HUFFPO: Shooting in self defense is illegal because it denies violent criminals a fair trial

I have no idea what to make of this. The Huffington Post is arguing that Americans have no legal right to shoot a violent attacker because it violates the criminal’s right to a fair trial. I feel confident in saying this is by far the dumbest attempt to subvert our gun ownership rights ever and that’s saying a lot considering how insanely stupid gun grabbers are.

HuffPo: Shooting In Self-Defense Is Illegal Because It Denies Violent Criminals A Fair Trial

these are your dumbed down fake liberal idiots who are getting this Country into such a mess with the laws and sadly to gawd dam stupid to realize they are victims in every pathetic protest or incident they open their big mouths on.

Here's a thought for you idiots, if this is the case than cops should be able to do the same yah hypocritical morons.

I go this far. Shooting someone should be the last resort. Never the first. Of course someone will argue that if someone is shooting at me then I have to shoot back. Yes. That is true. But after that clear situation we diverge.

The presence of a weapon means shooting may but not necessarily is the last resort answer. Arguing that you don't have time to make sure it's a weapon leads to many of the tragedies we've seen too much of on the news.

Many times it comes down to the error or expectations. Let's use the analogy of the baseball batter. How many times have we watched a professional player swing for the fences at a pitch that is barely above the dirt? The batter expects the ball to be in the zone and starts his swing knowing he has a fraction of a second to make a decision and act.

As the pitcher begins his motion the batter is also in motion starting his swing. With a baseball covering the distance st nearly 100 MPH there isn't time to wait and judge the pitch after the pitcher releases.

Yet how many times do the batters Judge wrong? They check swing on good pitches, and flail away at bad ones. Those are mistakes in reading a finite series of actions by someone with literally years of experience and thousands of pitches to see first hand. The difference is that if a batter makes mistakes nobody dies. Worse it isn't the pitchers fault if the batter is tricked, that is his job.

We all saw the cop shoot the airman struggling out of his truck with his wallet in his hand. The cop shouts hand up. The victim complies immediately and is shot.

The cop expected the item in the hand to be a gun. He expected the action to be the "baddie" to point the weapon and fire at the cop. He expected a strike and swung as the ball bounced through the dirt.

The cop had cover. He had the time to take an extra half second and assess the situation. Was the suspect complying? But the cop had been taught that the half second is something he didn't have. People talk about becoming instinctive shooters. The action should Ben instinctive. The decision should be considered.

Isnt this the same rag that got punked and published a satirical piece as serious that said all white men should lose their right to vote?

How can anyone take HuffPo seriously anyway?

Didn't Clinton buy part of HUFF PO, If I recall she did/ they did that explains a lot lol
I dont know.

I have not read of that.

I heard something about it quite a few months ago but didn't really pay attention to since there was so much bs coming out on her LOL.......... I heard it in passing.

Did you got to the Original article over at HuFF's though?

Not yet.. let me click on it
Yeah gee, maybe ya should, dumbass comments beforehand are your ususal MO though.

Commenting on the blog that was commenting on the original
Always go to the original, always.

First click is the fastest

Premature ejaculatory approach. Figures.

I have no idea what to make of this. The Huffington Post is arguing that Americans have no legal right to shoot a violent attacker because it violates the criminal’s right to a fair trial. I feel confident in saying this is by far the dumbest attempt to subvert our gun ownership rights ever and that’s saying a lot considering how insanely stupid gun grabbers are.

HuffPo: Shooting In Self-Defense Is Illegal Because It Denies Violent Criminals A Fair Trial

these are your dumbed down fake liberal idiots who are getting this Country into such a mess with the laws and sadly to gawd dam stupid to realize they are victims in every pathetic protest or incident they open their big mouths on.

Here's a thought for you idiots, if this is the case than cops should be able to do the same yah hypocritical morons.

the crime and threat to someone's safety, liberty and property
also violates their Constitutional rights to security in their persons houses and effects.

