Huge numbers sign up for the ACA

whose an abomination here is you for lying to us all paid liar ...calling people who need help with their health care and abomination... the only ones who don't get subsidies are people who make over 100,000 dollars a year and it has been said by the CBO that 95% of the Americans people make under a 100,000 dollars ... so I guess you can say to the rich 5% go out there rich 5% and work a little harder ... we know the other 95 % already are ...

Only those with a family of 4 or more get subsidies while making near $100K per year. No subsidies for someone single making $50K and couples over about $65K get no subsidies. Also the cost-sharing of out of pocket costs is only available to individuals making below $30K and a family a 4 making less than about $60K.

ObamaCare Subsidies

Billie is not interested in any facts but his own.

your facts are distortions of reality and we all know it ... like I said who in their right mind would buy a plan with a max pay out of 9500 dollars ... you would have to be an idiot when there are many other plans out their from different companies for less money ... that has a better pay out ... those are the facts that you can't seem to want to admit to .... because BCBS doesn't want you to show us all the other plans out their ... this is your job here ...your here to try and create question in posters minds ... I know what your all about ... further more I won't take you serious anymore, paid poster ...

Whatever will I do....Billie Boi has found me out...Blue Cross pays me to paint the insurance plans in a bad light by showing how bad the very plans that pay me are....:cuckoo:

glad you know who you are ... so does everybody else ... BCBS bad plans that's why they are pushing your bull shit here... cause people are dumping them ... looks like they aren't doing too well ... soon you will be here with no job ... and wondering WTF happen

You stated that 95% of folks get a subsidy, please show us your source?
You stated that folks can still buy insurance after March 31, show us your source for that?

Billie you just aren't very bright.....

You stated that I posted a plan that only pays out a max of 9500.....show that to me?

Whatever will I do....Billie Boi has found me out...Blue Cross pays me to paint the insurance plans in a bad light by showing how bad the very plans that pay me are....:cuckoo:

glad you know who you are ... so does everybody else ... BCBS bad plans that's why they are pushing your bull shit here... cause people are dumping them ... looks like they aren't doing too well ... soon you will be here with no job ... and wondering WTF happen

You stated that folks can still buy insurance after March 31, show us your source for that?

You stated that I posted a plan that only pays out a max of 9500.....show that to me?

I am quite familiar with BillyeRock and yes, he has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer. :cuckoo:

I thought this was an interesting article of things to come with this debacle healthcare...

