Huge numbers sign up for the ACA

Actually, the official projection by the CBO was 6 million in 2014.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/45010-breakout-AppendixB.pdf

no, the project CBO was 7 million ... Ive posted this before... do to the screw up of the web site in the beginning months they rand a new projected number ... that turned out to be 5 million... but you keep trying ....

Click the link to the updated CBO report.

Or continue to pull facts out of your ass.

and I wasn't pulling it out ofr my ass its what I read...
case in point...
Vice President Joe Biden confirmed Wednesday what analysts and insiders have long predicted about the Affordable Care Act’s first open enrollment season: the numbers will most likely fall short of original White House expectations.

Biden told a small group of people in Minneapolis that the ObamaCare rollout is off to a “hell of a start” and that it will be tough to get the target on the number of people signing up for coverage by the March 31 deadline. "We may not get to seven million, we may get to five or six, but that's a hell of a start," Biden said, according to a pool report.

no, the project CBO was 7 million ... Ive posted this before... do to the screw up of the web site in the beginning months they rand a new projected number ... that turned out to be 5 million... but you keep trying ....

heres what it said...

Subsidies and related spending for insurance obtained
through exchanges constitute the largest share of the costs
of the coverage provisions of the ACA. CBO and JCT
project that, under current law
, 6 million people in
2014 will receive insurance coverage through the new
exchanges
. Over time, more people are expected to
respond to the new coverage options, so enrollment is
projected to increase sharply in 2015 and 2016. Starting
in 2017, between 24 million and 25 million people are
expected to obtain coverage each year through exchanges,
and roughly 80 percent of those enrollees are expected to
receive subsidies for purchasing that insurance.

I don't read that as a projection number ... to me it's saying 6 million will receive coverage ... I realize the word projected is prior to it but its seperated by a coma ...

Wow.

You are just too stupid for words.

Whenever a government agency says something will happen, that's a projection.

Wow.

case in point...
Vice President Joe Biden confirmed Wednesday what analysts and insiders have long predicted about the Affordable Care Act’s first open enrollment season: the numbers will most likely fall short of original White House expectations.

Biden told a small group of people in Minneapolis that the ObamaCare rollout is off to a “hell of a start” and that it will be tough to get the target on the number of people signing up for coverage by the March 31 deadline. "We may not get to seven million, we may get to five or six, but that's a hell of a start," Biden said, according to a pool report.

Yeah.. they won't start turning the screws until the ink dries. Once it does, and everyone has accepted subservience to the insurance industry.... watch your backside!

stay stupid it fits you ...

You think I'm wrong?

I clearly said you're stupid ... you view of health care is stupid, your opinion so far of health are moronic ... wrong??? no I didn't say you were wrong ... I clearly said you're stipid

I am sure this has been pointed out several times, I have seen it in other places, but I will just restate it here. Any program that has had as much negative advertising as the Republicans have put against the ACA a number of 4 million is outstanding. Do the Republican advertise against the ACA because they believe signing up for the ACA will do the people great harm or do the Republicans do it to gain votes? A political party that puts the interests of the party above the interests of the American public has lost its way indeed.

Why Democrats aren't bragging about Obamacare's good news - CNN.com

If a few years the GOP will try to take credit for the ACA.:clap2:

Yes, the GOP just wants to wish away the poor or the Country.

If we have learned nothing else from the R's fight against the ACA, its that they will do anything they can to screw over Americans.

We've seen it in many other issues but they really went overboard with the huge waste of taxpayer's money (in excess of $50million) on more than 45 admittedly fake votes.

And yet, just as with so many other issues, as ACA helps ore and more people, the R will try to take the credit for it. The rw's will be stumbling over each other to do the same.

The ACA, in it's amended form, is designed to screw over millions who already have insurance by way of their grandfather clause provisions. Millions of us are going to be forced into Obamacare. The only way it can happen is if the insurance companies drop existing policies. Every policy undergoes annual cost adjustments, which removes grandfather protections automatically. Policies the administration declares illegal will be dropped. So essentially, Obama is going to give millions of the already insured the shaft. We received a taste of this when the individual mandate kicked in last October.This event has been moved back 3 years till after the next general election in hopes it will help a Democrat win the WhiteHouse.

Last edited:

heres what it said...

, 6 million people in
exchanges

I don't read that as a projection number ... to me it's saying 6 million will receive coverage ... I realize the word projected is prior to it but its seperated by a coma ...

Wow.

Wow.
keep tap dancing it fits you you said the cbo reported a 6 million estamate this isn't the cbo projecting a estamate

Last edited:
heres what it said...

, 6 million people in
exchanges

Wow.

Wow.
keep tap dancing it fits you you said the cbo reported a 6 million estamate this isn't the cbo projecting a estamate

"To be honest, it makes me very nervous to say that the CBO did its math wrong or, worse, to accuse it of bad faith. These are intelligent, educated professionals and they have access to a lot more data and a lot more personnel than I do. Here at acadeathspiral it’s just me and my little computer along with some very powerful software. On the other hand, it’s not as if the CBO hasn’t been wrong before. It assumed earlier that the government would reduce its deficit $70 billion over 10 years as a result of Title VIII of the ACA (the so-called CLASS Act on long term care insurance) when many independent sources believed — rightly as it turned out — that the now-repealed CLASS Act was obviously structured in a way that could never fly. The CBO assumed in July 2012 that 9 million people would enroll in the Exchanges in 2014, a number that is now down to 6 million. And, while there are explanations for each of these changes, the bottom line is that CBO is fallible too.