Why should the criminals' rights take more of a priority compared to the rights of their victims should they have any victims? If the criminals do not want any of their rights to play second fiddle or be taken away from them all together, they shouldn't be breaking the law in the first place!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

/---- Sounds like the Onion but probably a real story sad to say

Hopefully it all gets the Obama bs out of here.

this time from the Huffing and Puffington Post

the new line of reasoning?

a criminal's right to a fair trial is more sacrosanct than an innocent person's right to saftey, or hell, maybe even live!

I don't even get surprised anymore about the ouright stupidity that we see from some leftsts anymore

Thank God that Thomas Jefferson demanded a Bill of Rights & thank God for President Trump making judicial appointments

Our freedom & way of life is, and has been, under attack...

quote:
The main problem with the notion of self-defense is it imposes on justice, for everyone has the right for a fair trial. Therefore, using a firearm to defend oneself is not legal because if the attacker is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights.

a criminal's right to a fair trial is more sacrosanct than an innocent person's right to saftey, or hell, maybe even live!

I don't even get surprised anymore about the ouright stupidity that we see from some leftsts anymore

Thank God that Thomas Jefferson demanded a Bill of Rights & thank God for President Trump making judicial appointments

quote:
The main problem with the notion of self-defense is it imposes on justice, for everyone has the right for a fair trial. Therefore, using a firearm to defend oneself is not legal because if the attacker is killed, he or she is devoid of his or her rights.

Well, when it comes to the Second Amendment, the one thing you can be sure on is that no one, left or right, understands, or even wants to understand.

But this guy's argument is ridiculous, beyond any comprehension of the real world.

quote:

These people are increasingly insane, not to mention dangerous to normal society.

If a person has to make a split second decision to shoot someone to save either their own life and/or the lives of their family, they are not about to stand there for a few minutes contemplating should they shoot or shouldn't they shoot, because of course within that few minutes they and/or their family are going to be dead.

quote:

Total fucking gibberish, the rights of the person being attacked come before any rights an attacker has, the simple situation is that's if the attacker was already law abiding and minding their own business and not choosing to become an attacker in the first place they wouldn't be in a situation where they were going to risk being shot.

Another situation is with burglars who get shot, tough who cares, if they were not breaking the law by being in someones house in the first place they wouldn't be getting shot.

The Leftist Maniacs have always had a demented and perverted obsession with the rights of the criminals, regardless of whether they are armed robbers, mass murderers, terrorists, serial killers or rapists and at the same time have always had next to zero concern with the rights of the perpetrators innocent victims.

All these Rights Groups are sick and twisted and should be dragged off the street and thrown into secure institutions.

images

*****SMILE*****

:)

Denying someone the right to a fair trial is my favorite part of shooting them in self defense. I hope this doesn't make me a bad person.
shrug.gif

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. A dead criminal can't testify against you.

Shoot first, hire a lawyer later.

Outside of handing guns to the most mentally ill people I support the second amendment.

You all call me a leftist.

I said "some leftists"

Hell, I know left wingers that are strong gun advocates

My crazy uncle in 10 R C is one - hell, he used to be in the TBI...

But here is something to consider, many leftists actually will argue that HuffPo is a legit news source

They are not - it is not surprising to see a piece like this in their publication

insofar as credibility is concerned, HuffPo is in the same neighborhood as Gateway Pundit or InfoWars...

and that is being generous

Outside of handing guns to the most mentally ill people I support the second amendment.

You all call me a leftist.

I don't know your personal beliefs on a lot of major issues as I'm not familiar enough with you on this forum to know, but I will say that I know several liberal far left hunters. Just because you support the 2nd amendment does not make you a republican.

If you support bigger gov't, higher taxes, Hitlery Clinton, abortion, forcing people to pay for others healthcare, etc you're a leftist. Having a handgun in your pants doesn't change that.

a BLOGGER who as a guest, posted on the Huffington post....

it was NOT the Huffington Post...

AND FYI

BOTH OF the articles are FROM A YEAR ago...2016, not recent...

who gives you all of these articles to begin threads on mindwars?

They're still mad that they couldn't lynch Zimmerman, even with a kangaroo court and their press corp doing the full Monty.

The only thing that can "attack" the 2nd Amendment is another Constitutional amendment that modifies or nullifies it. Short of that, everything else is just chatter.

Forum List

Back