IRS Enforcement of 'Individual Mandate' May Be Light
By Rebecca Adams
Roll Call Staff
Feb. 24, 2014, 3:42 p.m.
One of the most debated parts of the health care law is the requirement that most Americans buy insurance starting this year. If they don’t, they face a fine of $95 or 1 percent of their income, whichever is more.
But it’s not clear that the IRS will deploy much in the way of resources to aggressively search for individuals who don’t get coverage this first year. Enforcement of the individual mandate likely will be a huge challenge for the agency, both because of the difficulties in figuring out who doesn’t have insurance and the political problems it would pose for the Obama administration.
“I’d be very surprised if there’s much in the way of enforcement. It just doesn’t seem plausible,” said Federal Policy Group Managing Director Ken Kies, a former top congressional aide. “The IRS is in a tough spot. They don’t have the resources to do this. This is a whole different responsibility for them they never had before.”
The insurance requirement has never been popular in polls, and congressional Republicans have made it a major issue. This month, House Republicans unveiled a bill (HR 4064) to delay the requirement, often called the “individual mandate.”
But it’s not clear if a postponement is even needed given the realities faced by the IRS and the fact that many people will be exempt.
The first question: How will the agency know if someone didn’t have health coverage in 2014? The simplified answer: Taxpayers will tell them. If confused or dishonest taxpayers don’t report it accurately, chances are the IRS will not know right away.
Even if the Obama administration wanted to track down every person who did not have coverage in 2014, the agency will not have all the data it needs to accomplish that. This year the IRS is not expected to have any massive database pinpointing which taxpayers have coverage. With 140 million tax returns to process, the agency will need to primarily rely on self-reporting the first year.
“Individuals will report their own coverage on the 2014 income tax return that they file in 2015,” wrote IRS officials in an emailed response to questions. “The accuracy of the information shown on the tax return is the responsibility of the taxpayer.”
The exchanges also will report who’s on their insurance rolls, but the Congressional Budget Office projects that will only account for about 6 million Americans.
This situation is expected to just be temporary, though — there will be more detailed reporting by employers and insurers in later years that will give the IRS a fuller picture of who’s insured.
The law’s authors and regulators also allow for a long and growing list of exemptions to the mandate, making the IRS enforcement duties more complex. The latest came when the administration exempted people whose health insurance policies were canceled because the coverage did not meet benefit requirements under the health care law.
A few of these exemptions — such as a waiver for people with a religious objection to health coverage or financial hardship — require individuals to get certificates from the new marketplaces.
For some others — such as people who are in the country illegally or have a short health coverage gap — it will be reported on 2014 tax forms. That means those taxpayers will be claiming an exemption on their own.
The 2014 forms aren’t public yet and probably won’t be issued in draft form until at least the summer. It’s not clear what kinds of documentation will be required of those Americans who believe they are exempt.
Other problems could abound. Taxpayers could make mistakes. Tax prep service officials and accountants are eager to see more details on how consumers should report coverage next year so they can prepare themselves and their customers.
“We tell the IRS, the more you can tell us, the more we can help taxpayers,” said Theresa Pattara, director of regulatory affairs and public policy of H&R Block.
Some exemptions involve details that could baffle taxpayers. The definition of health care coverage itself could confuse some people.
Consumers also may be startled if they find they owe the IRS money because they got deeper discounts on their subsidized health insurance than they should have. That’s due to a related section of the law also administered by the IRS.
Many people who buy insurance on their own will qualify for tax credit subsidies extended under the law that help them buy plans in the new marketplaces. People get the money upfront as a discount that lowers their monthly insurance premiums when they buy insurance through the marketplaces. The federal funding is for people with incomes between the federal poverty line ($11,490 a year for one person) and four times the poverty line.
But the tax credit is a projection based on what people think they’ll earn, which could end up higher or lower than expected. If consumers don’t report income changes, they could get higher subsidies than they are entitled to receive.
Congress gave the IRS tools to enforce these two parts of the law — the individual mandate and the tax credits. But the tools are quite different.
For the fines for people who do not buy insurance, the agency was not authorized by Congress to do much more than send letters demanding the money and take the penalties from any refunds the taxpayers may be owed. That’s not insignificant, because most Americans get refunds. The IRS can capture that money owed whenever a taxpayer is due a refund, even in future years.
And while the IRS may not hunt for people who mistakenly or deliberately did not report a lack of coverage in 2014, officials may find some of them during audits for other reasons.
But people who owe fines for not getting health coverage cannot be thrown in jail. The agency can’t impose a lien on your property or a levy to take it away.
However, for any subsidy overpayments, the IRS can use liens and levies.
Nonetheless, most Americans do not want to risk running afoul of the IRS, which can add interest to debts and pursue perjury charges if people lie.
“The vast majority of taxpayers properly file their tax returns and pay what they owe in a timely manner,” IRS officials wrote to CQ Roll Call. “By doing so, taxpayers avoid paying additional amounts.”
If the IRS were to really go after people who did not buy coverage this year, it would create yet more bad publicity just as the Obama administration is recovering from the flawed rollout of the federal exchange website that is handling enrollment for 36 states this year.
“Because things were slow to get put into place, it’s likely they’d take a lighter approach to enforcement at first,” said Gary Claxton, vice president of the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation. “The evidence won’t be as clear and the penalties are lower than in later years.”
In addition, administration officials seem to be aware that many taxpayers are still learning the details of the law.
“It’s not about getting the money,” said Claxton. “It’s about getting people’s attention.”

When we get to 90% of the 48 million that Obama said didn't have insurance then maybe the Libs
can start to brag about huge numbers signing up.

you know you are stupid don't ya ??? on yeah thats right stupid people like your self don't realize they are stupid... they projected 5 million people to sign up in the first 3 months... march isn't over yet you idiot... the next time enrollment starts they expect another 7 to 10 million people signing up ... pull your head out of your ass and stop fighting it ... Obama care is here to stay and there isn't any amount of whining you or your fellow repub-lie-tards can do thats going to change it ... deal with it ...

Last edited:

it amazes me how you lie so much ... go back on this thread and read what I said ... I don't give sources ... its a waste of time ... I never said the pay out maxed at 9500 dollars ... I said the max pay out is 9500 dollars awhole different meaning . you paid poster in case you didn't understand that go ask your bosses at BCBS they'll tell you what it means

huge numbers

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!1

what a Joke!

LESS than 4 million; about half of what Sebelius said would be "success" in her mind. Yes she absurdly tried to LIE and say the 7 million number came from the CBO; but she's on video saying it herself; and not from Fox news for you lib lemmings so terrified of the truth

When we get to 90% of the 48 million that Obama said didn't have insurance then maybe the Libs

you know you are stupid don't ya ??? on yeah thats right stupid people like your self don't realize they are stupid... they projected 5 million people to sign up in the first 3 months... march isn't over yet you idiot... the next time enrollment starts they expect another 7 to 10 million people signing up ... pull your head out of your ass and stop fighting it ... Obama care is here to stay and there isn't any amount of whining you or your fellow repub-lie-tards can do thats going to change it ... deal with it ...