So, if I might, I would strongly urge the CBO to double check its numbers and provide more information on the data it relied upon and the methodology it employed in getting to its results. I’d ask Congress, which has ongoing oversight of the ACA, to insist that the Congressional Budget Office, which is exempt from Freedom of Information Act requests from ordinary citizens, provide further detail. American healthcare is indeed too important to have policy decisions made on the basis of what could be some sort of mathematical error."

http://acadeathspiral.org/tag/marco-rubio/

Last edited:
heres what it said...

, 6 million people in
exchanges

Wow.

Wow.

Even though it literally says this:

"CBO and JCT project that, under current law, 6 million people in 2014 will receive insurance coverage through the new exchanges"

:cuckoo:

Yeah, it looks like the first year's fines will be skipped.

I can't remember where I read it, or saw it, or what ... but I kind of remember there is a date that is set for all people to be enrolled .... its in the future like 2017, 2020 something like that ... basically it was saying that's when they will start taxing people who have signed up yet ... prior to that they won't be taxing anyone ...

It'd be good if you could provide some proof and perhaps let the IRS know.

Questions and Answers on the Individual Shared Responsibility Provision

As usual, your "facts" don't stand up to scrutiny. You really don't know what you are talking about.

that wasn't the question ... the question, as I understood it, was when will you start being taxed for not signing up ... what you have shown is when you are supposed to start signing up ...

case in point...

stay stupid it fits you ...

You think I'm wrong?

I clearly said you're stupid ... you view of health care is stupid, your opinion so far of health are moronic ... wrong??? no I didn't say you were wrong ... I clearly said you're stipid

Wow... can't argue with that!

glad you know who you are ... so does everybody else ... BCBS bad plans that's why they are pushing your bull shit here... cause people are dumping them ... looks like they aren't doing too well ... soon you will be here with no job ... and wondering WTF happen

You stated that 95% of folks get a subsidy, please show us your source?
You stated that folks can still buy insurance after March 31, show us your source for that?

Billie you just aren't very bright.....

You stated that I posted a plan that only pays out a max of 9500.....show that to me?

it amazes me how you lie so much ... go back on this thread and read what I said ... I don't give sources ... its a waste of time ... I never said the pay out maxed at 9500 dollars ... I said the max pay out is 9500 dollars awhole different meaning . you paid poster in case you didn't understand that go ask your bosses at BCBS they'll tell you what it means

Clearly you are retarded.

Tell me what the 9500 dollar number represents Billie.

This program is such a raging success. Why hold businesses back - launch this now for everyone as it was originally intended.

Too freaking funny.

I'm surprised that no one is outraged that business is being discriminated against and forced to wait until 2016 to enjoy the many benefits of the ACA. Every fair-minded American should demand that it be implemented now as the law was originally written.

Don't you agree?

nope I don't agree ... it also says in the bill that the government is allow to adjust sections in the law that says when you have to be signed up...

Prove it Billie...I mean you are learned in the law, show where it says that the Prez can shift the dates as he deems fit....

glad you know who you are ... so does everybody else ... BCBS bad plans that's why they are pushing your bull shit here... cause people are dumping them ... looks like they aren't doing too well ... soon you will be here with no job ... and wondering WTF happen

You stated that folks can still buy insurance after March 31, show us your source for that?

You stated that I posted a plan that only pays out a max of 9500.....show that to me?

it amazes me how you lie so much ... go back on this thread and read what I said ... I don't give sources ... its a waste of time ... I never said the pay out maxed at 9500 dollars ... I said the max pay out is 9500 dollars awhole different meaning . you paid poster in case you didn't understand that go ask your bosses at BCBS they'll tell you what it means

I don't give sources

You're dismissed little boi, you have been to shown to lie through your teeth

case in point...

You think I'm wrong?

Billie Boi is clearly backwoods inbred.....you almost have to feel sorry for someone as stupid as he is.

He'll run away shortly because he likes to post when nobody can pin his ass down.

case in point...

You think I'm wrong?

Yup, very succinct in it's delivery too...

I can't remember where I read it, or saw it, or what ... but I kind of remember there is a date that is set for all people to be enrolled .... its in the future like 2017, 2020 something like that ... basically it was saying that's when they will start taxing people who have signed up yet ... prior to that they won't be taxing anyone ...

As usual, your "facts" don't stand up to scrutiny. You really don't know what you are talking about.

that wasn't the question ... the question, as I understood it, was when will you start being taxed for not signing up ... what you have shown is when you are supposed to start signing up ...

From the link, idiot:

Starting in 2014, the individual shared responsibility provision calls for each individual to have minimum essential health coverage (known as minimum essential coverage) for each month, qualify for an exemption, or make a payment when filing his or her federal income tax return.

Clearly you are retarded.

Tell me what the 9500 dollar number represents Billie.

go fuck yourself paid poster... it says clearly what I said ... if you can't grasp that, go to your bosses at BCBS and have them explain it to you ... you can't stand the fact that I caught you lying about what I said ... you got caught lying here again by trying to twist what I said ... if these republicans don't understand what max pay out means, then it sucks for them, paid poster ... I'm not jumping through some paid posters hoop ... go fuck yourself !!!!

Billie Boi is clearly backwoods inbred.....you almost have to feel sorry for someone as stupid as he is.

He'll run away shortly because he likes to post when nobody can pin his ass down.

you're just mad because I nailed you for lying ... time and time again... an all you done here is nothing but lie ... now you're trying to save face. paid poster ...

From the link, idiot:

Starting in 2014, the individual shared responsibility provision calls for each individual to have minimum essential health coverage (known as minimum essential coverage) for each month, qualify for an exemption, or make a payment when filing his or her federal income tax return.
doesn't start until 2015 bozo ... deal with it ...

Forum List

Back