Husband Plays Cruel Prank on Wife

I still don't see what you find funny. I think it's a rotten and horrible thing to do and not at all funny in any way, unless you enjoy torturing your wife. Because THAT is torture. The husband is a rotten insensitive POS. You shouldn't even JOKE about such things which really do happen sometimes. It is NOT funny.

So are the endless nut shot videos you see all over America's funniest home videos, or most of the things you see on shows like "Tosh2.0."

At least no one was actually hurt where this one was concerned.
shrug.gif

Again, I agree that it was out of line. However, it's not like she doesn't know her husband and what he does for a living here.

Hell! My own mother (who's had five children, no less) laughed when I showed her that video (though she also said that she would have been pretty damn pissed lol).

Well your mother should have :slap: you and told you that's just sick. Her duty to teach you right from wrong, and THAT is wrong to do to someone. When you mess with a woman's sense of well being regarding her children, then you have crossed a line.

I want to know exactly what part of this video you find amusing. Is it when she runs down the stairs frantically, thinking that perhaps her child is dead or mortally wounded? Maybe it's when she finds out the SOB played a joke on her? There is nothing funny about fooling a woman into thinking her child might be dead. Nothing at all. IMO, it's just sick.

Tosh? Seriously? He shows internet tards, not innocent children allegedly being injured or killed. And when has America's funny videos show effigies of children being mortally wounded or killed?

Tosh regularly shows people getting running over by cars, breaking bones, and otherwise seriously injuring themselves.

I'm sorry, but by way of comparison, a prank in which no one gets hurt, and the "victim" isn't even all that traumatized afterwards, really isn't that big a deal in my book.
shrug.gif

Now, granted, if she'd had a full on conniption fit, it'd be a different story. The fact of the matter, however, is that she didn't.

"No harm, no foul."
I think it is interesting that people use the excuse of 'He/she does it; therefore, so can I.' Didn’t your parents teach you better than that? It's not an excuse for anything to point at someone else doing something heinous so you can do it too, and take pride in the fact what you're doing isn't as heinous as what the other guy did.

It's not true what you say, 'no harm, no foul.' There is a great deal of harm to the mother in this instance. A great deal of harm. I guess you don't realize what it feels like to think, if only for a moment, that your child is either extremely injured or fatally injured. It's a horrible, horrifying moment that no one should have to live through. And don't say 'chill,' that only indicates how immature you are.

It was a cruel prank but it was also hysterical. Some folks need lighten up a bit.
Pretending you killed your child is funny? Sorry but you are another psychopath.

Not hardly. Laughing at a cruel but funny prank doesn't make me a psychopath. I won't deny that I have a black sense of humor though.
And you are apparently not a parent.

Was it that obvious? lol.

Admittedly, I have a warped sense if humor.

It was a cruel prank but it was also hysterical. Some folks need lighten up a bit.
Pretending you killed your child is funny? Sorry but you are another psychopath.

Not hardly. Laughing at a cruel but funny prank doesn't make me a psychopath. I won't deny that I have a black sense of humor though.
And you are apparently not a parent.

Was it that obvious? lol.

Admittedly, I have a warped sense if humor.
I resemble that remark.

I love sick humor.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
OK, I know what my initial post was, but I'll admit, knowing it was going to happen made it kind of funny to me.

But just put yourself in that mom's shoes......which is what I did. You DON'T mess around with a woman's kids. You just DON'T.

That said, calling him a psychopath, or thinking that there's something wrong with anyone who got a chuckle out of it, is a little overboard.

Still deserves a beating though. :D

Oh, hell yeah. With the heavy cast iron pan.

I would want to use my fists! :lol:

What if it's her making all the money? You don't seem to be too on top of things.

And you are?
lol.gif

Bottom line: Chill the Hell out.
She doesn't need to chill. She is completely right. I wonder how the dad would feel if such a prank were played on him, thinking his child was dead. Do you have any idea what it feels like to think your child has just been in a fatal accident? This was not a 'prank.' It was a very stupid, extraordinarily thoughtless and cruel thing to do. Her husband is as immature as a child.

I don't understand how any parent could find this to be funny at all. It is only cruel, IMO.

I think it is interesting that people use the excuse of 'He/she does it; therefore, so can I.' Didn’t your parents teach you better than that? It's not an excuse for anything to point at someone else doing something heinous so you can do it too, and take pride in the fact what you're doing isn't as heinous as what the other guy did.

I never said that there was anything "wrong" with Tosh's particular brand of humor either. That's exactly the point.

It's comedy. Comedy is sometimes dark and cruel.

If you don't like it, don't watch.
shrug.gif

It's not true what you say, 'no harm, no foul.' There is a great deal of harm to the mother in this instance. A great deal of harm. I guess you don't realize what it feels like to think, if only for a moment, that your child is either extremely injured or fatally injured. It's a horrible, horrifying moment that no one should have to live through. And don't say 'chill,' that only indicates how immature you are.

Oh, please!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't project your own issues onto the video. By all appearances, she was completely fine afterwards.

Was it a "dick move?" Of course.

However, her husband was obviously aware that she'd be a good sport about the whole thing, or he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Context and target audience matters where this kind of thing is concerned.