Actually, the official projection by the CBO was 6 million in 2014.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/45010-breakout-AppendixB.pdf

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/45010-breakout-AppendixB.pdf

i saw video of Sebelius saying 7 million by the end of March was the benchmark; she was being interviewed on CNN or some station like that.

they arent even close; and they are counting MEDICARE sign-ups; but that is different. also there is no clear definition of what signing up even means

once again I posted this once before you seem to like to avoid the facts here don't you

Of the 110,000,000 households in the United States, there are 146,000 households (or 0.1 percent of households) which have incomes of over 1.5 million dollars a year. Of these high earning households, 11,000 (or 0.01 percent of the total number of households in the US) had incomes of more than 5.5 million dollars. These households have a disproportionate effect on the mean income, helping to make it significantly higher than the incomes of many Americans.

There is significant income inequality in the USA, with a small number of households earning incomes that are much higher than the lowest earning families. This means that the mean income does not reflect the experiences of many Americans. In 2013, about 47 percent of people had incomes of less than 25,000 dollars. Twenty-eight percent of people had incomes of between 25,000 and 50,000 dollars. Thirteen percent of people had incomes of 50,000 to 75,000 dollars. About five percent had incomes between 75,000 and 100,000 dollars, while just six percent had incomes that were more than 100,000 dollars. However, many households have more than one income.

The mean or average income figure can provide some useful information, but it can also be useful to consider the median income. The median is the number that would be right in the middle if you ranked everyone's income by size, from lowest to highest. This means that half of the people in the US would be earning less than this, while the other half would be earning more. Because higher earning individuals can have a stronger influence on the mean income than people who earn less, the mean and the median will usually be different. The mean income will usually be greater than the median income.

The median US household income is 46,326 dollars. This means that half of the families in the US are living on incomes of less than 46,326 dollars while the other half are living on incomes that exceed this amount. When dual income households are considered alone, they have a median income of 67,348 dollars. There are about 110,000,000 million households in the United States, which means that 55,000,000 households have an income that is below 46,326 dollars.

Average incomes for particular demographic groups or in certain parts of the USA can differ from the national medians and averages. For example, women tend to have lower incomes, on average than men and college graduates tend to have higher average incomes than those who do not have a college degree. Certain cities and states also have average incomes that are above or below the national average, although the costs of living in different areas can also vary. In 2009, the median incomes of 29 states were below the national median household income, while they were higher in the District of Columbia and 20 other states. The median in Wisconsin was close to the national median.

If you would like to learn more about the US economy and how it relates to personal finance, you will find some more interesting facts elsewhere on the usdta.org website.

now once again I proven you to be a liar I realize it comes to 93% but thats pretty dam close to 95%
75% + 13% +5% = 93% under the 94k which put you in line for a subsidy

Last edited:

I am quite familiar with BillyeRock and yes, he has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer. :cuckoo:

and neither have you to butter knives

no, the project CBO was 7 million ... Ive posted this before... do to the screw up of the web site in the beginning months they rand a new projected number ... that turned out to be 5 million... but you keep trying ....

Yeah, it looks like the first year's fines will be skipped.

I can't remember where I read it, or saw it, or what ... but I kind of remember there is a date that is set for all people to be enrolled .... its in the future like 2017, 2020 something like that ... basically it was saying that's when they will start taxing people who have signed up yet ... prior to that they won't be taxing anyone ...

no, the project CBO was 7 million ... Ive posted this before... do to the screw up of the web site in the beginning months they rand a new projected number ... that turned out to be 5 million... but you keep trying ....

Click the link to the updated CBO report.

Or continue to pull facts out of your ass.

I can't remember where I read it, or saw it, or what ... but I kind of remember there is a date that is set for all people to be enrolled .... its in the future like 2017, 2020 something like that ... basically it was saying that's when they will start taxing people who have signed up yet ... prior to that they won't be taxing anyone ...

Yeah.. they won't start turning the screws until the ink dries. Once it does, and everyone has accepted subservience to the insurance industry.... watch your backside!

Yeah.. they won't start turning the screws until the ink dries. Once it does, and everyone has accepted subservience to the insurance industry.... watch your backside!

stay stupid it fits you ...

stay stupid it fits you ...

You think I'm wrong?

Click the link to the updated CBO report.

Or continue to pull facts out of your ass.

heres what it said...

Subsidies and related spending for insurance obtained
through exchanges constitute the largest share of the costs
of the coverage provisions of the ACA. CBO and JCT
project that, under current law
, 6 million people in
2014 will receive insurance coverage through the new
exchanges
. Over time, more people are expected to
respond to the new coverage options, so enrollment is
projected to increase sharply in 2015 and 2016. Starting
in 2017, between 24 million and 25 million people are
expected to obtain coverage each year through exchanges,
and roughly 80 percent of those enrollees are expected to
receive subsidies for purchasing that insurance.

I don't read that as a projection number ... to me it's saying 6 million will receive coverage ... I realize the word projected is prior to it but its seperated by a coma ...

It'd be good if you could provide some proof and perhaps let the IRS know.

Questions and Answers on the Individual Shared Responsibility Provision

As usual, your "facts" don't stand up to scrutiny. You really don't know what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back