Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs

i'm sure if you give same sex marriage a chance, it will eventually boast the same level of commitment that is illustrated so well by the 50% divorce rate among heterosexual couples.

:rofl:

I have to admit, that otherwise, I'd be pretty damn disappointed.:(

Maybe Homophobia should be defined as: "Fear of Gay Marriages being more successful than Straight Marriages."

So the solution to the high divorce rate is to legalize another form of marriage that will also have a high divorce rate?
I don't get it.

That might be a new one...

...same sex marriage shouldn't be legalized because legal heterosexual marriage has proven to be a disaster.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

sounds like something Glen Beck would come up with.

I have to admit, that otherwise, I'd be pretty damn disappointed.:(

Maybe Homophobia should be defined as: "Fear of Gay Marriages being more successful than Straight Marriages."

So the solution to the high divorce rate is to legalize another form of marriage that will also have a high divorce rate?
I don't get it.

no kidding

:doubt:

Rabbi, let me draw you a picture:

What if Gay marriages turn out to have a 99% success rate:tongue::happy-1:, whilst traditional marriage only has a 50% success rate:meow:?

:eusa_think:

How could this be interpreted?

:eusa_eh:

Now you get it????

:night:

Last edited:
Fallacy: Appeal to Tradition

Also Known as: Appeal to the Old, Old Ways are Best, Fallacious Appeal to the Past, Appeal to Age

Description of Appeal to Tradition

Appeal to Tradition is a fallacy that occurs when it is assumed that something is better or correct simply because it is older, traditional, or "always has been done." This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

X is old or traditional
Therefore X is correct or better.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because the age of something does not automatically make it correct or better than something newer.

But, by all means, blather away...

One could easily formulate a fallacy of appeal to modernity. Just because something is old therefore it is necessarily outmoded. And that is a bigger fallacy because traditional things have withstood the test of time, modern things have not.
But I expect that's above your comprehension level.

Already been done:

Fallacy: Appeal to Novelty

Also Known as: Appeal to the New, Newer is Better, Novelty.

Description of Appeal to Novelty
Appeal to Novelty is a fallacy that occurs when it is assumed that something is better or correct simply because it is new. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:

X is new.
Therefore X is correct or better.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because the novelty or newness of something does not automatically make it correct or better than something older.

I don't get it.

no kidding

What if Gay marriages turn out to have a 99% success rate:tongue::happy-1:, whilst traditional marriage only has a 50% success rate:meow:?

Now you get it????

Let me draw you a picture: How about if purple monkeys flew out my ass. How could that be interpreted?

no kidding

Now you get it????

Let me draw you a picture: How about if purple monkeys flew out my ass. How could that be interpreted?

they couldn't handle the stench, most likely.

i hope that clears it up for you.

:thup:

Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, drugs - More politics- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Ummmm....whatever happened to that whole "big tent" idea the GOP under "street wise" leader Michael Steele, was going to try?

And I knew, just knew, that if VaYank posted something negative like this it was a distortion. Look through the article and sure enough. What he actually said was, where do you draw the line in accomodating people? If enough people want something currently immoral or illegal do we just say Oh, okay that's now not immoral or illegal?
While I've never been a fan of the Huckster this is typical distortion from the Left.

I know you're not advocating that argument but I do find it funny when people won't attack the actual proposal and instead attack a completely different, possibly straw proposal and act like it's impossible to have one without the other.

Last edited:
The classic all-you-need-to-know-about-this-guy moment that applies to Huckabee is that

while he was governor of Arkansas he once demanded that the words 'act of God' be taken out of an insurance bill because he didn't want God's name associated with disasters.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously?

Then if God has no control over natural disasters then why is he a considered a god?

but if advocates want to call it "marriage" then THEY need to prove it = the same commitment that exists between heterosexuals.

Heterosexuals don't need to show ANY commitment to get a marriage, you can marry a total stranger (in fact there was an old game show that did just that). So we got that taken care of.

The classic all-you-need-to-know-about-this-guy moment that applies to Huckabee is that

while he was governor of Arkansas he once demanded that the words 'act of God' be taken out of an insurance bill because he didn't want God's name associated with disasters.

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously?

Then if God has no control over natural disasters then why is he a considered a god?

Hey, I couldn't make shit like that up...

In March 1997, after a tornado ripped through Arkadelphia killing six people and destroying over 70 businesses downtown, Gov. Huckabee held up disaster assistance to the town of 10,000 people for weeks because he objected to an insurance industry term of art that labeled the destruction an "act of God."
Senate Bill 491 was so straightforward it ran to only two pages. It sought to protect tornado victims from insurance companies that might cancel policies after they filed claims. "No insurance policy or contract covering damages to property shall be canceled nor the renewal thereof denied solely as a result of claims arising from acts of God," it read.
"Acts of God" had a long history in English maritime law and was standard language in many insurance policies...
According to state legislative records, Huckabee first registered his objection to the Senate bill five days after the tornado. But his staff did not relay his concerns, he later wrote.
"While I realize that to some this is a minor issue, it is a matter of deep conscience with me to attribute in law a destructive and deadly force as being an 'act of God,' " he eventually wrote to the bill's sponsors, [state Rep. Dennis R.] Young and Sen. Wayne Dowd. While acknowledging that "acts of God" was the "appropriate" legal term, he suggested the legislature substitute "natural disaster."

Huckabee Delayed Disaster Aid Because Insurance Term "Act of God" Offended Him | Health and Wellness | AlterNet

Last edited:

WASHINGTON - Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Ummmm....whatever happened to that whole "big tent" idea the GOP under "street wise" leader Michael Steele, was going to try?

Good luck in 2012......lol

Perhaps its a huckabe/palin ticket....

Can he run on "hey, I let out people who kill people eventually"?

I agree with Huckabee's opinion. I also support his stance when he says, "I do not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage."

My guess of how things will evolve is that eventually marriage will be looked upon in a purely religious sense and the government through its laws will deal with "civil unions", of which marriage will be but one classification.

Me too. I mean no one gets a divorce now days. Its not like half the people who get married get divorces or anything.

but if advocates want to call it "marriage" then THEY need to prove it = the same commitment that exists between heterosexuals.

Heterosexuals don't need to show ANY commitment to get a marriage, you can marry a total stranger (in fact there was an old game show that did just that). So we got that taken care of.

Yup, they can meet on Friday night in vegas and get married on Saturday. TRADIONAL MARRIAGES RULE!

Idiot homophobes.

Poor Huckabee, stupid as a box of rocks. Another one that thinks the dinosaurs walked with man on earth in the last 6,000 years. He and Palin can sell ignorance on Fox.
Remember when he lost 100 pounds and was running every day? He gained it all back.

Which....if you were to go by the marriage philosophy of "If it disgusts me, it shouldn't be allowed"...how come obese people are allowed to marry? Ugh...

How about just unnatural?

Oh, geez. It may be unnatural for you, but it's not if you are gay. Unnatural for them is what is natural for you. It's the same principle as beauty being in the eye of the beholder.

I agree. It's a sexual perversion.

Good. Then don't do it. And mind your own business about what other people do. Isn't that simple?? I think people that are overly concerned about what goes on in other people's sex lives are just plain weird.

I agree with Huckabee's opinion. I also support his stance when he says, "I do not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage."

My guess of how things will evolve is that eventually marriage will be looked upon in a purely religious sense and the government through its laws will deal with "civil unions", of which marriage will be but one classification.
The definition of marriage has changed drastically over the centuries.
Not really, it's always been one man, and one woman.

No....lol....no it hasn't.

Forum List

Back