I never said that there was anything "wrong" with Tosh's particular brand of humor either. That's exactly the point.

shrug.gif

Oh, please!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't project your own issues onto the video. By all appearances, she was completely fine afterwards.

However, her husband was obviously aware that she'd be a good sport about the whole thing, or he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Well, you don't really know that though. Some people are just immature jerks. IT would be quite traumatizing for any woman who cared about her child, Gath.

Well, you don't really know that though. Some people are just immature jerks. IT would be quite traumatizing for any woman who cared about her child, Gath.

From what we saw on the video, she was, at the very least, "okay." Granted, she was clearly angry and a bit upset, but hardly hysterical, or in any sense overtly "traumatized."

I honestly think she was mostly just stunned more anything else. The whole thing happened too quickly for it to have any real impact.

Frankly, when it does have time to fully sink in, the effect is likely going to be anger at her husband more than "emotional trauma" anyway.
icon_lol.gif

Would that be the case with every woman? Probably not.

I imagine some would take it a lot harder than others. However, again, that's why context matters here.

The husband was clearly counting on this not being all that big a deal in the first place.

From what we saw on the video, she was, at the very least, "okay." Granted, she was clearly angry and a bit upset, but hardly hysterical, or in any sense overtly "traumatized."

I honestly think she mostly just stunned more anything else. The whole thing happened too quickly for it to have any real impact.

Frankly, when it does have time to fully sink in, the effect is likely going to be anger at her husband more than "emotional trauma" anyway.
icon_lol.gif

I imagine some would take it a lot harder than others. However, again, that's why context matters here.

The husband was clearly counting on this not being all that big a deal in the first place.

Well, to be fair, it only showed a second of her reaction and then the husband saying "I'm sorry. . . " and the video cuts out. I'm quite sure ANY mom would be very upset about this "prank." It was in very bad taste, IMO.

I cannot see how that would not be a big deal to any parent. That is your worst nightmare, seriously.

I honestly think she was mostly just stunned more anything else. The whole thing happened too quickly for it to have any real impact.

icon_lol.gif

I think a person has to have a REALLY sick sense of humor to find anything to be funny about their child being killed/injured. A person must be insane.

Well, to be fair, it only showed a second of her reaction and then the husband saying "I'm sorry. . . " and the video cuts out. I'm quite sure ANY mom would be very upset about this "prank." It was in very bad taste, IMO.

I cannot see how that would not be a big deal to any parent. That is your worst nightmare, seriously.

But nothing actually happened though. That's the whole thing.

She thought something happened for all of like 5 seconds there, but then she almost immediately saw that everything was okay.

Again, don't get me wrong. It's a pretty cruel prank, and not one that I'd ever dream of pulling on someone.

However, trying to make it out as being some kind of trauma on the level of PTSD or worse would strike me as being a bit much. She was clearly coming down off of it even by the time the video ended.

But nothing actually happened though. That's the whole thing.

She thought something happened for all of like 5 seconds there, but then she almost immediately saw that everything was okay.

Again, don't get me wrong. It's a pretty cruel prank, and not one that I'd ever dream of pulling someone.

However, trying to make it out as being some kind of trauma on the level of PTSD or worse would strike me as being a bit much. She was clearly coming down off of it even by the time the video ended.

Yeah, well that 5 seconds was probably the most horrible of her entire life.

I'm not a parent, so I couldn't say.

I'm sure it wasn't fun, however.

Did you hear the panic in her voice and see her run down the stairs frantically? The poor thing! I felt sorry for her. I might even beat him up if I was just her friend and found out about that. :lol:

Did you hear the panic in her voice and see her run down the stairs frantically? The poor thing! I felt sorry for her. I might even beat him up if I was just her friend and found out about that. :lol:

Yea... I imagine that there would have been quite a bit more shin kicking and punching involved, at the very least.
lol.gif

Yea... I imagine that there would have been quite a bit more shin kicking and punching involved, at the very least.
lol.gif

Not only would his wife beat him, but all her friends too, and not in a good way! :lol:

shrug.gif

Oh, please!
icon_rolleyes.gif

I think you just don't get it and are also probably not a parent. This woman really believed for a few moments that her child was possibly fatally injured. That is a horrible thing to do to someone: it is in no way funny and is the type of prank an imbecile would play. The fact you are justifying this says a great deal about you and your character.

I think you just don't get it and are also probably not a parent. This woman really believed for a few moments that her child was possibly fatally injured. That is a horrible thing to do to someone: it is in no way funny and is the type of prank an imbecile would play. The fact you are justifying this says a great deal about you and your character.

Again, no. I'm simply trying to look at the matter objectively, while remaining mindful of the greater context surrounding it.

Was it a cruel prank? Yes.

Was it crossing the line? Yes.

Would I ever do such a thing myself? Hell no.

Was it the absolute end of the world, and is this woman going to be scarred for life because of it? Judging from what I saw on the video, no. She will not.

She'll be (quite justifiably) pissed at her husband for a few days, and then she'll get over it.

I'm sorry, but the level of drama on display in this thread is simply uncalled for as such.

Forum List

Back