Humans. Meh

Volcanos, earthquakes. tsunamis. But vast trash islands? Nature's plan some how? Plastic doesn't just go away, so when you drink that water out of a plastic bottle, can't you just use a refillable or a drinking fountain? No, that is to hard.

I recycle :p

When I don't use my own water bottle.
You wouldn't want to drink out of a water fountain around here...yuk!

I wonder if it is larger now. Or...hopefully...has been collected and disposed of properly.

If they made a documentary out of it hopefully they would have reclaimed it at the same time.
Imagine if they didn't!!!
Who knows. Documentaries and the ones filming usually don't "get involved". Maybe they didn't have the space to clean it up at the time, or the time it would involve. Just filming it, then moving on to the next story. It wouldn't surprise me.

Plastic Trash Islands Forming In Ocean Garbage Patch

One thing they've discovered so far is that there may be more trash on the ocean surface than previously thought. A 2014 study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that the ocean's plastic may be mysteriously disappearing, with much less debris in the water than had been predicted, based on the global rates of plastic production and disposal.

But that estimate relied on trawling for trash with nets. On his current trip, Moore did a similar 4.5-mile (7.2 kilometer) trawl of the ocean, but also used drones to assess the extent of trash from above.

"We found 100 times more plastic by weight with the drone, than we estimated from the trawl," Moore said.

The team is also studying the impact of the plastic on marine life. So far, they have found that about 35 percent of the fish they sampled have swallowed some plastic, Moore said.

Plastic Trash Islands Forming In Ocean Garbage Patch

One thing they've discovered so far is that there may be more trash on the ocean surface than previously thought. A 2014 study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found that the ocean's plastic may be mysteriously disappearing, with much less debris in the water than had been predicted, based on the global rates of plastic production and disposal.

The team is also studying the impact of the plastic on marine life. So far, they have found that about 35 percent of the fish they sampled have swallowed some plastic, Moore said.
Fishie roughage :p

One possibility is that it is being broken down into tiny, undetectable particles, whose impact on the ocean is unknown. Another possibility is that it is being carried into the deep ocean.
^^^^^that's interesting^^^^^
Wonder if some of those recently downed large aircraft will ever resurface from the deep ocean...

We have regular beach cleanups here where the locals go pick up trash. So far, we have not heard on the news any of the debris from Japan showing up. Yet. At least not in my neck of the woods. Up and down the coast..I don't know. Haven't heard anything.

Two years old report:

Floating island of rubbish three times size of BRITAIN floating towards California - Mirror Online

Doesn't look like its getting any better. No surprise, that.

Five millions tons of debris made up of devastated property is making its way to the US following the 2011 tsunami in Japan.

Gracie Since it's coming to Cali, have you heard anything about it in the news?

Maybe if it makes it to shore Cali can recycle everything!
A year or so after the Japan earthquakes there was a report of a huge mass of trash washing ashore in I believe, Washington state. Even cars.

Thanks for proving my point. But things are getting better, not worse.

American Opinion on Climate Change Warms Up Yale Project on Climate Change Communication

Public concern about global warming appears to be on the rise again, after a year of significant declines, according to a new national survey conducted by the Yale Project on Climate Change Communication.

Since January, public belief that global warming is happening rose four points, to 61 percent, while belief that it is caused mostly by human activities rose three points, to 50 percent. The number of Americans who worry about global warming rose three points, to 53 percent. And the number of Americans who said that the issue is personally important to them rose five points, to 63 percent.

The stabilization and slight rebound in public opinion is occurring amid signs the economy is starting to recover, along with consumer confidence, and as memories of unusual snowstorms and scientific scandals recede. The BP oil disaster is also reminding the public of the dark side of dependence on fossil fuels, which may be increasing support for clean energy policies.

Americans who said President Obama and Congress should make developing sources of clean energy a high priority increased 11 points, to 71 percent, while those who said that global warming should be a high priority rose six points, to 44 percent. In a seven-point increase since January, 69 percent of Americans said that the United States should make a large or medium-scale effort to reduce global warming even if it incurs large or moderate economic costs.

- See more at: American Opinion on Climate Change Warms Up Yale Project on Climate Change Communication

Yale........ok s0n!! The #1 university for progressive causes in the country outside UC Berkley!!!

Gallup.............Pew...........Rasmussen.............all come up with the same conclusion on climate change!! Not on anybody's radar!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Already posted up the Gallup.............heres the Pew Poll from 2014 >>>

Most Americans Believe in Climate Change But Give It Low Priority Pew Research Center

Wanna see the Rasmussen s0n??

Not to mention......candidates who took a strong position on climate change in the mid-terms got waxed ( = got the boot :coffee: )

Climate Change Activists Come Up Short In Midterm Elections NPR

Tens of millions were spent on these Disney losers!!!:oops-28:

We all have been hearing about the 97% think for 20 years. Nobody is caring what the scientists are saying!!

How do we know?

Because there hasn't been dick for legislation passed since 2007.....not to mention that Cap and Trade are as dead as a doornail and carbon trading worldwide is now a relic of a former era.:fu::funnyface::funnyface: Shit........even Germany is going back to coal!!! 20 new plants between now and 2020 >>>

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/coalfired.jpg.html'][/URL]

[URL='http://[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/burger%20king.jpg.html][IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/baldaltima/burger%20king.jpg[/IMG][/URL]'][URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/burger%20king.jpg.html']
[/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Only to the fringe k00ks sweetie!!!:boobies::boobies::2up:

A huge majority is dealing quite well with the way human civilization is going...........because they are busy dealing with real responsibilities in life.:coffee: No time to worry about drivel............if they all had thinking like you, lots of bad shit would be at your doorstep.:bye1:

I reported the news. I also titled the thread exactly how I wished to title it. Humans suck. Bear shits in the woods...he doesn't bring it home. We have been shitting all over the earth AND bringing it home.

But, you and your pal are fools and not worth explaining this to. So..toodles.
so you suck? Interesting. I love it when people call themselves out.

I reported the news. I also titled the thread exactly how I wished to title it. Humans suck. Bear shits in the woods...he doesn't bring it home. We have been shitting all over the earth AND bringing it home.

funny, where is the bear's home? hmmm, the woods? hahahahahahahaha what a flame out.

53-26293-screen-shot-2015-05-13-at-2-1431551091.jpg

What Humans Are Doing to Earth - Purple Clover

I'm sure the naysayers will arrive promptly and say this is all a bunch of hogwash.

Some humans have no compassion for our planet. See: Climate change deniers.
right? So when will you show some?

Blanket stereo typing is an Alyinsky tactic. You generalize without being specific about those responsible. What was it you hoped to accomplish by charging people who dont act that way with the crime of acting that way?

All that did for me was to show your an activist who doesn't care what the real facts are.. Agenda trumps using your brain. In other words your a Useful Idiot.
she shit herself Billy. she said she sucked, she said that bears don't bring their poop home because the bear shits in the woods, his/ her home. It's hilarious this shit on here. holy crap. She hates herself, sad thing. She has no ideas of how to change whatever it is she is complaining about other than humans sucking. immaturity what a thing.

edit: BTW, does she want humans to shit in the woods? I mean, i think she implies that right?

There is a place in the pacific called "Gilligan's island" a vast island of floating plastic trash the size of Texas.
I'm sure the professor will figure out what to use it for.

Forum List

Back