international friedship the project is okayed by the city council of Kuala Lumpur.

Should the church be built on the same site that was destroyed by Christian Radicals in the largest act of hatred towards innocent civilians in history? Are grass root opponents of the mega church Christophobes, or just citizens seeing this as highly inappropriate?

Mosque supporters are encouraged to say why they believe why or why not this is right.

I don't have an opinion on this so please help me form one.

I can understand not wanting Muslims to do this while at the same time thing tfb, freedom of speech applies to all.

But who are these Muslims? Just like Christians, Muslims have their fundies. Are the mosque builders fundies or moderates? Should we encourage the moderates or should we lump them all into the fundamental terrorist group?

I think it is important to know the motives, beliefs, and goals of the group that wants to build the mosque.

IMO, if we allow Catholics to build churches near schools, we should allow Muslims to build mosques near the WTC site

BTW - they're not building on the site of the WTC and they're not building a mosque.

Once again, Sangha is either misinformed, stupid, or a liar.

A) No one is claiming they are building this on the site, only that they're building it NEAR the site, near enough that most rational people consider it to be part of the disaster area, because oh it actually was.

B) There most certainly will be a mosque inside this community center

A) as the highlighted part of the OP shows, the OP's analogy implies the mosque is being built at "the same location"

b) So you agree that they aren't building a mosque! Thanks for proving me right
a- A distinction without a meaning.

b- Most mega churches/mosques/synagogues are community centers as well. So again, a distinction without a meaning.

But thanks for being the resident apologist and obfuscator. That's all I've seen proven.

Let's do a little thought experiment.

Let's assume that on 9/11 2001 the terrorist attack did not occur on US soil. Let's say for the sake of argument that the planes were flown into the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur by a cadre of 19 radical Christians from a fringe sect supported by massive wealth and resources who desire to destroy anything that brings wealth to Muslims and Islamic nations. In the attack over 2000 Indonesian Muslims die and it is a great national and international tragedy.

Now, 8 years later, the desire to rebuild the Petronas Towers is underway and out of the blue people realize that there are plans for a Christian Megachurch to be placed on the same location as the Petronas Towers. Of course the plan is being supported by people who don't directly support the terrorists but when you get them in private are ardent believers that what was done was the right thing. Of course in the name of tolerance, diversity and international friedship the project is okayed by the city council of Kuala Lumpur.

Should the church be built on the same site that was destroyed by Christian Radicals in the largest act of hatred towards innocent civilians in history? Are grass root opponents of the mega church Christophobes, or just citizens seeing this as highly inappropriate?

Mosque supporters are encouraged to say why they believe why or why not this is right.

I don't have an opinion on this so please help me form one.

I can understand not wanting Muslims to do this while at the same time thing tfb, freedom of speech applies to all.

No one is saying they don't have the right, we are saying it's an obvious effrontery and they shouldn't do it IF they were really for peace.
But who are these Muslims? Just like Christians, Muslims have their fundies. Are the mosque builders fundies or moderates? Should we encourage the moderates or should we lump them all into the fundamental terrorist group?

I think it is important to know the motives, beliefs, and goals of the group that wants to build the mosque.

They are a group that pretends to be for peace , but a deeper look into their writings reveals that what they are really for is peace as long as they get what they want.

Doesn't answer the question one bit.

The church wouldn't be built by the radicals either. But you are saying that because there are 1.2 billion muslims, they can rightfully exclude a church from being build within spitting distance of the disaster caused by adherents of the same religion?

No ...what I am saying is that the US was built on religious tolerance, while Kuala Lampur was not. That is why I am proud to be an American

No hypocrisy involved at all. The US is officially tolerant of other faiths whyile others are not

wait til Christmas. Then tell us again about religious tolerance. whydonchya?

Crap. Do you suppose that was why my stocking was full of coal?

Hey Sangha, where are you you worthless pile of shit? You wander around in thread after thrad accusing others of running when they are pwned and here we have a clear case of your ass being pwnd yet you are too big a pussy to come into the thread and admit it. What gives HYPOCRITE?

Just because a person may have "the right" to do something, there are times when consideration for others is the right thing to do. Many people who live in the area lost loved ones on 9/11. They feel like it's another slap in the face to build a mosque on that site. People may criticize them and call them bigots or whatever, but if you've lost someone in a terrorist attack it's kinda difficult to go along with the same religion the attackers murdered in the name of.

If my child was malled and killed by a bear in my front yard, I don't think my family would let me build a bear statue in the front yard.

Last edited:

Hey comon there's a big difference. The 9/11 terrorists did it because of the imprinting of centuries of cultural/religious/political/social influences on their psyches.

The Catholic priests do it because it makes their peckers feel good.

For Americans to rise above it ALL and embrace the idea of mosque near the site of 9/11 would be one of the most stunningly noble gestures in the history of religious freedom and tolerance...

...or, put another way, Americans aren't capable of acting out the ideals their country is founded upon.

For Americans to rise above it ALL and embrace the idea of mosque near the site of 9/11 would be one of the most stunningly noble gestures in the history of religious freedom and tolerance...

...or, put another way, Americans aren't capable of acting out the ideals their country is founded upon.

So what? In this case, fuck our ideals. These pieces of shit can get on a boat and go back to the Middle East and build all the fucking mosques they want over there.

Is that racist (well really its not b/c Muslim isn't a race?) Well then so be it. They don't care about offending us, then I don't care about offending them.

He says of a country that just elected a black man with the middle name "Hussein".

:eusa_whistle:

I don't think Americans have to accept a monument representing the religion that the murderers on 9/11 represented. I don't care if they were "extremists".

They were muslims and they murdered in the name of Allah. To erect a mosque in that area is showing no respect to the people who lost love ones.

I don't think that means American cannot live up to their nation's ideals. It means we are human.

Forum List

Back