Hypocrisy Check

First off Kuala Lumpur is not the United States. The US was built on religious freedom and the right to worship as you please. You should be able to practice your religion ANYWHERE in the US.

Secondly, this Muslim center did not participate in the attacks. There are 1.2 BILLION Muslims in the world. To condemn over a billion muslims because of the actions of 19 muslims is counter to what this country was founded on.

Doesn't answer the question one bit.

The church wouldn't be built by the radicals either. But you are saying that because there are 1.2 billion muslims, they can rightfully exclude a church from being build within spitting distance of the disaster caused by adherents of the same religion?

No ...what I am saying is that the US was built on religious tolerance, while Kuala Lampur was not. That is why I am proud to be an American

No hypocrisy involved at all. The US is officially tolerant of other faiths while others are not

Last edited:
Would you buy an al Al-Qaeda made car?
Are you crazy!
Well, would you?
No, they attacked us on 911.
Do you drive a Japanese car?
Yes, why?
They attacked us at Pearl Harbor killing thousands in the Pacific.
That's different.
Why?
Well, it happened long ago.
OK then, will you buy an al Qaeda car in a few years.
Go away.
Why?
Because you are crazy.
But I am only asking questions.
The Japanese are civilized people.
Then why did they kill so many?
Go the F away!

Walks over to an Amish man?
Would you buy an Al-Qaeda made car?
We don't drive cars.
Would you buy an al-Qaeda made carriage.
Yes.
Why?
We are a forgiving people who do not judge all by one.
Thanks.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." Robert Frost

Last edited:
Well, if we build a mosque anywhere near the WTC then let's fly the colors of the Confederacy again.. Same damn thing.

Let's do a little thought experiment.

Let's assume that on 9/11 2001 the terrorist attack did not occur on US soil. Let's say for the sake of argument that the planes were flown into the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur by a cadre of 19 radical Christians from a fringe sect supported by massive wealth and resources who desire to destroy anything that brings wealth to Muslims and Islamic nations. In the attack over 2000 Indonesian Muslims die and it is a great national and international tragedy.

Now, 8 years later, the desire to rebuild the Petronas Towers is underway and out of the blue people realize that there are plans for a Christian Megachurch to be placed on the same location as the Petronas Towers. Of course the plan is being supported by people who don't directly support the terrorists but when you get them in private are ardent believers that what was done was the right thing. Of course in the name of tolerance, diversity and international friedship the project is okayed by the city council of Kuala Lumpur.

Should the church be built on the same site that was destroyed by Christian Radicals in the largest act of hatred towards innocent civilians in history?

Mosque supporters are encouraged to say why they believe why or why not this is right.

IMO, if we allow Catholics to build churches near schools, we should allow Muslims to build mosques near the WTC site

BTW - they're not building on the site of the WTC and they're not building a mosque.

Once again, Sangha is either misinformed, stupid, or a liar.

A) No one is claiming they are building this on the site, only that they're building it NEAR the site, near enough that most rational people consider it to be part of the disaster area, because oh it actually was.

B) There most certainly will be a mosque inside this community center

To the OP I will say two things.

1. I doubt a group wold have the same freedom to build this building as they have in the USA so the question really isn't relevant

2. If said group were given the same freedom, I would say the same thing I'm saying now, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. Either case is bad taste and a complete lack of sensitivity.

First off Kuala Lumpur is not the United States. The US was built on religious freedom and the right to worship as you please. You should be able to practice your religion ANYWHERE in the US.

Secondly, this Muslim center did not participate in the attacks. There are 1.2 BILLION Muslims in the world. To condemn over a billion muslims because of the actions of 19 muslims is counter to what this country was founded on.

The church wouldn't be built by the radicals either. But you are saying that because there are 1.2 billion muslims, they can rightfully exclude a church from being build within spitting distance of the disaster caused by adherents of the same religion?

No ...what I am saying is that the US was built on religious tolerance, while Kuala Lampur was not. That is why I am proud to be an American

No hypocrisy involved at all. The US is officially tolerant of other faiths whyile others are not
Okay, but that's dodging the issue on a technicality.

No hypocrisy involved at all. The US is officially tolerant of other faiths whyile others are not

Malaysia also has religious freedom built into their constitution and is tolerant of other faiths.

Let's do a little thought experiment.

Let's assume that on 9/11 2001 the terrorist attack did not occur on US soil. Let's say for the sake of argument that the planes were flown into the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur by a cadre of 19 radical Christians from a fringe sect supported by massive wealth and resources who desire to destroy anything that brings wealth to Muslims and Islamic nations. In the attack over 2000 Indonesian Muslims die and it is a great national and international tragedy.

Now, 8 years later, the desire to rebuild the Petronas Towers is underway and out of the blue people realize that there are plans for a Christian Megachurch to be placed on the same location as the Petronas Towers. Of course the plan is being supported by people who don't directly support the terrorists but when you get them in private are ardent believers that what was done was the right thing. Of course in the name of tolerance, diversity and international friedship the project is okayed by the city council of Kuala Lumpur.

Should the church be built on the same site that was destroyed by Christian Radicals in the largest act of hatred towards innocent civilians in history?

Mosque supporters are encouraged to say why they believe why or why not this is right.

IMO, if we allow Catholics to build churches near schools, we should allow Muslims to build mosques near the WTC site

BTW - they're not building on the site of the WTC and they're not building a mosque.

A) No one is claiming they are building this on the site, only that they're building it NEAR the site, near enough that most rational people consider it to be part of the disaster area, because oh it actually was.

A) as the highlighted part of the OP shows, the OP's analogy implies the mosque is being built at "the same location"

b) So you agree that they aren't building a mosque! Thanks for proving me right

Malaysia also has religious freedom built into their constitution and is tolerant of other faiths.

semi tolerant

A) as the highlighted part of the OP shows, the OP's analogy implies the mosque is being built at "the same location"

b) So you agree that they aren't building a mosque! Thanks for proving me right

A) So now you are a mind reader and know what the OP was implying?

B) How do you propose they will have a mosque inside the community center unless they actually build the damned thing?

wait til Christmas. Then tell us again about religious tolerance. whydonchya?

umm, people DO fly the confederate flag:cuckoo:

and how well is it tolerated? doyathink? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

It's tolerated very well. I don't know of anyone who has ever been attacked or otherwise bothered for flying the traitors' flag

How cute that you actually probably believe that.

By the way, don't ignore my question Sangha

How the fuck do you think the Muslims will get a mosque inside the fucking community center unless they build a mosque??

moron

We are not celebrating Christmas this year?

Well, if thats the case, let me wish you a Happy Holidays in advance

Sangha must be surfing over at media matters to see if they plan on shipping a mosque in whole and simply installing it in the mosque.

What a fucking mushroom that person is.

we never get to celebrate Christmas in peace, all the bullshitters crawl outta the woodwork with their Holiday Trees, and Winter Solstice crap.

we never get to celebrate Christmas in peace, all the bullshitters crawl outta the woodwork with their Holiday Trees, and Winter Solstice crap.

Don't forget the Festivus Poles!

happy-festivus-for-the-rest-of-us.png

Forum List

Back